Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zenbeats free

13»

Comments

• @YourJunk said:
    I need to give it a more solid try. The fact that it can’t record MIDI from AU’s is a bummer as I really like EG Pulse and Ruismaker Noir, and this really limits how I can use them. Curious what I’m going to find other than that. Other than Obsidian, I’m not seeing a benefit of NS2 over Zenbeats, but Cubasis 3 is still winning as far as functionality. Stability is another matter.

8-bar limit for loops is a bit limiting. Haven't seen a way to do more bars..?

• @Halftone said:

@YourJunk said:
    I need to give it a more solid try. The fact that it can’t record MIDI from AU’s is a bummer as I really like EG Pulse and Ruismaker Noir, and this really limits how I can use them. Curious what I’m going to find other than that. Other than Obsidian, I’m not seeing a benefit of NS2 over Zenbeats, but Cubasis 3 is still winning as far as functionality. Stability is another matter.

8-bar limit for loops is a bit limiting. Haven't seen a way to do more bars..?

Turn off loop and make the clip whatever length you want.

• edited March 2020

@YourJunk said:

sometimes i’ll recorde the loops driven by midi fx as audio in aum, then load those clips into zenbeats clip player like it’sa sample. works better than other daws with the same midi problem... they should be working on recording midi fx from what i was told, so it’s good to get good with the aop now so even that happens you’re a zen master

• edited March 2020

Where do I find the upgrade options. Also are there groove/swing quantize?
    Thanks in advance
    EDIT : ok Swing sorted. Sounds very stiff. Not for me .

• @Gravitas said:
    Both AUM and AB2 don't see Zenbeats.

Correct. This is a big downside.

A question?

Have you managed to successfully get midi clock into or out of Zenbeats?

Sorry, I haven't tried. The options are there, and it now supports background audio, so it may work. I'll try later today.

• @wim

Thanks that would be of great assistance.

• I have been giving this effort...

I am starting to like it some, it’s still hideous...but I have found the ‘color theme change‘ options to help!

No real sample/audio editing in this yet?
    No actual Roland stuff except a few samples
    I can’t send whole zenbeats projects to collaborators or at least I can’t figure it out
    Tutorials help get started but no advanced stuff...some more tutorials would be great for new users like me.
    The filter eq thing per track is cool, but not highly accurate...needs a zoom
    Right swipe on drums yield patterns...but not rolls unless you want like 16 simultaneous rolls hahaha
    (i have found I can do this in automation)
    Swing is one setting—-on/off. Give us your Groove templates roland! (Per track like reason, not global like shite)
    Can I make my own drum racks? Where is this?

That’s my starting thoughts
    If anyone knows any of this would be great if you share. :)

• There is potential once you get past the cryptic interface and new workflow

• @MrSmileZ
    Have a look in the Files App as there is a Zenbeats
    folder with a 'Songs', folder nested inside it.

We maybe be able to share projects that way.

I'm using it as a drum machine.

I may get another sampler to use within it but as drum machine it's very cool.

• @stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance

Go to the Store and look in the Unlocks section. The V1 iOS unlock should be free.
    I think tapping puts it in your cart, and you still have to go to the cart to complete the purchase.

• So I got the VIP free expansion by logging in.
    Anybody know what was in it?
    I have a lot of loops and presets, but no way of knowing which might have come from the VIP expansion.

• @CracklePot said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance

Go to the Store and look in the Unlocks section. The V1 iOS unlock should be free.
    I think tapping puts it in your cart, and you still have to go to the cart to complete the purchase.

@CracklePot ok cheers

• @Identor said:
    I dont like it that you have to make a clip first, and then copy it to the timeline, like BM3. The first effect i loaded (Dubstation 2) got only sound on the left channel. So far my first moments in this app...after dropping out several times with plugin scanning (got about 190), lol. Also, no icons in the plugin-list.
    The workflow is counterproductive, and the visuals are not coherent and distracting. No logic in symbolism.
    The most pleasing DAW so far, for me, is BitWig. Coherent and logical.

Great comment ... true.. @identor : The problem for me with Birwig is that you cannot mix and match time signatures. Or is this not a thing anymore. Can I insert a bar of 3/4 into a 4/4 song?

• Just downloaded it for macOS as figured the unlock might be free there too. I don’t think it is unless I’m missing something?

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@Identor said:
    I dont like it that you have to make a clip first, and then copy it to the timeline, like BM3. The first effect i loaded (Dubstation 2) got only sound on the left channel. So far my first moments in this app...after dropping out several times with plugin scanning (got about 190), lol. Also, no icons in the plugin-list.

You don't have to create a clip first then copy it to the timeline. You can record right onto the timeline.

• How to import own sounds in case anyone else dont have the info!

You can add sounds from your personal sound library by going to the user folder in the drum or loop browser and right-clicking an empty spot. This will launch a browser that will allow you to choose sounds from any location on your device.

• @wim said:

@Gravitas said:

A question?

Sorry, I haven't tried. The options are there, and it now supports background audio, so it may work. I'll try later today.

I could only make it sync using Link. Could be user error I suppose.
    Using AudioBus as a midi clock to Link bridge should work I would think.

• @wim said:

@wim said:

@Gravitas said:

A question?

I could only make it sync using Link. Could be user error I suppose.
    Using AudioBus as a midi clock to Link bridge should work I would think.

Thanks for having a look.

I managed to link AUM, BM3 and Zenbeats using Ableton link but there is a audible delay until it
    syncs and even then it’s about
    a 16th of a beat off hence looking
    for a midi answer.

Okay, it seems Roland needs to
    add a virtual midi port for Zenbeats
    and to make it accessible for AB3 and AUM as a node.

• Why is zenbeats not even showing up on the appstore for me? Is there a way around this without a vpn? I live in the Philippines in case that matters. My ipad is not really that old as well, its a 2018

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

Zenbeats isn't available in all countries. My guess is these are countries where Roland doesn't have an established business / tax presence.

Why is this different than other companies that sell on the App Store? Possibly because Zenbeats is cross-platform, not just Apple specific. But I'm just guessing at the reasons.

It doesn't have anything to do with your iPad model.

• Hello privileged users of Zenbeats.
    Regardless of the fact I bought the previous version of zenbeats called stagelight I can’t see zenbeats in the App Store.
    So many emails tweets and messages on messenger didn’t get Rolands ass into gear =/ So it’s been a long while i thought maybe they’re waiting for the pandemic to end.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    Hello privileged users of Zenbeats.
    Regardless of the fact I bought the previous version of zenbeats called stagelight I can’t see zenbeats in the App Store.
    So many emails tweets and messages on messenger didn’t get Rolands ass into gear =/ So it’s been a long while i thought maybe they’re waiting for the pandemic to end.

The business (read: money) issues probably far outweigh a relatively few disgruntled Stagelight customers. I wrote a long and boring speculation about why this might be the case many months ago. It was, of course, no help toward making those who can't get it feel any better, so I see no reason to link it here.

I highly doubt the reasons have anything at all to do with the pandemic though. Sorry. :|

• Would a vpn connected on your router would work? ( sorry If I sound silly but I have no knowledge in servers and stuff )