Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

S4 Industrial Composer is on the bus!

edited March 2014 in General App Discussion

Comments

• wow Simon.. You are on top of things. You should start an iOS music app website or blog or something.. I'd follow that. :-)

• edited March 2014

• Still, just based the on stuff you have posted and how hard you try to get all devs aware of AB, like in your "who is waiting at the bus stop" thread. It would make a good website or blog. Not saying to stop posting here! Just it'd be cool if it was all in one place to look at.. :-)

• edited March 2014

• It could happen today if you were so inclined. Plenty of places to get free sites or blogs.. Wordpress and tumblr to name a couple. I can see it now.. "The Audiobus Aussie" .. or "Aussiebus"... lol! :-)

• edited March 2014

• I agree with Ryan it's so easy for anyone to get a blog or site going in a day or two and tons of free templates/themes available for free too so if you don't have any graphic design skills. Wordpress really is the way to go two sites can have the same theme but look completely different because of the customization available through plugins and such.

I also agree that it shouldn't just be about Audiobus it should be iOS music or something like that. I'd stay somewhat targeted in a smaller niche than just going broad and covering everything music.

Just thought I'd share and thanks for all the work you do with announcing and finding out who's coming soon!

• Well I think it would be better as an AUdiobus only site.. #1 reason for that is that there isn't iOS music outside of audiobus anymore. lol So you aren't limited. It's either already on the bus, or it's not and therefor the only reason to talk about it is to discuss "when's it gunna be on the bus" #2 there are tons of iOS musician sites and blogs but I don't think there is one that deals with audiobus specifically.

• edited April 2013

What Ryan said

• I see your point to an extent, I wouldn't say there are tons (Discchord, Synthtopia, Palm Sounds, and KVR) and most of those are music in general, not iOS specific. There is still stuff outside of AB, MIDI hardware, upcoming apps and updates, comparisons of apps so people who can't buy them all can assess their features and decide, tutorials on apps/features/MIDI, and etc. While I agree most apps are less useful without AB, I think NanoStudio has proven it can still remain useful and popular without AB (though we can agree it would be awesome on the bus).

• Jerks! Lol I did forget iosmusician and iosmusicandyou but the others I didn't know about

• edited April 2013

[delete]

• Yeah I just figure with this kind of thing you have two options if you want people to listen to you. You can do what everyone else does but better... or do something no one is doing. Both are difficult things to pull off but in this case the second options is set out for you. I wish I had the time to do this myself but i just don't.

• edited March 2014

• @Ryan totally agree with you that both are hard to acheive.... untapped niches are nearly impossible to find anymore and for each good site there are 20 terrible cut-n-paste sites