Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone have a Korg Nu:tekt NTS-1 yet?

Comments

• Nope pre-ordered a long time ago. Still as elusive as a Drambo.

• edited February 2020

@brambos said:
    Nope pre-ordered a long time ago. Still as elusive as a Drambo.

Let us know when, then, and you get it assembled. It seems intriguing.

• Got one last week along with a raspberry pi 4. Easy assembly but haven’t had time to play with it yet. Work keeps getting in the way.

• Not yet, but I'll get one when they are available...

The effects in it will be a very nice companion to the Arturia MicroFreak and there's already plenty of interesting user-oscillators ready for download :)

• edited February 2020

@u0421793 @brambos : I ordered mine last year. I notice that Amazon UK are showing it shipping Feb 21st, so here’s hoping it arrives around then. (And I bet we’ll still be waiting for Drambo by then! :) ). I pre ordered after seeing Loopop doing one of his reliably excellent reviews on it:

Especially excited to see that you can load 3rd party oscillators filters and effects. And they are already offering a hackable box version for the hardware mod squad.

• What’s all this mention of ‘drambo’? Never heard of such a thing.

• @u0421793 said:
    What’s all this mention of ‘drambo’? Never heard of such a thing.

Me neither but I wouldn't mind if the enlightened used their superpowers to look into the future.

• I actually want to try my hand at making some custom oscillators, filters and effects for it to see what I can pull out of that little machine.

It looks like they've been handing them out to every Youtuber in the world, but my pre-order keeps being pushed back.

Maybe the US is getting priority?

• Umm...
    This product is already sold in Japan.
    When I place an order on Amazon Japan, I will get it the next day.
    I won't buy that this time. o:)

• @brambos said:
    I actually want to try my hand at making some custom oscillators, filters and effects for it to see what I can pull out of that little machine.

It looks like they've been handing them out to every Youtuber in the world, but my pre-order keeps being pushed back.

Same with the Wavestate. First delivery date announced in the second week of February, now delayed until end of May.

• I got mine last week (in US) via pre-order from back in September. Been loading it up with osc, FX, mods. On-board speaker is really bad, but it's great with an external speaker. Surprisingly good sounding. Since there is no preset saving, every time you boot it, you are starting from scratch.

You can have midi/power over USB when connected to an iPad with Apple USB3 connector, which is great. But you need to connect lightning port to a power source or USB power bank.

I need to spend more time with it, but fun so far.

• Nice sound but step-through menu hell, no saving :#

• @brambos said:
    I actually want to try my hand at making some custom oscillators, filters and effects for it to see what I can pull out of that little machine.

Seems to be available @ musikstore.de (or .com or whatever🙄)
    https://www.musicstore.com/nl_BE/EUR/Korg-NTS-1/art-SYN0007210-000

Of course I didn't actually ordered it, so who knows?

• I’m quite interested in the VPM potential.

• I really want one of these so that I can load up Sinevibes Dipole and have an ultra-portable thru-zero flanger.

They’re in stock here in Australia, but i don’t think there’s a way to load third party effects or oscillators without a regular computer. I won’t have access to one of those until I’m back home in May. So I’ll wait, and hope they’re available in Canada by the time I’m back.

• I preordered one as soon as they were announced (first time ever doing that). It arrived last week but I have had zero free time to assemble and try it out since then... :-(

Hopefully next weekend!

• @jrjulius said:
    I really want one of these so that I can load up Sinevibes Dipole and have an ultra-portable thru-zero flanger.

FYI: AD QuatroMod has one too.

• Guess what I’m saving for the weekend (if I get time)

I’ve done an unboxing video

• Building the synth is a very enjoyable little activity.

Don’t forget to try the Ruismaker plugin

http://ruismaker.com/korg

:)

• I will try it

• @u0421793 said:
    Guess what I’m saving for the weekend (if I get time)

Excellent! Would’ve expected you to wear gloves though 🧤

• edited April 2020

@R_2 said:

@u0421793 said:
    Guess what I’m saving for the weekend (if I get time)

Excellent! Would’ve expected you to wear gloves though 🧤

I actually washed the packaging in soapy water, then undid the packaging after it dried in the sun for a bit on both sides, then cut the bubble wrap using gloves and scissors, then washed that cardboard box (not soaking, just lightly) in soapy water, and then left it most of the day to dry.

Got it from music-matter on eBay and it turned up the day after I ordered it, so that’s good. (eBay item number 114137035787 if anyone wants to search and get one yourself if they’re still in stock at this price)

• @brambos said:
    Building the synth is a very enjoyable little activity.

That is wicked and makes me want to get one too!

• @kinkujin said:

@brambos said:
    Building the synth is a very enjoyable little activity.

That is wicked and makes me want to get one too!

There are more efficient drum machines out there, but it was a fun experiment to turn the NTS1 into one.

And it was my excuse to justify buying one... :D

• Will you be doing more of this stuff?

• Just out of interest, would anybody know offhand (ie lazily without my having to investigate myself) how I could use the NTS-1 as a midi gated effect unit for a guitar, so as to get the sort of gated chopped-up sound you hear in this track (or many of The Shamen’s stuff, a few decades later)

• I just installed and used the standalone and made some patches. The good, editing on the screen and save/load in sysex format. The bad, midi problem? Almost like a stuck note, latch, hold. Might be the arp, I will get to the bottom of this.

• Without my having to actually do the hard work and research it, does anyone here off the top of their head happen to know if the NTS-1 has a digital output somewhere on the circuit board? Maybe SP/DIF or something useful like that? Come to that, does anyone know if there’s an actual circuit diagram available?