Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom Piano Roll & StepBud start/stop Midi mapping in AUM - how?

edited October 2019 in Support and Feedback

Hi to all!

I want to use the Atom Piano Roll Sequencer in AUM. For me it is important to start the sequence of Atom with a Pad on my Akai MPK mini. But I am not able to map the Pads correct to the start function of Atom. I use on my Pads of the Akai the CC-Mode because in this case they are lighting up if they are activated. I maped one pad in AUM to the start function of Atom. But the plugin do not start when i hit the pad. What can I do?

Edit: With StepBud I have the same problem.

Comments

• Hope you find out. Iv always assumed you have to sequence everything either with xequence or just rely on volumes with no real cue,

• @Lycaan said:
    Hi to all!

I want to use the Atom Piano Roll Sequencer in AUM. For me it is important to start the sequence of Atom with a Pad on my Akai MPK mini. But I am not able to map the Pads correct to the start function of Atom. I use on my Pads of the Akai the CC-Mode because in this case they are lighting up if they are activated. I maped one pad in AUM to the start function of Atom. But the plugin do not start when i hit the pad. What can I do?

You have to wait for the developers to update the apps to respond to start/stop as this feature isn’t currently implemented by Atom.

• @Lycaan said:
    Hi to all!

Is AUM running when you try to start Atom or StepBud remotely?

• @espiegel123 said:

I was afraid to ask this. It is stopped on all screenshots.

• @MrBlaschke said:

@espiegel123 said:

Good eye.

@Lycaan : the host (AUM) may need to be running for AU sequencers inside it to Start/Stop. I can't remember if ATOM even responds to remote start. I vaguely recall that it might not.

• @espiegel123 said:

@MrBlaschke said:

@espiegel123 said:

Good eye.

@Lycaan : the host (AUM) may need to be running for AU sequencers inside it to Start/Stop. I can't remember if ATOM even responds to remote start. I vaguely recall that it might not.

Thank you all for your answers. Yes, sure my host is running when I try to start/stop atom with the midi controller. I know this is nessesery to start a AU sequence in AUM. Only in the screenshot AUM is not running...

• edited October 2019

You have to wait for the developers to update the apps to respond to start/stop as this feature isn’t currently implemented by Atom.

But it is availabe in the midi routing options for Atom in AUM...I think if its not implemented, AUM would not show the routing option for start/stop the AU. Anyway...I have this problem with StepBud too. So I think I do something wrong in my midi routing...

• edited October 2019

Atom does not support AUM start stop remotely.

I don’t think StepBud does either.

I’ve asked this question before and it doesn’t work.

The atom developer has stated he’s working on it though.

• @klownshed said:

Ok thank you. In this case I am stopping my endless trys 😉 Now the question is: Is there any sequncer Auv3 with remotely start/stop via a midi controller? With rozeta its possible. But for me only bassline is usable.

• @Lycaan said:
    Ok thank you. In this case I am stopping my endless trys 😉 Now the question is: Is there any sequncer Auv3 with remotely start/stop via a midi controller? With rozeta its possible. But for me only bassline is usable.

Beathawk AU responds to midi CC for transport.

CC#117 Stop
    CC#118 Start
    CC#119 Record

• @Lycaan said:

@klownshed said:

Pretty much all aspects of ModStep are midi controllable.

• edited April 2020

I wondered if there’s a chance we see any changes in the following :

1.Tempo factor multiplier won’t effect the recording.
    Atm facor effects only on playbacks tempo. it records with original bpm regardless of factor changed.

2.selectable midi channel out. It outs only on channel 1

1. More than 40 bars. And easier way to expand it