Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The sound of Ravenscroft through a Linnstrument

edited March 2020 in Creations

Don't be fooled by the Medusa in the video. This musician is actually playing and recording on an iPad. Of course, that is not only what makes it sound so good.

Comments

• Just great!
    Nothing to add😉.
    Flo

• Dang, that is so good. Anyone who has played a Linnstrument knows how hard it is to make that left hand sound so clean and expressive. Wow.

• Tremendous performance.

• Wow, that was tremendous.

• Ok - here's what gets me about this video:

It's a performance.

The instrument doesn't matter, the technology doesn't matter - it's the human FEEL that is what we're all responding to here. Clearly he has skill on the instrument, but if you can hear BEYOND the tech to hear the performance, that's the really impressive part here.

I feel like we're losing some aspect of performance with all the programming. Digital/analog is less the issue for me - it's more that there's something to be said for putting your fingers/lips/limbs/etc. on some sort of physical device to express your music live and in the moment. I'm ALL FOR programming - I'm just all for physically PLAYING something as well.

But yea, that was brilliant. Well done.

• His playing looks so easy! 😮

• @Daveypoo said:
    Ok - here's what gets me about this video:

It's a performance.

The instrument doesn't matter, the technology doesn't matter - it's the human FEEL that is what we're all responding to here. Clearly he has skill on the instrument, but if you can hear BEYOND the tech to hear the performance, that's the really impressive part here.

I feel like we're losing some aspect of performance with all the programming. Digital/analog is less the issue for me - it's more that there's something to be said for putting your fingers/lips/limbs/etc. on some sort of physical device to express your music live and in the moment. I'm ALL FOR programming - I'm just all for physically PLAYING something as well.

Amen, brother!

• So it seems that Linnstrument handles piano sounds a million times better than the Seaboard, lol. Roger Linn 1 Roli 0.

• Is this guy in our community? Holy smokes!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Dang, that is so good. Anyone who has played a Linnstrument knows how hard it is to make that left hand sound so clean and expressive. Wow.

Just a beginner here and don’t really have clear ideas for left-hand shapes that come naturally

• @audiobussy said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Dang, that is so good. Anyone who has played a Linnstrument knows how hard it is to make that left hand sound so clean and expressive. Wow.

Just a beginner here and don’t really have clear ideas for left-hand shapes that come naturally

It's no joke. I've been playing for a while now and still struggle to form the chord shapes expressively.

• edited April 2020

@lukesleepwalker seaboard 1 linnstrument 0 ;)

• @Gavinski said:
    @lukesleepwalker seaboard 1 linnstrument 0 ;)

Ha, got me there!

• @Daveypoo said:
    Ok - here's what gets me about this video:

It's a performance.

👍👍

• Wow excellent!

• edited May 2022

The price increases by 10% recently, outch.

The Linnstrument 128 was 999, now 1099.

• Anyone knows which pads are more sensitive to the lightest touch; Linnstrument or Launchpad Pro MK3?

• This cat, Fontaine Burnett, is beyond as a performer and teacher. It seems like all he uses are iPads. Check out his setup and lesson.

• @LinearLineman said:
    This cat, Fontaine Burnett, is beyond as a performer and teacher. It seems like all he uses are iPads. Check out his setup and lesson.

This is really good! It takes me back to first year uni keyboard class and trying to understand single string playing on guitar in one video. The car based finger drumming bit is brilliant. I'm sure that I don't only drive my passengers nuts but also the people around me that have to see my brake lights. But, the move from that to the Stevie bit and how it all relates on the Linnstrument, that's really good teaching.

I've been following lots of Linnstrument related content for a while now and this is by far the best presentation I've seen that makes me think "screw the practical worries." He is really good. Thanks for this!