Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I cannot get Beatmaker 3 to export my tracks without audio glitches. Please help.

edited April 2020 in Support and Feedback

I am on a 2017 10.5 inch ipad pro. In the last few months, every time I export a track to a wav file, I get a final product with audio glitches.

They sound like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixzgspjs4xymowa/Grum Droove.wav?dl=0 skip to 1:40.

Inside of BM3, when I'm working on the song, the glitches do not exist. But as soon as I export them as a .wav to my dropbox, I can hear glitches that have been saved into the audio file.

I'm on 1024 latency exporting at 16-bit, there isn't much more "low quality, high peformance" things I can change. Has anyone else had this problem? Is my ipad getting too old? Do I need to bounce my AU's to audio tracks and delete the AU's to save CPU on the export? What gives?

Comments

• edited April 2020

Groovy! Was doing a little dance. I like it.

Back to topic, yup, BM3 exports in 'non-realtime' so certain plugins that rely on the host's tempo get fubared when exporting to audio.
    Workaround is to record those tracks to an Audio Track. May want to to try a slightly lower latency too.
    Which plugins are you using?

• Thanks! I'm only using a LinnDrum drum bank and one instance of Neo Soul Keys Studio 2.

From what I understand you're saying, it's not a cpu issue, but an AU issue? I don't have a problem bouncing MIDI to a audio track, but I don't like closing out of the AU instances because it makes it hard to back and do revisions.

• True, these workarounds are annoying.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Gospel Musicians' apps are 'RAM-heavy' apps, due to being sample-based. (?)

I use the same iPad (2017 Pro 10.5"), and have noticed that BM3 is more 'sensitive' to memory issues, eg, after watching YouTube videos, I need to reset memory &/ or before working in BM3, otherwise sample-heavy sessions are prone to corruption.

Maybe let Gospel Musicians know? I do recall reading that multiple instances of Ravenscroft piano or the Crudebyte sample-based apps are troublesome in most hosts.

• Yeah it makes sense that GM’s apps are as demanding as they are. At least they sound good.

Now that you point it out, problems tend to get worse throughout long sessions. I might start rebooting before I export. Thanks for your help :)

• edited December 2021

Old topic, but I have those export only crackles issues too. I think they’re midi timing related, they’re always on random bars first beats for me. Easiest workaround is to record output directly in AudioShare with BM3 as IAA input. Recording is real-time and perfect. Works also with Cubasis 3.

Be sure to set properly AudioShare settings

What I didn’t knew is that you can save AudioShare presets, very useful (tap on folder icon on recording view)

Use AUM instead AudioShare with Link of perfect loops are needed.

• Even more simple via internal recording, I missed that in post above.