Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Nembrini Audio NEW Cali Reverb Modern High Gain Amplifier (desktop)

Hi everybody,
I hope you're fine.
This is our brand new plugin for desktop (soon on iOS too...)
Cheers,
Andrea

INTRO PRICE JUST $29 UNTIL APRIL 30 (REGULAR $137)
https://www.nembriniaudio.com/products/cali-reverb-guitar-amplifier

The Cali Reverb Modern High Gain Amplifier plugin is the best emulation of another rock icon guitar amplifier that has defined the tone of heavy music for the last 25 years!

Nembrini Audio has carefully modeled the incredible tone and versatility of this American beauty hand-built amplifier to make this iconic sound ready to use in the digital world.

Two completely independent channels with separate controls for gain, tone, presence, reverb and master.

Channel 1 with 2 modes: Clean for tight and sparkling clear tones and Pushed for spicy mid-gain flavour.
Channel 2 with classics recto modes: Raw for crunch and blues tones, Vintage for liquid and warmth high-gain sounds and Modern for heaviest and super aggressive sounds.

CABINETS
With Cali Reverb Modern High Gain is possible select between six different famous guitars cab, four mic emulations with on/off axis position switch, continuous position and distance knobs.

A complete Mixer section with Solos, Mutes, Pans and Faders allow you to blend together the two microphones with the ambience microphones.

IMPULSES RESPONSE LOADER
Impulse Loader let you load up to three 3rd-parties impulse responses, you can blend them together using volume, pan, phase, solo and mute controls.

A convenient browser window has been added so you can easily search through all your third parts IR files.

CLEANER / NOISE GATE
Noise Gate section plus a Cleaner circuit to reduce rambling and harsh is included

In the Cali Reverb Modern High Gain there is a selected set of cabinets impulses created by www.choptones.com and www.seacowcabs.com

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
An Intel Pentium 4 compatible CPU
1GB RAM
Mac OS 10.9 or newer (Mac users)
Windows 7 or newer (PC users)
A display resolution of 1280x1024 pixels or more
A VST2, VST3, AAX or AudioUnits compatible host

Comments

• Next level, we have so much choice now on iOS. Thanks for bringing it.

• NEMBRINI FTW!!! They are killing it!

Owning the iOS guitar game!!! :)

• @And_Nembrini Looking forward to the iOS version.

Any chance of a 5150 model in the future?

• @ecou said:
    @And_Nembrini Looking forward to the iOS version.

Yep, it's the next one in our list. Both desktop and iOS. Soon.
    Cheers,
    Andrea

• edited April 2020

I've only had time to run through some of the presets (Logic/Mac/Telecaster) and there's no doubt it will be an incredibly useful amp. I love all three "big" Nembrini amps but it'd be great to see something smaller in the Fender camp. Princeton? Deluxe?

• Fender amp, please!!!! @And_Nembrini

And please add IR loader to current iOS amps.

With that said, I bought the Marshall simulation and I am surprisingly very pleased with the clean channel – – though I use it as a slightly distorted sound without a pedal

These apps are remarkably stable and CPU efficient. There is no doubt that you are the current king of iOS amp modeling

• edited April 2020

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

• @Schmotown said:
    it'd be great to see something smaller in the Fender camp. Princeton? Deluxe?

@audiobussy said:
    Fender amp, please!!!

🤭👀

• @And_Nembrini said:

@ecou said:
    @And_Nembrini Looking forward to the iOS version.

Yep, it's the next one in our list. Both desktop and iOS. Soon.
    Cheers,
    Andrea

I will be looking forward to that one too.

• @NembriniAudio , like other desktop devs Audio Damage, Toneboosters @DJB, etc and iOS exclusive @BramBos , etc. has earned the respect of our community and engendered a great deal of brand loyalty ever since their debut on iOS.

Nembrini gets it: build great sounding, easy to use apps and sell them at affordable price points. Once the iOS music production community gets hep to developers like that they’re fans for life, I know I am.

Really looking forward to playing through this bad boy...

• Fantastic job @NembriniAudio
    Thanks for your attention to the iOS musicians. Look forward to get the Eddie Kramer’s effects.
    +1 for a low gain amp release. 👍

• Their apps sound fantastic!
    It is a shame for the auv3 bug.
    Nobody seems to want to react....

• @flo26 said:
    Their apps sound fantastic!

I must have very poor ears because I have no problems with the Nembrini's AUv3, though.

• @Faland said:

@flo26 said:
    Their apps sound fantastic!

I must have very poor ears because I have no problems with the Nembrini's AUv3, though.

How obvious the problem is depends on a few factors: buffer size, sample rate, and gain/volume settings. In another thread, I provided instructions so that you can replicate the problem without an input signal.

Short version: create a channel with MHR810 AU as the effect and nothing in the input node for the channel. Set the amp to lead channel and set all volume and gain to max. You will hear/see that a low level signal of constant pitch is present. Try all buffer settings from 64 to 1024 at both 44.1k and 48k sample rates. The pitch and loudness differ with each setting.

If you do the same with the IAA version, the output is completely silent.

It is less prominent in the Clean channel.

@NembriniAudio : if you can’t reproduce this, send me a private message and I will make a video.

• thanks @espiegel123 , but if to notice a bug I have to do something that I would never do (volume and gain to max, for example) it is as if the bug was not there. But I speak for myself, obviously...

• @Faland said:
    thanks @espiegel123 , but if to notice a bug I have to do something that I would never do (volume and gain to max, for example) it is as if the bug was not there. But I speak for myself, obviously...

If you never run into it, great. But, just to be clear, the instructions are just a way to hear it very distinctly; in general use, on high gain settings, how obvious it is will depend on your buffers and what key you are playing in -- since the pitch is constant. In Flo's example audio, it is quite audible but someone might mistake it for hum or a wrong note ringing quietly. In some uses cases, it isn't very noticeable, but in some it is. Seems like something fixable since the standalone doesn't do it at all.

• Which of Nembrini’s iPad OS amplifier models will get me close to the sound and feel of a Dumble Overdrive Special - the Larry Carlton/Robben Ford type of tone?

• @DSCB57 said:
    Which of Nembrini’s iPad OS amplifier models will get me close to the sound and feel of a Dumble Overdrive Special - the Larry Carlton/Robben Ford type of tone?

Hmmm... out of the 3 amps they have out now (more to come), I think this Cali Reverb would be the one to try.. seems to have the most versatility to me.. All the Nembrini amps feel good..

Channel 1 with 2 modes: Clean for tight and sparkling clear tones and Pushed for spicy mid-gain flavour.
    Channel 2 with classics recto modes: Raw for crunch and blues tones, Vintage for liquid and warmth high-gain sounds and Modern for heaviest and super aggressive sounds.

Can’t speak for the BST100 (Soldano).. it’s the only one I don’t have yet.. not sure if I even need it.. Ha! Who am I kidding? It’ll be in my collection eventually..

The Boss pedal would be a fantastic addition to this.. and would give you many tone options..

Here’s a great article on Robben’s Dumbles.. yes.. he owns more than 1..
    https://www.musicradar.com/news/under-the-microscope-dumble-overdrive-special

I know @flo26 did a Robben Ford style demo using a Fender Custom Pro amp sim.. check it out if you haven’t already.. perhaps he’ll pop in here to comment..
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37568/amplitube-s-fender-pack-ala-robben-ford

• @royor said:

@DSCB57 said:
    Which of Nembrini’s iPad OS amplifier models will get me close to the sound and feel of a Dumble Overdrive Special - the Larry Carlton/Robben Ford type of tone?

Hmmm... out of the 3 amps they have out now (more to come), I think this Cali Reverb would be the one to try.. seems to have the most versatility to me.. All the Nembrini amps feel good..

Can’t speak for the BST100 (Soldano).. it’s the only one I don’t have yet.. not sure if I even need it.. Ha! Who am I kidding? It’ll be in my collection eventually..

The Boss pedal would be a fantastic addition to this.. and would give you many tone options..

Here’s a great article on Robben’s Dumbles.. yes.. he owns more than 1..
    https://www.musicradar.com/news/under-the-microscope-dumble-overdrive-special

I know @flo26 did a Robben Ford style demo using a Fender Custom Pro amp sim.. check it out if you haven’t already.. perhaps he’ll pop in here to comment..
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37568/amplitube-s-fender-pack-ala-robben-ford

Sorry for the rather belated acknowledgement of your reply - I only just saw the notification, and I never seem to receive email notifications of posts I am following....I am still on the wall trying to decide whether to go down yet another rabbit hole after PG's latest exploits with Bias FX2 mobile. What is making me hesitate is the fact that Nembrini don't seem to want to provide a Plugin Rig Host for iOS so that their amps can be combined with their FX in a single rack, and entire rigs can be stored. Using Nembrini's apps via AB3 seems like a cludge to me, and certainly wouldn't work in a live situation.

• @DSCB57 said:
    What is making me hesitate is the fact that Nembrini don't seem to want to provide a Plugin Rig Host for iOS so that their amps can be combined with their FX in a single rack, and entire rigs can be stored. Using Nembrini's apps via AB3 seems like a cludge to me, and certainly wouldn't work in a live situation.

There are so many Amp Sims that use the customized rack approach. Nembrini is the only
    one to allow you to use the best FX IOS can offer. It's their value prop. It also saves them the developer effort of learn all the small details of IOS development that are needed to
    make a hosting app when there are a dozen great hosting apps.

Check out AUM and build some projects... there are lots of MIDI options for live work.
    AUM project can load pretty damn fast... I wonder if 4 MIDI pedal buttons can easily be tied to 4 AUM projects. A problem that has probably ben solved, I suspect.

Bur Nembirini could also just give you what you want... a Rig designed with IAP's for the amps, FX, speakers with foot pedal integrations. Like all those other apps that don't have AUv3.

• @DSCB57 said:
    Sorry for the rather belated acknowledgement of your reply - I only just saw the notification, and I never seem to receive email notifications of posts I am following....I am still on the wall trying to decide whether to go down yet another rabbit hole after PG's latest exploits with Bias FX2 mobile. What is making me hesitate is the fact that Nembrini don't seem to want to provide a Plugin Rig Host for iOS so that their amps can be combined with their FX in a single rack, and entire rigs can be stored. Using Nembrini's apps via AB3 seems like a cludge to me, and certainly wouldn't work in a live situation.

Is this the Plugin Rig Host that you speak of?

https://www.nembriniaudio.com/products/plugin-rig-host

That would tie in nicely with all things Nembrini.. Now I could be completely off my rocker BUT I’m sure somewhere on this forum it was mentioned that they indeed would bring this to iOS.. perhaps I’m dreaming.. shall we attempt to conjure up an answer? @NembriniAudio @And_Nembrini ??

• @royor said:

@DSCB57 said:

That would tie in nicely with all things Nembrini.. Now I could be completely off my rocker BUT I’m sure somewhere on this forum it was mentioned that they indeed would bring this to iOS.. perhaps I’m dreaming.. shall we attempt to conjure up an answer? @NembriniAudio @And_Nembrini ??

i’ve beta tested this 2or3 months ago....
    No news since then...

• @royor said:

@DSCB57 said:

Yep, we are at work with Rig iOS implementation.

We want to be sure there’s no bugs, so we are double checking every single bit of code, as we really want to support as many iOS version as possible, since not everybody can afford new devices, or update their system because of lost of compatibility with some of their beloved apps.

That required more time to be done, but it’s necessary.
    Cheers,
    Andrea

• @flo26 said:

@royor said:

@DSCB57 said:

i’ve beta tested this 2or3 months ago....
    No news since then...

Aha! So it does exist..
    @flo26 Do you think this would be beneficial for guitarists on iOS? Seems like a good idea.. I imagine a proper midi or Bluetooth foot pedal would be ideal with this.. guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens.. thanks for that info though..

• Which of the iOS amp sims are best suited for this tone? (Mason Rack is an amazing player/performer)

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    Which of the iOS amp sims are best suited for this tone? (Mason Rack is an amazing player/performer)

I don't know amps but I'm learning... I'd put the Nembrini MHR810 (Marshall) up for consideration for this bright but still acoustic tone. It has a great bottom and mids and the highs do not sound fizzy. They sound clean which should help get something like he sounds with the right guitar and pickups.

Hopefully someone can help clarify the differences to the BST100 which I find a bit muffled
    but some may prefer it's qualities since i tend to use Fenders and many start with mid rich
    Les Pauls or similar higher powered pickup systems that have a solid mid-range. For club work the Les Paul really cut through and the Les Paul/Marshall pairing is magical.

I'm assuming a bright almost acoustic guitar in this case so the Cali Reverb might actually
    work out. It's my favorite for the Telecaster. I have an Ibanez that's helping me get the other amps because the pickups are a lot hotter and have more mid range tone: sustain for days.

• edited June 2020

@And_Nembrini said:

@royor said:

@DSCB57 said:

We want to be sure there’s no bugs, so we are double checking every single bit of code, as we really want to support as many iOS version as possible, since not everybody can afford new devices, or update their system because of lost of compatibility with some of their beloved apps.

Cheers,
    Andrea

Thank you for the reply.. Now I can see how this could become an essential addition for anyone that has a few of the Nembrini apps.. it’ll definitely make life easier when you’ve finally found that perfect combo of amp + fx and want to recall it quickly.. I’m sure I’ll be all over it when it’s finally released..
    @DSCB57 here is the answer you were looking for..

• Thanks for the recommendations @McD .
    I have all the Nembrini plugs so I just need “that” guitar and relearn my chops from the 70’ 😅

• @royor said:

@And_Nembrini said:

@royor said:

@DSCB57 said:

Cheers,
    Andrea

Thank you for the reply.. Now I can see how this could become an essential addition for anyone that has a few of the Nembrini apps.. it’ll definitely make life easier when you’ve finally found that perfect combo of amp + fx and want to recall it quickly.. I’m sure I’ll be all over it when it’s finally released..
    @DSCB57 here is the answer you were looking for..

Thank you, and thank you Andrea, yes, this is excellent news, but once again I only just happened upon these replies to my question, since as usual I received no notification. I don't suppose you are able to provide some idea of the price you intend charging for the iOS version?

• I'm not directly involved in pricing issues, but I can argue that it will rank in the same price range as the Analog Rack apps. But it's my speculation.