Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is it alll possible to automate AUFX in Nanostudio 2?

I recently got nanostudio 2, mainly because of a lot of what i read on these forums, a lot of people swear its the best daw on ios. I used cubasis and BeatMaker 3, and AUM of course, but Nanostudio 2 is on a totally different level, i cant really put into words, but everything just seems better and i find myself finishing more tracks using nanostudio 2 oddly. I have a few finished track i was going back and adding FX and i can. Not figure out how to automate the auv3 effects, is it all even possible?
Kind of sucks of it isn’t possible :!
Thanks.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited April 2020

Nope, not possible. Sorry. :|
    Someday, hopefully.

• edited April 2020

Every DAW on iOS has an Achilles heel. Unfortunately, you've just found the one in NS2.

You have to learn to love what you already have - which is still a wonderful and very capable tool for making music.

(psst. should we also tell him about audio tracks?)

• edited April 2020

@tk32 said:
    Every DAW on iOS has an Achilles heel. Unfortunately, you've just found the one in NS2.

And no capability of recording of MIDIfx output into sequencer without workaround, third most often mentioned missing feature..

Aaaand first one iiiiis....

..... :-))))))

As a workaround i would strongly suggest you to try bundled plugins, they are possible to automate (with one exception - EQ3B, but all filter modes are svailable in Filter plugin which is fully automateable).

In terms of sound quality they are comparable with top AU plugins (did some comparision test for example Algoverb vs. some top iOS reverbs and there was not significant difference, fun fact: in blind tests i made, some people even liked more NS Algoverb than FabFilter Pro-R :-)) same goes for filters, compressor, chorus, saturator/overdrive is just amazing, nice delays.. you should give it a try, maybe you found it renders obsolte 80% of plugins you used to use ... And they are brutally CPU efficient !

• tjatja
    edited April 2020

There are two main types of people that use nanostudio 2, @dendy

1)
    Those that want to create music and choose primarily nanostudio 2 to do this.
    They are as happy as you are.

2)
    And then there are those that are not fixed to nanostudio 2, but instead use a selection of hosts, to be used for different parts of there creation process.

Those may probably have their selection of AU plugins, FX, MIDI, Synths and Samplers, which they want to use.
    In whatever host they are currently using.

If a host does not allow them to use their plugins in the way they want, this simply makes the host less attractive or even useless to them.

Those people will probably never ever convert to type 1, IMHO.

• godgod
    edited April 2020

It's not coming soon, but it's on the list after audio tracks
    https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/10040/#Comment_10040

• WTKWTK
    edited April 2020

@dendy said:
    In terms of sound quality they are comparable with top AU plugins (did some comparision test for example Algoverb vs. some top iOS reverbs and there was not significant difference, fun fact: in blind tests i made, some people even liked more NS Algoverb than FabFilter Pro-R :-)) same goes for filters, compressor, chorus, saturator/overdrive is just amazing, nice delays.. you should give it a try, maybe you found it renders obsolte 80% of plugins you used to use ... And they are brutally CPU efficient !

Indeed. Some of the stock plugins are really good. IMHO Nanostudio 2 comes with the best compressor from all iOS daws (Cubasis, BM3, AEM) and it is at least en par with the PSP comp from Auria. It was the first compressor I felt at home since I stopped working on my PC. It just works for me. Only Fabfilters C2 (which comes with a hefty price tag) can sound better to my ears.

And the stock reverb (at least the one within the synth) has this beautiful Plate 2 algorithm which really kicks ass on a lot of material.

• edited April 2020

While it isn’t ‘automation’ you can control some AU fx in NS2 by sending midi notes. Turnado lets you adjust the mix levels of the eight main fx dials with note velocity and Looperator lets you switch seamlessly between patches on the fly.

• @AudioGus said:
    While it isn’t ‘automation’ you can control some AU fx in NS2 by sending midi notes. Turnado lets you adjust the mix levels of the eight main fx dials with note velocity and Looperator lets you switch seamlessly between patches on the fly.

Is there some sort of video or guide to routing this up? Would be a good enough workaround. I’m thinking you could also switch patterns in Effectrix too then...

• @iammane said:

@AudioGus said:

Is there some sort of video or guide to routing this up? Would be a good enough workaround. I’m thinking you could also switch patterns in Effectrix too then...

Oh yah, right, I forgot about Effectrix! I haven’t used NS2 much since it went AU but yah It should work for pattern switching.

I may be able to do up a little video later.

• @tk32 said:
    you've just found the one in NS2.

This made me chuckle, one, love your optimism.

• Bleass MotionFX I’ve found handy for modulation. I kinda like being forced to use NS2’s BusFX mods & SlateFX keeps it simple for me & have to think about creative alternatives 😊

• @dendy said:

@tk32 said:

And no capability of recording of MIDIfx output into sequencer without workaround, third most often mentioned missing feature..

Aaaand first one iiiiis....

..... :-))))))

As a workaround i would strongly suggest you to try bundled plugins, they are possible to automate (with one exception - EQ3B, but all filter modes are svailable in Filter plugin which is fully automateable).

I often find myself dumping 3rd party plugins from my NS2 projects because the in-app fx are overall better.

• @anickt said:

I often find myself dumping 3rd party plugins from my NS2 projects because the in-app fx are overall better.

Yeah, I find routing a dry channel to 3 other channels and doing a lot of automation on different effects chains, mutes, etc gives me a lot of creativity. I just love the built in effects.

• edited January 2023

@anickt said:

i especially love delay (somehow it's controls clicked with by brain better tha any other available auv3 delay) and distortion/ovedrive module, especially with 8x oversampling mode it sounds amazing.. build in FX are really underappreciated by people, probably because UI looks "generic" :)