Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo: Rhodes physical model without samples

edited April 2020 in App Tips and Tricks

Try it and tell me what you think.
I'm surprised how well it turned out but I have to admit that this one took a while.

https://patchstorage.com/rrrrrays-rrrrhodes/

Comments

• I think it sounds really good 👍

• Very nice and that’s a lot of work !!

• Hmmmm, the project file crashes Drambo every time I try to open it.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Hmmmm, the project file crashes Drambo every time I try to open it.

Have you tried the latest version on patchstorage?

• edited April 2020

@rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

I think so? Just downloaded in last 15 minutes...

Edit: just downloaded again, changed the name of the project, rebooted iPad and it's still crashing Drambo. Other projects open without a crash.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Edit: just downloaded again, changed the name of the project, rebooted iPad and it's still crashing Drambo. Other projects open without a crash.

I had to build it again using the Appstore version of Drambo because it crashed here too.
    The one I've uploaded definitely works in the current official release.
    Are you using the latest Drambo version? If not, crashes are likely.

• @rs2000 One of my favorite sounds/instruments in the universe, looking forward to trying your version of it. Could you be so kind as to remind me, having downloaded your object from patchstorage, how I get it loaded/open in up in D-bo. Thanks x2 :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @rs2000 One of my favorite sounds/instruments in the universe, looking forward to trying your version of it. Could you be so kind as to remind me, having downloaded your object from patchstorage, how I get it loaded/open in up in D-bo. Thanks x2 :)

It is a project file. Just tap on the download arrow in safari (top left, blue icon with an arrow) and tap the file which should open the project in Drambo.

• edited April 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @rs2000 One of my favorite sounds/instruments in the universe, looking forward to trying your version of it. Could you be so kind as to remind me, having downloaded your object from patchstorage, how I get it loaded/open in up in D-bo. Thanks x2 :)

It should be very easy to open, I always upload full projects to avoid opening troubles with modules.
    AFAIR: iOS 12: Just hit "Open in... Drambo", iOS 13: Download, open the downloads view, choose the downloaded file, hit "share", choose "open in Drambo".
    Man, why do things have to be worse in iOS 13?

• @rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

I had to build it again using the Appstore version of Drambo because it crashed here too.
    The one I've uploaded definitely works in the current official release.
    Are you using the latest Drambo version? If not, crashes are likely.

Updated to latest version and it loads fine. Thanks for the tip. Sounds great, btw.

• I had a go this morning, thought it sounded great, really physical feel to it

• edited April 2020

I have a lot of modules greyed out (disconnected). Did you intend them to be that way?

It’s sounding great by the way. ;)

Edit, also sustain was on in adsr. More realistic to bring it to zero.

• @supadom said:
    I have a lot of modules greyed out (disconnected). Did you intend them to be that way?

Thanks!

Oops, which version have you tried it on?

• @rs2000 said:

@supadom said:

Thanks!

Oops, which version have you tried it on?

Latest beta.

• I've built it on the Appstore version for everybody to be able to enjoy it, just loaded in my beta and I see everything connected. Hmmmm.

• edited April 2020

@supadom when you tap on the greyed modules' headers, are they showing up as "Enabled"?

• You made that in drambo with the tools provided? 😳

• @rs2000 said:
    @supadom when you tap on the greyed modules' headers, are they showing up as "Enabled"?

Not near my iPad now but tried it on my 6s and it’s all ok. Even if greyed out Pro 10.5 sounded correctly. So maybe it’s just an issue with GUI.

• Working fine for me. I love it. Thank you so much.

• Excellent.

• @david_2017 said:
    You made that in drambo with the tools provided? 😳

Yes, no samples and the demo track is straight out of Drambo.
    There's quite a choice on offer, including fairly strong modules for physical modeling.

• @rs2000 said:

@david_2017 said:

There's quite a choice on offer, including fairly strong modules for physical modeling.

That is absolutely magnificent!!! Wow great job! I dont need Klevg Tines anymore.
    Thank you for sharing I would never come up with something similar! But unfortunately its not working on my drambo copy. I downloaded it, opened drambo, instrument - import, and tap nothing happens here!? Any idea what this could be?

• EDIT:... open in Drambo worked but why? these other instruments had to be imported within the app. Anyways, it worked. Thanks for sharing! Awesome sound!

@david_2017 said:

@rs2000 said:

@david_2017 said:

That is absolutely magnificent!!! Wow great job! I dont need Klevg Tines anymore.
    Thank you for sharing I would never come up with something similar! But unfortunately its not working on my drambo copy. I downloaded it, opened drambo, instrument - import, and tap nothing happens here!? Any idea what this could be?

• @david_2017 said:

@rs2000 said:

@david_2017 said:

Thank you very much! 🤗
    It's a full project, not just an instrument rack, so "Open in..." should work in any case.
    Please try that.

• @david_2017 said:
    EDIT:... open in Drambo worked but why? these other instruments had to be imported within the app. Anyways, it worked. Thanks for sharing! Awesome sound!

@david_2017 said:

@rs2000 said:

@david_2017 said:

Until the fixed Drambo version is on the Appstore, I prefer to save you guys the headaches and just upload the whole project.
    Once loaded, you can always save the instrument rack wherever you want.

• Sounds quite good, but doesn’t respond to sustain pedal?

• This is really impressive to me. Sounds great!

• @ion677 said:
    Sounds quite good, but doesn’t respond to sustain pedal?

Actually when I recorded the demo I found that out too.
    Thanks for reminding me, sounds like a Drambo feature request.