Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiomodern Filterstep Is A FREE Motion Filter Plugin

edited March 2020 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/filterstep/id1500042551?ls=1

Filterstep can give you incredibly complex and nuanced results based on various filter effect settings, and almost infinite possibilities for sonic exploration and randomization. And it's free!

https://ask.audio/articles/audiomodern-filterstep-is-a-free-motion-filter-plugin?fbclid=IwAR200nVsW2O_mwisyDOdt9wxOj56CEhR9gydCAuzL_3gjSs9h2VGUhLAL00

Comments

• edited March 2020

VST/VST3/AU/AAX/iOS & Standalone
    • Generate Filter Grooves in real-time
    • Syncs to Host tempo
    • Wet/Dry mix control
    • MIDI Controllable
    • Infinity Mode
    • Quick Load presets
    • x64 & x32 bit Compatible
    • Instant/Tap Bypass for live performance
    • Quantization settings
    • Motion selector
    • Customizable Sequence Range
    • Assign Presets to Quick-Load Section
    • No Two Patterns will Ever be the Same

• Wow, very nice :)

• @Kkani hi looks good is this au & iaa Not said in app description on app store

• edited March 2020

It is AUv3 but also works standalone.
    AUv3 seems to be static, but standalone modifies live recordings.

• @Samflash3 @Kkani wow its really good . Impressive.

• who this things is cool! and free !

• edited March 2020

VST • VST3 • AU • AAX for Windows, Mac & iOS
    Tutorial

• This looks excellent thanks!

• A treat from the Riffer people... I am all in 👊🏼😷 thank you @Audiomodern 🙌🏼

• Perfect for ambient pads!

• Makes me want to say thanks by buying Riffer. Or is that one of those apps whose reality doesn't match its promise? Are there issues with Riffer?

• thank you Audiomodern and thx for pointing

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Makes me want to say thanks by buying Riffer. Or is that one of those apps whose reality doesn't match its promise? Are there issues with Riffer?

Just some tempo sync issues when running iPad at 44khz. It's fine at 48khz. I contacted them and they said that was a priority and would be addressed next update - but it's still happening after the update a few days ago... hopefully they're still trying to fix

• Sweetness. Thanks for the links and vids. 🙏🏼💕

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Makes me want to say thanks by buying Riffer. Or is that one of those apps whose reality doesn't match its promise? Are there issues with Riffer?

Not that I’m aware of. I use Playbeat a lot more but that’s just me.

Thanks Audiomodern!

• Wow, thanks! another cool free gem.

• Super Cool! Thank you @Audiomodern.. ❤️ Riffer + Playbeat.. use them all the time..

• This thing is 🔥🔥🔥 I like it a lot, thanks

• 5 stars given! 👍

• Wow. So beautiful. 5 stars and review also from me.

• can’t believe this is a freebee 🥰

• This is the first app that I have no idea how to set it up. Is it an effect or an instrument? And if it’s an effect what is it listed under in any of the main Daws

• Shows up as an effect for me as Filterstep in Cubasis 3

• What would you typically use this for?

Yes I watched the walkthru. Still don’t understand where you would use this.

• @ecou said:
    What would you typically use this for?

Add movement and variation to drum loops, guitar, voice.

• @audiobussy said:
    This is the first app that I have no idea how to set it up. Is it an effect or an instrument? And if it’s an effect what is it listed under in any of the main Daws

Maybe try running the standalone first.
    Some AUs require this to install the AU version or presets, etc.
    Good practice to always open standalone first after new install of an AU app.

• @ecou said:
    What would you typically use this for?

The most obvious use is to feed some static, droney sounds into it and add rhythm to it with this.

Imagine you have a synth and you hook up a step sequencer to automate the filter cutoff.
    That is what this app does, but the filter and step sequencer are broken out to a separate app, and the step sequencer has a lot of self-driving options.

• Brilliant and very generous.

Can we possibly have an out gain/trim fair amount of clipping.