Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 exits to home page after launch when UMC1820 is connected

I finally got around to reinstalling Gadget on my new iPad Air and to my surprise it won't run. When I launch the app, the screen goes black for a second and then returns to the home page. The app is in the background, but when I try to bring it into focus, it goes right back to the home page. I'm running iOS 13.3.1. Restarting doesn't help. I actually got it to work once by running it through the app store, but I think it was a fluke because it doesn't work that way anymore. Any ideas?

Thanks,
chisel316

Comments

• iOS Settings > Gadget 2 > Utility > Reset Current Work
    Enable that one and see if Gadget starts.
    Huge projects that eat a lot of memory can crash Gadget when other apps are open in the background. iOS frees memory when required but it is too slow to free it up before the app requests it. It's an old iOS "problem" since I know iOS 4.

• @rs2000 I appreciate the reply, but it didn't help. Any other ideas?

• If you delete and reinstall, will it launch once?

• Do you have any Korg apps that are also in Gadget?

I’d try uninstalling these one by one to try to isolate just Gadget itself.

• No. It only launched one time when I ran it from the app store. Not sure what was different about that time. It won't run at all now, even from the app store.

Update: I can get it to launch every time if I turn off my Behringer UMC1820 audio/midi interface. This is the first app that has ever given me a problem. I used Gadget on my old iPad mini 4 with the same interface for the last three years. I updated the subject since now I know that is has something to do with the audio interface.

• Did you directly connect it? Maybe pass it through a USB Hub.

Or turn on/off phantom power.

• edited March 2020

@chisel316 said:
    Update: I can get it to launch every time if I turn off my Behringer UMC1820 audio/midi interface. This is the first app that has ever given me a problem. I used Gadget on my old iPad mini 4 with the same interface for the last three years. I updated the subject since now I know that is has something to do with the audio interface.

Ha!!
    Sounds like a bug report to address @davis_korgrd but also on their online support form.
    The UMC1820 has many i/o channels and I bet that Gadget literally explodes upon discovering that a foreign manufacturer tops the i/o count of their own audio interfaces 😅

• Thanks for the responses. I never had a problem with the UMC 1820 when I was using it with my iPad mini 4 with all 16 channels connected (ADA-8000 over ADAT), but I haven't used Gadget in awhile, so it could be anything that's causing it at this point. I do have a workaround - start Gadget first! It works fine if I start Gadget before turning on the UMC 1820. BTW, it is connected to a 10-port hub along with all of my other USB devices. I use the iPad in place of a PC for creating music. You can see my setup at www.youtube.com/chisel316 if you're interested. Thanks again for everyone's help. I appreciate it. Stay safe!