Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiomodern Filterstep Is A FREE Motion Filter Plugin

13»

Comments

• RJBRJB
    edited April 2020

Anyone have the problem when running more than one Riffer inside AUM and changing settings in one Riffer will adversely affect the others? Very strange, like they’re all connected behind the scenes.

• @Samu Are you having the problem with using PlayBeat in AUM that it crashes basically any time you load another app into a slot in AUM? I contacted the developer about this but never got a reply, it makes this otherwise wonderful app currently unusable for me.

• @Gavinski said:
    @Samu Are you having the problem with using PlayBeat in AUM that it crashes basically any time you load another app into a slot in AUM? I contacted the developer about this but never got a reply, it makes this otherwise wonderful app currently unusable for me.

So far no issues so far. Most of the time it's just 1-2 instances at the same time with some effects.
    iPad Air 2, iPadOS13.4.1 all apps up-to-date.

• Thnx for the reply. I have no idea why this performs so badly in AUM for me, unfortunately it is not the only app which does so, even when DSP is low, but it is one of the worst offenders.

• I downloaded Filterstep and already had Playbeats and Riffer. Love these apps!

Actually, I also bought the recent ToneBoosters DualVCF filter too.

Honestly, I kinda like this one better and almost regret buying the ToneBoosters one.

Nothing wrong with the ToneBoosters one, but Filterstep is more fun and easier to control and shape for me

Can somebody who has both and prefers the ToneBoosters one... explain why it's preferred over Filterstep?

I know there's the usual "get both" comments... but they seem a little redundant with the Filterstep one being more fun.

• @aplourde said:
    @Audiomodern Thank you for this, it's lovely!

Just paired it with GlichCore for a lovely time:

It's rather subtle here, but crucial for the effect I was going for. I used the same preset on the original Mersenne sound and the GlitchCore version, but on the original I used a lowpass filter, on GlitchCore the highpass. So instead of a "normal" stepped filter effect, it's more of a way to shift attention back and forth between the original sound and the glitched.

Wow this sounds fantastic! Great job!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I suspect cross platform screen resolutions aren't easy to manage.

They aren't. But there's people who do.
    I've been involved in designing and researching mobile UX since 1998.
    But, mostly, there's no financial reward for spending a lot of time building a custom version for iPhones, as I understand it, vs. iPads, because the majority of people making music on iOS are using iPads. iPhone users, like myself, pretty much just have to deal with it (vs. having nothing at all). Of course, if there were even more awesome music apps for the iPhone, perhaps more people would use them........

• @silent1 said:

@aplourde said:
    @Audiomodern Thank you for this, it's lovely!

Just paired it with GlichCore for a lovely time:

It's rather subtle here, but crucial for the effect I was going for. I used the same preset on the original Mersenne sound and the GlitchCore version, but on the original I used a lowpass filter, on GlitchCore the highpass. So instead of a "normal" stepped filter effect, it's more of a way to shift attention back and forth between the original sound and the glitched.

Wow this sounds fantastic! Great job!

Thank you! Filterstep and GlitchCore coming out at the same time was a lovely bit of synchronicity - they pair together beautifully....