Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Post Your DramboJams

Post your DramboJams here. I will once I get the opportunity to play around with it.

Comments

• Looking forward to this thread

• Awesome! You're fast on the trigger mate. Loved your track :sunglasses:

• Ah had this laying around from beta testing days. Just starting us off.

• @bcrichards said:

Really nice! Yaaahhhhh FM sound , love it

• This beta only got 6 views ;-) so i claim it as new.

• 6 views just turned to 7
    Sounds nice
    Well done

• @bcrichards said:

Wait a sec...... all this is from the App?? No external FX????

• @Shiro very nice!!!!!

• So good shiro!

• @Shiro said:
    This beta only got 6 views ;-) so i claim it as new.

that's nice. that one is not a preset in drambo, is it? I sure would like to explore other presets. i find it to be the easiest way to understand how this whole thing works.

• Ooowee, this is gonna be a fun thread to follow!
    Hopefully I’ll have something to contribute in the next few days, so far I’m blown away by how intuitive this app is. I was expecting a much steeper learning curve, but the documentation is quite helpful when things aren’t immediately clear.

• edited April 2020

@lukesleepwalker Nope @rs2000 has set up patchbase site for exchange of drambo presets, that can also mean samples too?
    Actually on the demo I did for drambo the shiro synth is set up for a modulation wheel, if you mess with the FM Ratio knob you get a sweet brass sound!

I am also using drambo with hardware as i like making tunes when traveling (before that was banned) on the sequencer Then coming home and blending with other gear too.

Got my juno 6 mixed with drambo synths here

• @Shiro said:
    @lukesleepwalker Nope @rs2000 has set up patchbase site for exchange of drambo presets, that can also mean samples too?

Yes, as long as the archive doesn't exceed a few megabytes, things should be OK.
    For now, the safest format is uploading .zip archives.
    .drproject and .drmodule files are supported too on patchstorage but it looks like iOS Safari just can't eschew fiddling with the file content and making an XML out of it that cannot be opened by Drambo anymore.
    Again, Readdle Documents does what Safari and Chrome cannot do:
    Download Drambo files without fiddling with them.

@giku_beepstreet Additionally supporting files ending with .drproject.xml and .drmodule.xml, plus opening zip archives directly, would help I think.

• @Shiro said:
    I am also using drambo with hardware as i like making tunes when traveling (before that was banned) on the sequencer Then coming home and blending with other gear too.

Sending midi out to them?
    What a delicious groove :wink:

• edited April 2020

@senhorlampada said:

@Shiro said:

Sending midi out to them?
    What a delicious groove :wink:

Yep Sending midi And it works really well. Plus you got p-locking on the midi notes.

• @Shiro said:

That's great. I subscribed to your YT channel to shamelessly copy from it, err, I mean, to use it as a source of inspiration... 😇

• edited April 2020

@LeonKowalski said:

@Shiro said:

That's great. I subscribed to your YT channel to shamelessly copy from it, err, I mean, to use it as a source of inspiration... 😇

On the bass i used the ‘jump’ component to get that poly metric sound.

• Patch storage for preset sharing?

• @gusgranite said:
    Patch storage for preset sharing?

Here we go https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/

• Got my first taste of it just now. Super fun stuff. Between this and Endless, it’s going to be hard to finish my current projects.

• @gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:
    Patch storage for preset sharing?

Here we go https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/

Thanks.. I got a lot of learning to do.. But this will help...

Maybe this thread should be the official PatchStorage reference..

Thanks..

• Here's a quick little one I was able to squeeze out during lunch today....so much to love in this app...WOW!

• edited April 2020

@echoopera said:
    Here's a quick little one I was able to squeeze out during lunch today....so much to love in this app...WOW!

Could be from akira 🙂 .... one of the mellower moments, err was there a mellow moment?

• edited April 2020

@YourJunk said:
    Got my first taste of it just now. Super fun stuff. Between this and Endless, it’s going to be hard to finish my current projects.

No joke. Can you imagine Drambo as an AU inside Endlesss? I'd never leave the house again... oh wait.

• @Shiro said:

@echoopera said:
    Here's a quick little one I was able to squeeze out during lunch today....so much to love in this app...WOW!

Could be from akira 🙂 .... one of the mellower moments, err was there a mellow moment?

Wowzer. Thanks sir.

I have no idea how you guys were able to keep this so quiet for so long. This app is just amazing.

• edited April 2020

A quick little study of using the Drambo Sequencer to drive all things sounding of glory in Continua inside of AUM.

FWIW, it is done. Drambo provides all we need in a robust sequencer inside of AUM. FINALLY! You did it @giku_beepstreet

This one's for you @JohnnyGoodyear sir :) May the level heads of synth angels shine their glory glory down upon you in this time of yer many Drambo Needs :)

A quick study session:

and yes, before anyone calls me out on it, I forgot to assign Channel 4 to the Rozetta Arp :) That's why it was playing every note since it was listening on all 16 channels ;)

• @echoopera said:
    A quick little study of using the Drambo Sequencer to drive all things sounding of glory in Continua inside of AUM.

FWIW, it is done. Drambo provides all we need in a robust sequencer inside of AUM. FINALLY! You did it @giku_beepstreet

This one's for you @JohnnyGoodyear sir :) May the level heads of synth angels shine their glory glory down upon you in this time of yer many Drambo Needs :)

A quick study session:

and yes, before anyone calls me out on it, I forgot to assign Channel 4 to the Rozetta Arp :) That's why it was playing every note since it was listening on all 16 channels ;)

amazing