Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Request sound recreated in Drambo

It seems that many feel intimidated by Drambo.
If there is a sound you'd like to see on patchstorage or need help to achieve a specific sound... fire away!
I'm sure more experienced users will be happy to help :)

Edit:
Provide YouTube links or audio examples where possible to help to identify the sound/character you're after!

Comments

• Harmonium

• i’d like to see some non sample based rich soundscapes / pads . i have been having making stuff in drambo but haven’t been able to nail down any great evolving soundscapes... been using mirack to do that

• @reasOne said:
    i’d like to see some non sample based rich soundscapes / pads . i have been having making stuff in drambo but haven’t been able to nail down any great evolving soundscapes... been using mirack to do that

Have you uploaded your miRack pad creations on patchstorage?
    If you have links, I can see what I can do in D 😊

• @Clueless said:
    Harmonium

Got a few sound examples maybe?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2020

@Clueless said:
    Harmonium

Try https://patchstorage.com/harmonium/

Loosely modeled after this one in 4k 😁:

• @rs2000 said:

@Clueless said:
    Harmonium

Try https://patchstorage.com/harmonium/

Loosely modeled after this one in 4k 😁:

Nice! :)

• The closest i came in terms of harmonium in a modular (or maybe more harmonium and accordion hybrid thing).
    It does not have to be like the real thing but at least that kind of organic timbre.
    So far i failed in Drambo but i will try further. I could post a picture of the cable connections but it might be a bit bad to see what is going on.
    An example:

• @Clueless have you tried the version on patchstorage?

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    If there is a sound you'd like to see on patchstorage or need help to achieve a specific sound... fire away!
    I'm sure experienced users like @rs2000, @bcrichards and many others will be happy to help :)

Good of you to offer their services...

• edited April 2020

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    I'm sure experienced users like @rs2000, @bcrichards and many others will be happy to help :)

I wondered about this "offer" too, like I had nothing better to do than create patches on user request (although I sometimes enjoy taking the challenge to learn something new) 😅

• @rs2000 said:
    @Clueless have you tried the version on patchstorage?

Yes. Really nice but still a bit far away from an organic timbre i would want.
    But i gone a totally different way. Again more a happy accident maybe.
    F.e. i mixed 4 waveforms, a sine, a sawtooth and 2 rectangular (with different PW settings). Same pitch all. Mixed them and then goes to a LP ladder filter. No resonance. Amp and filter envelopes have different settings as well. Then it uses some tube saturation (polyphonic) before the output.
    I might try it but now i have only my iPhone with a broken display to create patches. I sold my iPad since i wanted to buy one of the new but still undecided. I actually really like Drambo on a phone. Its kind of amazing to have such tools in my pocket :D

• Vox FX as another challenge.
    A thing i stumbled over when using high resonance and try to form a more human sounding vibrato with LFOs and then add some saturation to ad harmonics. Sound source is just a simple sawtooth waveform.
    It works just across 2 octaves at best but i liked the result.

• edited April 2020

Otherwise Saxophones like sounds and fluttering brass, organic noisy flutes and guitar sounds.
    Zeeon seems a bit better here but i will try further, i just began to explore Drambo and while it seems easy i´m maybe so used to the cable thing and must think different :)
    I wonder are the OSC in Drambo free running?

• @rs2000 said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

I wondered about this "offer" too, like I had nothing better to do than create patches on user request (although I sometimes enjoy taking the challenge to learn something new) 😅

Edited...

• @rs2000 said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

So let me thank you at this point for all your work, tips and friendly help. Music is a nice language.

• So a last one then i stop it and try myself the best. But please patience since i now do it all on my phone :)
    A saxophone like tone (of course not quite real) with a nice out of control fluttering timbre. I got close to this with Zeeon and hope i can do it with Drambo. But i learned that sometimes slightly different settings makes the difference, especially if you use high resonance and saturation. A bit less and it sounds flat and too synthetic a bit too much and it just screams and hurts.
    It is often the attack which make the biggest impact. So i might try to use the graphic shaper if the ADSR will not fit.

• Need that Sax, @Clueless.

• @reasOne i don’t know if this is what you had in mind but there’s two examples of how you can have things change slowly over time. Just hold down some chords for awhile.
    https://patchstorage.com/evolving-glides/
    https://patchstorage.com/evolving-feedback/

• @Clueless said:
    Vox FX as another challenge.
    A thing i stumbled over when using high resonance and try to form a more human sounding vibrato with LFOs and then add some saturation to ad harmonics. Sound source is just a simple sawtooth waveform.
    It works just across 2 octaves at best but i liked the result.

This is lovely. I would suggest a little bit of portamento between notes, as singers rarely hit a note spot on. Either that or a bit of 2nd slow pitch lfo which quickly clamps to zero amount to bring the note into tune slightly after the initial attack.

• @Clueless yes the oscillators are free running, unless you link the gate input to something.

• @Clueless please share these patches!

• The bassline from Joey Beltram - Energy Flash.

• An easy one (but I won’t be able to do that myself)

“Drambo is a dancer...”

• @bcrichards said:
    @Clueless please share these patches!

Ah, sorry. Maybe i misunderstood this thread. This are just demos of sounds i created with other hardware or software modulars and i hoped other could try something with Drambo since the thread was about for Drambo experts to recreating such patches. Of course i will try to do but it is not so easy as i thought and i´m far from a Drambo expert and my patience is too short often. I have yet to learn how to connect things and not loose what i did after 20 minutes.
    Maybe i am not great at programming Drambo but at least all those modular patches help me also to understand Drambo better and i always like to create similar patches in different synths to see where their are good and where they are missing something or even offer a better/faster way to create this sound.
    I am not a fan of too complex patches. So sometimes an OSC an envelope and one filter is enough.

• @Clueless nah you’re good, could you share your process though? Or if you can share those patches for Zeeon/whatever they were made in, maybe someone can reverse engineer. Great work!

• edited April 2020

I want to see an exciter FX (like the one in tonebooster). Does any of you drambo masters would like to have a go?

• edited April 2020

@Clueless & @bcrichards That's the point!
    No matter what modular system, existing patches can be a great help to build new ones in Drambo.

@Vlad11 Try for yourself!
    A few hints:

• Artificial overtones are often generated by some kind of waveshaping.
    • Try using the Shaper with "Sat 1", high-pass filter (12dB) its output and mix it with the original signal. Carefully tune the HP cutoff until it sounds good.
    • Make sure your levels fed into the shaper stay halfway consistent so the exciter effect will not depend too much on input level

Good luck!

• @rs2000 said:
    @Clueless & @bcrichards That's the point!
    No matter what modular system, existing patches can be a great help to build new ones in Drambo.

@Vlad11 Try for yourself!
    A few hints:

• Artificial overtones are often generated by some kind of waveshaping.
    • Try using the Shaper with "Sat 1", high-pass filter (12dB) its output and mix it with the original signal. Carefully tune the HP cutoff until it sounds good.
    • Make sure your levels fed into the shaper stay halfway consistent so the exciter effect will not depend too much on input level

Good luck!

Yeah it worked more or less in a clunky way so to speak :D

I made two tracks to separate the original with the altered one. It worked fine but I need to think on an instrument rack that can do the same in a cleaner way. So far so good the "layer" blocks seems to affect both signal (clean and effected) at the same time or I guess I don't know how to separate them at the moment. Working on that. See what I come with.