Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GlitchBreaks emulator in AUM with GlitchCore and Mozaic

In one of the GlitchCore threads I had talked and about a GlitchBreaks emulator, and had posted one but it was an AUM session from a beta, which means it didn’t work for people. I apologize and I have rebuilt this in the App Store version of AUM

Here is a video of it in action, of course you will need your own sound sources

The basic premise is that each pad explicitly solos a channel letting you juggle breakbeats. It is especially fun with the Sequencer in GlitchCore set to mutate next pattern.

Comments

• edited March 2020

@distraub said:
    In one of the GlitchCore threads I had talked and about a GlitchBreaks emulator, and had posted one but it was an AUM session from a beta, which means it didn’t work for people. I apologize and I have rebuilt this in the App Store version of AUM

Here is a video of it in action, of course you will need your own sound sources

The basic premise is that each pad explicitly solos a channel letting you juggle breakbeats. It is especially fun with the Sequencer in GlitchCore set to mutate next pattern.

Cool 😎

Where do I get that Mozaic script? Do the other controls and xy in the Mozaic script do anything?

Never mind... figured it out

Thanks!

• Very cool! Getting very Aphexy / Soundpusher-esque here, wonderful idea

• Thanks for the session - i had quite some fun mashing up the 130bpm Amen Break and three other 130bpm drum loops :)

• That's nifty! Cool demo! :)

• Brilliant even more insane idea try it with Scatterbrain. I tried Glitchcore with Streemur and got some wild result mixed done with Enso. Have fun!

• @distraub I have Sequencer set to mutate. It seems to only mutate on every 10th pass of the pattern (sometimes on the 11th), any idea why? Actually, if I press stop in AUM then it mutates on every pass, but then no sound is heard from the loops.

• I am investigating this, there maybe a bug in how it tracks the passes when running independently vs combined with the host. I am working on a bug fix update and that is one I am trying to replicate reliably.

• edited March 2020

I believe is just fixed this, in the process of sending this out to testers to confirm. Unfortunately this has to go through a review process before it can go to testers, because I incremented the version to 1.0.1. This can take longer than a normal app store review process.

• No problem, it is plenty fun already to glitch using this session setup. Glad you sorted it out quickly!

• Great work, loved the AUM Mozaic setup. Hopefully your bug fix works for everyone.