Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Huge updates to AudioShare and AUM

Comments

• @mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

• Add a track from AudioShare as a file-player in AUM
    • AudioShare persistent sort by…

How is this different from current features?
    i mean you could always load a file from audioshare right via file player?

• @audio_DT said:

@AudioGus said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

Woah

Just tried it. Game changing little beauty!

I’m not getting it... how is this different from the file player that’s always been there?

• It's not any different. But the ease of use is considerably better! It used to be three clicks to get a file playing in AUM. Now, one!

• @Iskander said:
    Hi Jonatan,

I cannot find an update of AudioShare in the App Store.
    Because I was a beta-tester and the beta-version is still on my iPad?
    Is 2.7.9 (139) the same version?

Same for me. I installed the new stable release over the beta.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@audio_DT said:

@AudioGus said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

Woah

Can you give a quick nudge as to what this means for the average Joe (self)...?

Haha. I just meant that the ability to insert samples into AUM using audioshare will really change how people work. I don't even use samples all that much but one reason for that is because it's always a bit of a pain on iOS, so this is really welcome. OK, "game changer" was probably a bit hyperbolic ;)

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@audio_DT said:

@AudioGus said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

Woah

I’m not getting it... how is this different from the file player that’s always been there?

Because you can have AUM open, open AudioShare in slide-over mode, and then select any sample in AS, hold your finger on a sample, then choose to insert it into an AUM track. Or are you going to tell me you could do this already, hence making me look very silly? o:)

• @audio_DT said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@audio_DT said:

@AudioGus said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

Woah

Haha. I just meant that the ability to insert samples into AUM using audioshare will really change how people work. I don't even use samples all that much but one reason for that is because it's always a bit of a pain on iOS, so this is really welcome. OK, "game changer" was probably a bit hyperbolic ;)

Believe me, I wasn't being any more daft than usual (surely?) I often input/insert a wave file into a channel or track in AUM from Audioshare and I don't quite understand what is now 'new', that's all :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@audio_DT said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@audio_DT said:

@AudioGus said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

Woah

Believe me, I wasn't being any more daft than usual (surely?) I often input/insert a wave file into a channel or track in AUM from Audioshare and I don't quite understand what is now 'new', that's all :)

I've used AudioShare for years and didn't know you could do this. My "game changer" happened a long time ago? LOL.

• @audio_DT said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@audio_DT said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@audio_DT said:

@AudioGus said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

Woah

I've used AudioShare for years and didn't know you could do this. My "game changer" happened a long time ago? LOL.

Maybe we're both missing it :) Must be something if it was on the 'special new shiny' list :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@audio_DT said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@audio_DT said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@audio_DT said:

@AudioGus said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

Woah

Maybe we're both missing it :) Must be something if it was on the 'special new shiny' list :)

Yes, got me wondering now.

• edited April 2020

Deleted because of dumb user error.

• edited April 2020

It appears we need intervention from one of the boys at the front....

• edited April 2020

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@audio_DT said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@audio_DT said:

@AudioGus said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

Woah

Because you can have AUM open, open AudioShare in slide-over mode, and then select any sample in AS, hold your finger on a sample, then choose to insert it into an AUM track. Or are you going to tell me you could do this already, hence making me look very silly? o:)

I’m not seeing this option. This is all I get when I hold my finger on a sample in AudioShare.

Like this. I hold my finger on ‘electro beat.wav’ and this menu appears.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@audio_DT said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@audio_DT said:

@AudioGus said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

Woah

I’m not seeing this option. This is all I get when I hold my finger on a sample in AudioShare.

This is new in AudioShare. Long press on any file.

• Oops, user error. Had only downloaded the update on my iPhone, not my iPad. :D

• @audio_DT said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@audio_DT said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@audio_DT said:

@AudioGus said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

Woah

Like this. I hold my finger on ‘electro beat.wav’ and this menu appears.

Yeah, as @anickt says above. I posted the wrong image by accident.

• 10 points and a bravo to @anickt. Teacher's pet...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    10 points and a bravo to @anickt. Teacher's pet...

My kids have me isolated so I won’t die. I need to stay occupied...

• @anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    10 points and a bravo to @anickt. Teacher's pet...

My kids have me isolated so I won’t die. I need to stay occupied...

You better not die you bastard, we have need of you yet...

• This is priceless.. thank you @j_liljedahl for this and the other improvements in the latest AUM + AudioShare updates.. always appreciated..

@anickt said:
    This is new in AudioShare. Long press on any file.

• “Add as FilePlayer in AUM” sure makes overdubbing a lot easier! Since CPU is so low for FilePlayers, you can build a lot of layers then mixdown through a BUS in record mode. It’s true you could do this before, but not without the old process of adding the FilePlayer in AUM and searching for the file. This is a big improvement. Thanks to our glorious devs!

• @Iskander said:
    Hi Jonatan,

I cannot find an update of AudioShare in the App Store.
    Because I was a beta-tester and the beta-version is still on my iPad?
    Is 2.7.9 (139) the same version?

Yes it's the same.

• @j_liljedahl
    Not sure if it’s a bug or if fb loop detection can be tuned?
    Here I’d like to sample an AU synth into Drambo (mFx)

As soon as I try to setup midi connection (Drambo - AU synth) AUM detects a fb loop

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    @j_liljedahl

As soon as I try to setup midi connection (Drambo - AU synth) AUM detects a fb loop

That's correct. You have a feedback loop: Ripplemaker -> Drambo (Audio) and Drambo -> Ripplemaker (MIDI).

• @j_liljedahl said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    @j_liljedahl

That's correct. You have a feedback loop: Ripplemaker -> Drambo (Audio) and Drambo -> Ripplemaker (MIDI).

But if one is audio the other is midi how is that a loop? :)

@j_liljedahl said:

@j_liljedahl

Make sure that Drambo is not thru-ing the MIDI it receives.

AudioLayer is able to send MIDI to the synth whose audio is sampling. But there is no feedback loop because AudioLayer doesn't send the MIDI it receives back out.

• @0tolerance4silence Could you use a second Drambo AU instance to make the audio capture?

@j_liljedahl said:

@j_liljedahl

An indicated feedback loop in AUM simply means that the dependencies can not be fulfilled, so one buffer duration of delay will be inserted in the loop. In this case, Drambo depends on audio coming from Ripplemaker, so AUM will render Ripplemaker before Drambo, so that the audio is ready when it's time for Drambo to run. At the same time, Ripplemaker depends on MIDI coming from Drambo, so AUM will want to render Drambo before Ripplemaker. As you see, both rendering orders can't be fulfilled, so one is going to be delayed by one buffer duration.

• @j_liljedahl

The send to aum fileplayer from audioshare is brilliant.

i just exported a loop from GTL to AUM fileplayer in 6 taps which is freaking amazing.

1. It could be 3 taps if you could set the sync settings of the Aum player turned on by default. Because you still have to turn them on every time. Which is 3 taps.
      Seems to me that turning them on is what most users do most of the time.

2. Would it be an option to have the audioshare provider plugin as a ios shortcut? Then you could perhaps also have it stored in a specific folder in audioshare.
      for example you share a file using export settings in lLoopy or GTL and have it stored in Audioshare in a specific 'app name' folder.

Would also love to see the current AUM trackname added to the filename of a recording when done in AUM.

Thank you for the amazing work!

• +1 for automatic 'loop' in file player, I agree this would be the way most people use it, makes sense to make it the default