Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there an AUv3 that allows you to set up ‘one button chords’ ?

Like programming a chord and then letting you play with one key?

Comments

• Do you have Mozaic? Many chord centric scripts for download from PatchStorage.com/mozaic... @Wim has the Chordulator as most downloaded #1.
    Very solid.

• @McD said:
    Do you have Mozaic? Many chord centric scripts for download from PatchStorage.com/mozaic... @Wim has the Chordulator as most downloaded #1.
    Very solid.

Ah i didn’t even think of Mozaic. I do have it. Off to download the Chordulator. Thanks McD

• Tonality has MIDI learn and it should still be on sale.

• edited April 2020

I know you're asking for it to be programmable, but maybe KB-1's chord layout could be enough for your needs

• If you want to mix some music education with single-key-chord-triggering I would suggest looking at Tonality

https://www.tonality-app.com

It has the Chord Pad AU extension for the task at hand, but a lot of other goodies as well.

• I use ChordPolyPad for this.

• @NoiseFloored said:
    I know you're asking for it to be programmable, but maybe KB-1's chord layout could be enough for your needs

This

• @david_2017 said:

@NoiseFloored said:

This

Yes it works for me. I had forgotten it was part of one of my app culls last winter...forgot it existed.

• I guess Suggester..

• @royor said:
    +1 Tonality

The interface looks a little busy for my taste judging by the AppStore screenshots. I kind of just want a simple one key chord and no fluff. Tonality certainly looks cool and well-supported so maybe another time...

• @Bill_Brasky said:

Not exactly the angle you're pursuing, but if it's single finger chords you're wanting then Quantichord runs as a midi processor in AUM ... very simple and obvious but it does all sorts of things ... especially hooked up to something like Polythemus driving 8 synths... buckets of fun.

• @Bill_Brasky Here’s what the Chord Pads AU (midi processor) looks like in AUM.. that window can be resized any way you like.. easy to add a chord.. hit the + button and play the chord on the keyboard.. pretty simple.. it’s become my go to for this..
    Many people don’t realize that Tonality includes 3 MIDI AUv3 plug-ins:
    -CHORD/SCALE IDENTIFICATION
    -CHORD PADS (see screenshot below)
    -GRAND STAFF

• @royor said:
    @Bill_Brasky Here’s what the Chord Pads AU (midi processor) looks like in AUM.. that window can be resized any way you like.. easy to add a chord.. hit the + button and play the chord on the keyboard.. pretty simple.. it’s become my go to for this..
    Many people don’t realize that Tonality includes 3 MIDI AUv3 plug-ins:
    -CHORD/SCALE IDENTIFICATION
    -CHORD PADS (see screenshot below)
    -GRAND STAFF

That is much clearer than what I gathered from the AppStore page. Purchased

• Drambo can

• edited April 2020

@Bill_Brasky said:

Heck yeah - Tonality (Chord Pad) does that with style. Really easy to set up too.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/tonality-piano-guitar-chords/id1467552236

• @craftycurate said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

Heck yeah - Tonality (Chord Pad) does that with style. Really easy to set up too.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/tonality-piano-guitar-chords/id1467552236

Thanks I picked it up an hour ago..working great.

• @Bill_Brasky said:
    That is much clearer than what I gathered from the AppStore page. Purchased

I think you’re gonna like it.. check the manual in the main app (page 15 onward for the Chords section).. definitely check out all the options of the tool pad (bottom right button).. I’ve highlighted it in the spoiler below..

• Having a play with Chordulator now, fantastic work Wim!