Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rock tune using SessionBand, MultiTrack DAW, Bias, AudioBus, Auria, Final Touch, and AudioShare

edited December 2014 in Creations

Started this one while playing around with the rock version of SessionBand and exported the drums to MultiTrack DAW, where I tracked the guitars and bass using Bias via AudioBus. Exported those tracks to Auria where I tracked the vocals, mixed, and exported to AudioShare. Mastering done in Final Touch, exported back to AudioShare and uploaded to SoundCloud.

Comments

• (Jagger/Richards/iOS) Good stuff! ;)

• Love it! Thanks for explain the workflow.

• @SpookyZoo. I love The Stones. They're a MAJOR influence.
    @ Flo26 & fjcblanco. Thank you, kindly. I appreciate you listening.

• This is great! Definitely has the Keef vibe. Care to share axe presets?

• Enjoyed this, great vibe throughout. I'm hearing a combination of Stones, Led Zeppelin "In Through The Out Door" era and "Black Crowes" on the cool breakdown at 1:37. Guitar playing is spot on, in the pocket as they say.

• @supanorton genial, como todas tus canciones! Great, like all your songs!

• @kgmessier. Thanks so much for the "Keef vibe" comment. The guitar on the left side is a Tele going through the GA-18 in the Bias crunch extension pack (IAP). The guitar on the right side is an Epiphone 335 Pro (which I'm happier with than I could have imagined) through either the '69 Super Lead or the British Plexi 50w. I'm 99% sure I didn't customize either amp, other than rolling off the presence and treble. I did add a convolution reverb IR to everything except the bass called RightPlace as well as some channel strip EQ and compression in Auria.

• @pangolin. Wow, thanks for the kind words. I'm not much of technical guitar player, so I appreciate hearing the "in the pocket" comment. When I came up with that middle bit, those same bands came to mind. That's probably too kind, but I'll humbly thank you for the comparisons. Thanks for listening.

• @Atlesbe. Thanks so much for listening to them. I'm happy to know you like them.

• edited August 2014

Nice job, it sounds great! Drums sound a little urgent in the verses, I know it's sessionband so you can't control that, but if you ever decided to replace the drums that might be something to consider. As it us now though, it's not killing the song, maybe it's just me in the morning...But your playing sounds fantastic and it's a great song.

• edited August 2014

@mrufino. Thank you so much. From your Auria mixes, I know how good your ears are, so your comments mean a lot. Yes, loop drums can present problems, but I love playing along to them to spur ideas, and I don't know the first thing about programming. I have SampleTank, DrumJam, GarageBand, DM1, BeatMaker 2, BeatMachine, Drums XD, and am very tempted to get DrumPerfect; however, I haven't been able to find a way to fit programming drums into my workflow. I even have the Drumagog plug in Auria, but I'm never excited about the whole programming thing. I just can't seem to get into it. I do keep trying so hopefully I'll figure it out eventually. Thanks again for listening.

• edited August 2014

@supanorton said:

Started this one while playing around with the rock version of SessionBand and exported the drums to MultiTrack DAW, where I tracked the guitars and bass using Bias via AudioBus. Exported those tracks to Auria where I tracked the vocals, mixed, and exported to AudioShare. Mastering done in Final Touch, exported back to AudioShare and uploaded to SoundCloud.

Hey man, nice sounds! Congratulations on the music production and composition!
    I'm doing basically the same thing, recording and producing a rock and roll song I made. Could you please help me and give me some tips? I am using audiobus to export drum tracks from BM2, guitar from jammup and bass from ifretlessbass to Cubase and I do basically everything there. I don't know a lot about professional mixing. What do you use Audioshare and Final Touch for? Should I use these apps to improve my music recording? Thanks! I tried to send you a private message but haven't found the option.

• You're welcome. I think on iOS there's no great drum solution. People talk about drum studio, and the same company makes an app called robot drummer (something like that), but I find them fiddly to use. When I need virtual drums, I still use superior drummer or ez drummer on the Mac. On our sessions last month, we used the drummer in GarageBand (osx not iOS) for demos, which was awesome. I'd love to see that in the iOS version.

Still, when Frank arrived at the studio the next day, there's no virtual drummer that compares to the real deal, and when the drummer is him, it takes care of any worries! Even though the sounds in superior drummer are really well recorded (I will not be working at avatar or sound kitchen in the near future, although is live to!) having the subtleties a great drummer brings are fantastic.

With that being said, I dig your song and the drums don't ruin it at all. Maybe just sliding them back a tiny bit on the timeline would be helpful, just a ms or 2.

And thank you for the compliment, I am struggling to do good mixes just like everyone else! So it means a lot.

• @Barox802. I think AudioShare is essential. It's a great place to store samples and 24 bit .wav mixdowns. Most apps I use allow direct import and/or export to/from AudioShare of 24 bit .wavs. It also allows you create files for your audio and always uploads to SoundCloud without problems. Final Touch is a very cool mastering app that adds a certain sheen and polish to your mixdowns. I like it and/or another app called Audio Mastering. I have plugins in Auria that may work better, but I like the ease of use of Final Touch; it has a bunch of presets that are easily tweakable and slick look to it (I know; that stuff shouldn't matter). Hope this helps. If you're on SoundCloud, you can PM me from there. Thanks for listening and for commenting.

• Good song and good production. I too can hear the Stones influence!

• That was great! Really "Stonesey" sounding. This type of music fits your voice/singing style perfectly. Great mix too.

• @PhilW & @Carlsson: thanks so much for listening. Glad you like it.

• That was really good. You absolutely have got a groove here. Better than anything the Stones have done in many years.

• @Seangarland: thank you so much. So glad you like it.