Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GlitchCore by Alex Matheu released

Comments

• @audiblevideo said:
    @distraub its great. I have to actively work on NOT putting it in everything ;)

Oooh back of the box quote alert!

• @distraub said:

@audiblevideo said:
    @distraub its great. I have to actively work on NOT putting it in everything ;)

Oooh back of the box quote alert!

Seriously though! I can quickly remix and generate new melodic and rhythmic variations SUPER QUICKLY. It’s not just for glitching. It’s super useful.

Extra fun with BitMaestro @JamMaestro <3

• edited March 2020

Initial tests here are showing that

Audiobus is pretty much perfect timing with GCore but

AUM is very problematic. Lots of clicks poor timing etc.

Apematrix pretty solid.

Will test in other hosts asap.

• The option to go hard digital glitch by turning micro fade OFF brings me back to the 90s in the best possible way! 😋

• I have updated the user guide at matheusound.net/glitchcore

It now contains a more detailed explanation of all of the controls in the settings screen.

• Aphex Twin is soooooo mad that you damn kids have it so easy! 🐵

• Remember Oval?

• @distraub said:

@drcongo said:

Well deserved.

That is awesome, thank you. Which country is that?

Glitchcoristan.

• @distraub said:

@drcongo said:

Well deserved.

UK. Sorry.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Extra fun with BitMaestro @JamMaestro <3

Yeah they sound like they were made for each other hey!

@audiblevideo said:
    Seriously though! I can quickly remix and generate new melodic and rhythmic variations SUPER QUICKLY. It’s not just for glitching. It’s super useful.

Yeah its amazing how nicely it can re-cut songs! I put it on this techno track the other day and cause the the BPM sync it you could almost use it as a drum sequencer (eg, I knew on the quarter beats there would be a kick drum etc)

• @distraub Glitchcore is #1 Music app here in 🇨🇦 today.. congrats!

• GlitchCore 1.0.1 is now live, at least in the US AppStore.
    This version fixed a couple of bugs.

One for trigger next pattern and mutate next pattern, sometimes on certain devices the play count could be random.
    The other was if you sent an AU Glitch On/Off AU Parameter before setting Glitch Start and End, you would get silence.

Also if you love the app leaving a review would go a long way,
    Thank you,

Alex

• @distraub said:

@drcongo said:

Well deserved.

@drcongo said:

@distraub said:

@drcongo said:

Well deserved.

UK. Sorry.

I am very, very disappointed that it wasn't, you know....although the UK's probably a bigger market, so good on him.

• Thank you for the update @distraub!
    🙂

• @CracklePot said:
    Thank you for the update @distraub!
    🙂

You’re welcome, now to start working on the next update :)

• @distraub said:
    GlitchCore 1.0.1 is now live, at least in the US AppStore.

One for trigger next pattern and mutate next pattern, sometimes on certain devices the play count could be random.
    The other was if you sent an AU Glitch On/Off AU Parameter before setting Glitch Start and End, you would get silence.

Thank you,

Alex

I’d vote for an option to lock/hold the x/y pad locations...touch xy, move around, lift finger, xy stays engaged...

• edited April 2020

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@distraub said:
    GlitchCore 1.0.1 is now live, at least in the US AppStore.

Thank you,

Alex

I’d vote for an option to lock/hold the x/y pad locations...touch xy, move around, lift finger, xy stays engaged...

That’s what I’d also ask for. Also maybe double tap it to release or a release button of some kind.

• What about changing the length of the grid for odd time signatures? @distraub

• edited April 2020

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    @Bill_Brasky said:
    That’s what I’d also ask for. Also maybe double tap it to release or a release button of some kind.

That functionality is already there. It depends on how you engage Glitch. If you engage it from touching the glitch button at the top it functions as you described. Otherwise if you engage it with the pad, it is immediate, touching the pad first makes it stop glitch when you lift your finger, touching the button first, keeps Glitch latched when you lift your finger off of the x/y pad.

• @Monome said:
    What about changing the length of the grid for odd time signatures? @distraub

That is definitely in the plan in a future update.

• @distraub said:

@Monome said:
    What about changing the length of the grid for odd time signatures? @distraub

That is definitely in the plan in a future update.

🙏😊
    Great!!!

• New Interview with Alex Matheu by Nu-Trix the Synth Guy

• I'm loving this effect and using it a lot, I have a question i hope someone can help me with:

I've been trying to automate the glitch button via LFO but not getting the results I expect. I thought that it would be a switch I could send a square wave to for nice on/off automation, but it seems to very rarely be in the off state when automated. I'm trying to figure out if there's a midi value where the threshold from off to on is triggered?? Can anyone suggest the best way to approach this, I've used variety of lfo shapes and rates and got nowhere

• @drewinnit said:
    I'm loving this effect and using it a lot, I have a question i hope someone can help me with:

I've been trying to automate the glitch button via LFO but not getting the results I expect. I thought that it would be a switch I could send a square wave to for nice on/off automation, but it seems to very rarely be in the off state when automated. I'm trying to figure out if there's a midi value where the threshold from off to on is triggered?? Can anyone suggest the best way to approach this, I've used variety of lfo shapes and rates and got nowhere

It is a switch control, so LFO doesn’t work so well.
    I think triggering it with a midi note would be better.
    You set up your rhythm and durations in a sequencer, and the glitch follows the note on/off pattern.
    It is easy to do in AUM. Make sure you turn the toggle option off for the glitch control in AUM.

• @CracklePot oh nice, using a midi note hadn't even crossed my mind - brilliant suggestion. I can even then use some midi fx to ensure the trigger note occurs randomly. Thanks!!

• Hi everyone !
    Is there a way to lock the retrig rate to a specific timing ?
    Like 1/32, 1/16, 1/8 ? Maybe with a customisable scale ? (Hello triplets !!!!). I am dying to replicate the Écho freeze delay On the octatrack.
    Take care

• i have just had kind of a wedding in AUM. Ruismaker Noir and Glitchcore. I won’t call them a cute couple but the are a perfect match for sure. YESSSSS!

• edited April 2020

@jazzmess said:
    Hi everyone !
    Like 1/32, 1/16, 1/8 ? Maybe with a customisable scale ? (Hello triplets !!!!). I am dying to replicate the Écho freeze delay On the octatrack.
    Take care

Does this help? There are no “scales”.

• @audiblevideo said:

@jazzmess said:
    Hi everyone !
    Take care

Does this help? There are no “scales”.

Thanks for your help mate. Was looking for something a bit like AtomizerFX or the koala stutter effect to be played live.
    Thanks !

• @distraub I love this app! Only issue I’m having is that in Audiobus i have to turn it back ‘on’ (the four squares button) when I reopen a project. Can it’s state save whether the glitching is on or not?