Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic Pro os as an app for iPad Pro

Would it be cool if apple the developers of Logic Pro x created Logic Pro os For the iPad Pro ? You know how exiting and awesome that would be ?( : and it is considered a pro app

Comments

• It would be very cool, indeed.

• So instead of iOS a LogicOS? Interesting. You can try and pitch that to Apple. I wouldn’t be against it.
    A Logic for iOS that closes the gap between GarageBand for iOS and Logic Pro X on the Mac would be enough for me though.

• Imo Apple could easily make Logic Pro for IPad, I mean, they could probably make Logic Remote into it ( maybe, I don’t know crap about making apps lol ) or FCP for IPad, but I don’t think they will. They’re already making a cut from all the developers that are making Daw for IPads/IPhones and might cause developers to not want to compete against an IPad version of Logic Pro. As far as I know they don’t get a cut of non Apple desktop Daws, IDK ?
    I really don’t know why Apple doesn’t have ANY pro level apps for their own platform, but can you imagine how much money they are making from whatever cut they are getting from all the apps other people are developing for their platform?

Also, what would they charge for it if they did and would people pay? Say if they charged half of what the desktop version cost, and charged $100? I know I sure would but I know a lot of people think that might be way too much. But I’m also kinda of an appaholic 😂

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2020

I think Logic Pro has a lot of hidden depth especially on the midi side routing etc that would be challenging to bring across to iPad. It is my favorite DAW on my MBP not sure it’s suited to touch though.

• Logic OS would actually be pretty amazing- a standalone box that ran only logic would find a lot of pro use. It would be kind of like RADAR was, or the hatd disk recorders like the alesis, mackie, and tascam. Just like a hardware keyboard that is mainly digital running a computer underneath, there’s a value to something that devotes all of its resources to only one purpose.

Probably wouldn’t happen, but it’s a cool idea. Even though Logic os was probably a typo, it is a cool idea and I’d definitely be interested.

• @mrufino1 said:
    Logic OS would actually be pretty amazing- a standalone box that ran only logic would find a lot of pro use. It would be kind of like RADAR was, or the hatd disk recorders like the alesis, mackie, and tascam. Just like a hardware keyboard that is mainly digital running a computer underneath, there’s a value to something that devotes all of its resources to only one purpose.

Probably wouldn’t happen, but it’s a cool idea. Even though Logic os was probably a typo, it is a cool idea and I’d definitely be interested.

Yeah also think it was a typo. Sometimes the best ideas come out of typos I guess.
    At least it’s nice to imagine stuff like that. I’d love to boot a LogicOS also on the Mac to get rid of all distraction and to use the full computing power for Logic only. No more unwanted tasks in the background.

Oh well... one day when Apple is bankrupt and gone some indie dev will put together a vintage LogicOS for old sentimental millennials 😄

• I'm sure it wouldn't have complete parity with the desktop version, but something much more full featured ala Auria from Apple would be a hugely welcome addition. Especially since they market iPads as "Pro" devices now. In a lot of ways I still find GarageBand the best DAW on iOS despite its limitations.

• edited April 2020

@Jumpercollins said:
    I think Logic Pro has a lot of hidden depth especially on the midi side routing etc that would be challenging to bring across to iPad. It is my favorite DAW on my MBP not sure it’s suited to touch though.

Agreed. It's way too deep. I mean, it might be usable with a keyboard and a mouse but might as well use a computer at that point.

I think I'd prefer to see them make something like "DenBand - it's a little nicer than playing in the garage." Garageband with a few upgrades like a basic mixer with a few sends, slightly more robust audio and MIDI editing, etc. Never gonna happen. Glad we have decent alternatives on iOS.