Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo has its own venue on Patchstorage now! 😃

edited April 2020 in App Tips and Tricks

Yes, it's up thanks to the very helpful admin at patchstorage.com.

Follow this link:
https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/

Edit (later on April 1):
The maintainer of patchstorage.com was kind enough to modify the http "Content-Type" to tag the content as "Drambo vendor specific" which should eliminate the issues when downloading with Safari. Please post here if there are still issues downloading and describe them with enough detail to be able to reproduce. Thanks!

Comments

• Joined! Thank you!

• Dang! Thanks! :yum: :heart:

• @rs2000 you should sticky some information about how to import projects AND presets. Essentially you have to save module presets to files, then import in the preset menu of Drambo.

• I will make a video at some point :)

• @bcrichards said:
    @rs2000 you should sticky some information about how to import projects AND presets. Essentially you have to save module presets to files, then import in the preset menu of Drambo.

I downloaded and imported your Wood and Env-Delay presets. Nothing happens when I click on them in Drambo. Any ideas? Thanks

• I just added a drum kit for the Flexi Sampler.
    https://patchstorage.com/3sleeves_boombap1/
    If you try it, please let me know if it loads correctly, not sure if presets made with samples are exported with the sample embedded.

• edited April 2020

@3sleeves said:
    I just added a drum kit for the Flexi Sampler.
    https://patchstorage.com/3sleeves_boombap1/
    If you try it, please let me know if it loads correctly, not sure if presets made with samples are exported with the sample embedded.

Downloaded this and 2 @bcrichards projects and none of them open. 🤔

Never mind! User error! 😆

• @anickt So it did load up eventually?

One thing I’m trying to figure out is how to add velocity sensitivity to this kit. I’m able to play it uniformly with the Sensel Morph but there must be a step I’m missing to recognize velocity input.

• Yeah you have to import module presets from within the app, in the module selector or module options menus.

• edited April 2020

I just realized the solution to my velocity sensitivity quandary...I needed to start with an Instrument Rack! Geez, I feel dense. I’ll post an updated patch, might add an EQ and Filter to it first.

Update:
    https://patchstorage.com/3sleeves_boombap/

• edited April 2020

Sorry for being dumb but I’m struggling with downloading/importing patches. Could someone post step by step instructions (and possibly screenshots) using freely available software such as Files app? I’ve done it before but the process has so many steps I get confused and can’t remember what I’ve done last time! This is of course mostly due to the surreal way iOS handles files swiftly followed by my own ability (or lack of).

• @supadom said:
    Sorry for being dumb but I’m struggling with downloading/importing patches. Could someone post step by step instructions (and possibly screenshots) using freely available software such as Files app? I’ve done it before but the process has so many steps I get confused and can’t remember what I’ve done last time! This is of course mostly due to the surreal way iOS handles files swiftly followed by my own ability (or lack of).

one way.

Download patch in safari.

open Drambo and import file, you will find the patch in the file app downloads folder.

• @Shiro said:

@supadom said:

one way.

open Drambo and import file, you will find the patch in the file app downloads folder.

Thanks, it worked. The problem was that I was importing it via Instrument module preset import rather than rack preset import. I think Drambo shoots itself in the foot by having preset saving at every level. It can get very confusing.

• I'm also a bit unsure of files in ios. Am I right in saying that any time you use this method to open things in ios apps, u can then throw away the original downloaded file after?

• It is also worth noting that couple of patches have been created in beta when mid to cv was baked into the rack and they will need midi to cv module at the beginning of the rack chain before they make noise!

• edited April 2020

@Gavinski said:
    I'm also a bit unsure of files in ios. Am I right in saying that any time you use this method to open things in ios apps, u can then throw away the original downloaded file after?

yep. once you see the file name in Drambo.

• @supadom said:

@Shiro said:

@supadom said:

one way.

Thanks, it worked. The problem was that I was importing it via Instrument module preset import rather than rack preset import. I think Drambo shoots itself in the foot by having preset saving at every level. It can get very confusing.

ya i was trying to import them from the hamburger in the top left, but that didn’t work, thanks for mentioning this step that’s what it took, good call

• @3sleeves

Thanks for the drum kit and thanks to everyone else for the resource and download instructions. Up and running and ready to go.

• @reasOne said:

@supadom said:

@Shiro said:

@supadom said:

one way.

ya i was trying to import them from the hamburger in the top left, but that didn’t work, thanks for mentioning this step that’s what it took, good call

The whole process is not perfect yet, there are certainly a few things that are going to be fine-tuned when the time comes. At least, downloads are now possible using Safari 😅

• Just posted an effect I’ve been playing with today using a few of the presets in a processor wrapper, there’s probably a better way to achieve what I have but wondered if anyone else might like it...

https://patchstorage.com/distortedenvdelay/

• Has anybody thought about creating an 8 channel version of the digitakt? Meaning the same LFO/Filter/Sampler/etc per channel?

• This is going to be a great resource for Drambonistas :)

• @drez said:
    Has anybody thought about creating an 8 channel version of the digitakt? Meaning the same LFO/Filter/Sampler/etc per channel?

Just do it 😁

I still own my DT but when I hold Drambo in my hands, why would I want to copy the DT architecture when I can do better with Drambo?

• @rs2000 said:

@drez said:
    Has anybody thought about creating an 8 channel version of the digitakt? Meaning the same LFO/Filter/Sampler/etc per channel?

Just do it 😁

I still own my DT but when I hold Drambo in my hands, why would I want to copy the DT architecture when I can do better with Drambo?

Mostly as an exercise in learning. BUT, also a jump off point for writing. Ima work on it. Obviously I can’t have the immediacy of the knobs like a DT, but should be able to create something similar in drambo. I am not a sound design guy, but admittedly drambo is fun to explore!

• @drez said:

@rs2000 said:

@drez said:

Just do it 😁

Mostly as an exercise in learning. BUT, also a jump off point for writing. Ima work on it. Obviously I can’t have the immediacy of the knobs like a DT, but should be able to create something similar in drambo. I am not a sound design guy, but admittedly drambo is fun to explore!

The strength of the DT is the deep modulation possibilities and the p-locks that can be mapped to almost anything. There's no DT function I remember that couldn't be done with Drambo, except the strong MIDI and synchronization features maybe.
    Plus the DT is a rock-solid MIDI clock master and slave.

• @supadom said:
    It is also worth noting that couple of patches have been created in beta when mid to cv was baked into the rack and they will need midi to cv module at the beginning of the rack chain before they make noise!

Thanks a lot

• Just added a couple more patches:
    https://patchstorage.com/author/3sleeves/
    I’m getting pretty comfortable with the basics of synth building now, gonna try for a more ambitious patch next...see how many oscillators, operators, and modulators I can piece together before my brain liquifies.

• @3sleeves said:
    Just added a couple more patches:
    https://patchstorage.com/author/3sleeves/
    I’m getting pretty comfortable with the basics of synth building now, gonna try for a more ambitious patch next...see how many oscillators, operators, and modulators I can piece together before my brain liquifies.

Haha, let's get crazy!
    Thanks for uploading them! :+1:

• @rs2000 Crazy I got:
    https://patchstorage.com/3sleeves_trifecta2/
    This one has 3 FM operators each with independent LFO modulated Filters, a simple Channel EQ, finished off with some, Chorus, Reverb, and a Phaser.
    The default state kind of reminds me of Garth Marenghi’s Dark Place, especially when I play it with the Sensel Morph and allow pitch bending on the keys...serious VHS vibes😄