Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zenbeats free

The unlocked version of Zenbeats has gone free now too.

Comments

• edited March 2020

iOS version only, not the desktop. Android too

• No way. That's amazing news. I wanted to get it but I was unsure. Seems this is the year of the DAWs for me.

• I decided to give this another shot since they released the free upgrade. I’ve gotten to the point of trying to add effects. None of my third party effects show up as options and whenever I scan for new plug ins the app crashes. All of my third party instruments show up and are usable but not effects. Anyone else having this issue?

• @rms13 said:
    I decided to give this another shot since they released the free upgrade. I’ve gotten to the point of trying to add effects. None of my third party effects show up as options and whenever I scan for new plug ins the app crashes. All of my third party instruments show up and are usable but not effects. Anyone else having this issue?

People report that you should relaunch and scan for new .., and repeat until all AUs have been scanned. It can take several iterations.

• @rms13 All my instrument and effect AUs are showing up, and are usable.
    I had to go into Settings > Plugins > Scan For New about 50 times after it crashed 50 times.

• @Sequencer1 said:
    @rms13 All my instrument and effect AUs are showing up, and are usable.
    I had to go into Settings > Plugins > Scan For New about 50 times after it crashed 50 times.

Thanks, kept doing it and finally got them all. Doesn’t make me too enthusiastic about the experience. I’d hope that Roland could build an app that’s at least as stable as ones by all of these small devs

• Not available in my country.
    Even after purchasing stagelight and sample packs etc.

Thanks Roland

• Giving it a go. Pretty cool. I really like their automation. a few glitches with external AUv3 effects. Overall I might try and make something with it.

• Def. worth trying it...you can use your own samples too...pretty strong sampler. Their library sounds really good.

• I quite like it. I think its a nice interface. It’s taken me ten crashes to try and scan my auv3s and Im only half way.

Can someone explain how to attach a lfo to a parameter so I dont have to read a manual !

• Does it have Bluetooth MIDI-In? Cannot find it...

• Is it tethered to some account the same way its predecessor?

• Nice step from Roland, but ZB still crashes too often for a trusted use.

• Wow. That’s incredibly generous of them. Really full featured piece of kit.

• Is this 'iOS unlock v1'?

• For free, it’s great. Crashy, especially when scanning plugins. I feel it’s got potential, once I figure my way around the interface.

The lack of support for auto filling the login fields or even copy and pasting the password on iPhone is annoying as fack though.

• @ahallam said:
    For free, it’s great. Crashy, especially when scanning plugins. I feel it’s got potential, once I figure my way around the interface.

The lack of support for auto filling the login fields or even copy and pasting the password on iPhone is annoying as fack though.

I guess this answers my question. Thanks

• @ahallam said:
    For free, it’s great. Crashy, especially when scanning plugins. I feel it’s got potential, once I figure my way around the interface.

You should only have to log in once though.

• @Satie said:
    Does it have Bluetooth MIDI-In? Cannot find it...

it doesn't have its own connection dialog, but if you connect first via another app, such as the free Bluetooth MIDI Connect app, your controller will work.

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Is it tethered to some account the same way its predecessor?

Yes. But you only need to sign in once.

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@Richtowns said:
    Can someone explain how to attach a lfo to a parameter so I dont have to read a manual !

If you can be more specific about what you're trying to do you'll stand a better chance of getting an answer.

... and there is no manual. ;)

• @jolico said:
    Not available in my country.

Thanks Roland

Maybe take it up with your country and not Roland?

• Anybody used it enough to determine what enabling multi core support improves?

• @Sequencer1 said:
    @rms13 All my instrument and effect AUs are showing up, and are usable.

Just gave it a spin - was able to scan all plugins in one go - no crashes. Threw down 3-4 tracks quite easily with the inbuilt instruments - added BramBos bassline to sequence Shockwave. Nice flow. I don't remember Stagelights workflow/interface being this smooth. Pleasantly surprised - I had been a bit put off with some of the issues reported about it.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@jolico said:

Thanks Roland

Yes.
    Dear country, please allow Roland to make zenbeats available in your AppStore just as it was before when it was called stagelight, because I purchased it and all the addons.

Thanks

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:

@jolico said:

Thanks Roland

it's actually a Roland issue, not something imposed by the country. The app depends on Roland Cloud being available in that country, and Roland has chosen not to do business in some countries so far.

• @ahallam said:
    Anybody used it enough to determine what enabling multi core support improves?

I have no experience with the app, my guess is it’s only there for the desktop version.

• A few sound packs for those of who already paid for it would be sweet, but I’d definitely recommend getting the full version while it’s free, this is in my top 5 Daws. And watch some YouTube tutorials on this and Stagelight, seriously, I learned a lot of things I didn’t know were possible with ZenBeats from watching them.

• edited March 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:

@jolico said:

Thanks Roland

Yes.
    Dear country, please allow Roland to make zenbeats available in your AppStore just as it was before when it was called stagelight, because I purchased it and all the addons.

Thanks

Haha.
    What did they say??
    :)