Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GlitchCore by Alex Matheu released

https://apps.apple.com/app/glitchcore/id1499237784

GlitchCore is an Audio Unit (AUv3) effect for re-sequencing live audio. It can rearrange audio that it processes. GlitchCore lets you glitch audio by making micro loops and scrubbing your sound. GlitchCore also lets you set loop points, variable loop lengths, and can reverse live audio.

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/ev/ktdrq06xy1rn.png

GlitchCore can be used in your favorite host app like AUM, apeMatrix, GarageBand, Cubasis, and others.

GlitchCore works really well on drums, samples, or drum machines, but also works great on synths, pads and vocals.

Features :

AUv3 effect can launch multiple instances
16 step pattern sequencer
8 pattern slots
Randomize pattern steps
Trigger patterns automatically
Mutate patterns automatically
Buffer freeze
Syncs to host
All parameters are exposed as AU Parameters for automation
Pattern move in cardinal directions
Adjustable micro fades for each mode create envelopes to adapt to different types of audio

https://apps.apple.com/app/glitchcore/id1499237784

Comments

• Thanks for this, @Zaubrer. It makes sense to start a new thread with "Released" rather than using the old "work in progress"

I still don't get this forum use of old threads with misleading / outdated titles instead of just starting a new one. If it is for searching later, search is already a mess in this Vanilla platform. Better just start new conversations IMO.

• huh.
    can you mute/insert silence in the matrix of "grains"?!
    or every step will play something anyways!?
    thanks

• This is fantastic. And not just for glitchy madness either, it’s pretty great for adding subtle variations on repeating patterns too.

• Just got it and have not dug deeper yet...
    What about setting 'glitch mode' per step as well? (Or maybe this can be done already?).

• @waka_x said:
    huh.
    can you mute/insert silence in the matrix of "grains"?!
    or every step will play something anyways!?
    thanks

Yep, In the sequencer just leave the step out.

• got it !

• Got it, love it!

• edited March 2020

@distraub
    Thanks for GlitchCore! I found a „to be discussed“ thing that i fell about earlier.

If you use the x/y pad via the screen the mode button „circled waveform“ gets automatically switched on.
    When i send LFO-values to the respective parameters (for x/y) the button stays off.
    I would prefer an option (in settings) to „auto-activate on external values“ even in this case.
    An optional setting because that would be not always wanted.

What do others think? What do you think?

Another thing with this:

The values for the x/y pad, when fed through parameters are not consistent.
    X-axis: left, 0 - right, 127 = ok
    Y-axis: top, 0 - bottom, 127 = i would expect otherwise

Is that intended?

• edited March 2020

What do I need to do to hear the difference between the 4 'glitch step' settings (free / 64th /32nd / 16th)? I don't see that changing them makes any difference to the sound, I must be missing something. Thnx in advance for the help.

Bloody love this app though!

• A little experiment with GlitchCore and Scatterbrain...

• Congratulations Alex ! @distraub

• @Gavinski said:
    What do I need to do to hear the difference between the 4 'glitch step' settings (free / 64th /32nd / 16th)? I don't see that changing them makes any difference to the sound, I must be missing something. Thnx in advance for the help.

Edit : I also don't hear the 'freeze' effect doing anything

The steps are in the XY Pad and quantize the effect so to speak corresponding to the BPM and the wave form. Makes sense?

And the freeze ist just freezing the momentary waveform/Audio that is rolling in and bypassing other audiosignals in that channel. Its really cool when you use it with guitar and you freeze the little riff you just played. You can send in audio freeze it and remove the source and still hear everything ;)

• Bought. Looking forward to a good old mess about.

• Wild, is there a manual anywhere?

• @Toastedghost said:
    Wild, is there a manual anywhere?

Link in AppStore

http://matheusound.net/glitchcore

• Thanks! Yes, I figured out the freeze thing as soon as I played a synth into it rather than using a drum pattern! But now thanks to you I understand the glitch step setting, thnx a lot!

@david_2017 said:

@Gavinski said:

Edit : I also don't hear the 'freeze' effect doing anything

The steps are in the XY Pad and quantize the effect so to speak corresponding to the BPM and the wave form. Makes sense?

And the freeze ist just freezing the momentary waveform/Audio that is rolling in and bypassing other audiosignals in that channel. Its really cool when you use it with guitar and you freeze the little riff you just played. You can send in audio freeze it and remove the source and still hear everything ;)

• This is gonna be wild with loopy pro

• @Gavinski said:
    @distraub I think the bars on the right and left side of the loop are far too close to the edge of the screen when the loop is 4 bars long. In AUM I find it very hard to manage to drag them, and sometimes end up dragging something in the background mixer window instead. Could you leave more space on either side of them and make them easier to grab?
    Thanks for the app, it's great, and the price is excellent!

• Thank you everyone!

@Gavinski thank you for the feedback, I will take that into consideration for future updates.

• @Identor said:
    A little experiment with GlitchCore and Scatterbrain...

That is awesome, love it.

• I really must again strongly recommend the combo of this and soundfruuze, they complement each other brilliantly

• This is great! Awesome app, a must have! 👏👏👏

• @MrBlaschke said:
    @distraub
    Thanks for GlitchCore! I found a „to be discussed“ thing that i fell about earlier.

If you use the x/y pad via the screen the mode button „circled waveform“ gets automatically switched on.
    When i send LFO-values to the respective parameters (for x/y) the button stays off.
    I would prefer an option (in settings) to „auto-activate on external values“ even in this case.

Another thing with this:

Is that intended?

Let me explain how the X/Y pad works behind the scenes.
    It uses 3 AU Parameters, when you touch it, it turns Glitch ON/OFF on.... then as you drag X is sent to Glitch Start (location of the micro loop in the buffer) and Y is sent to Glitch End (length of the micro loop)

When automating this you are sending to those parameters discreetly, and it is completely disconnected from the UI. I don't have a way to know intent or know that you want to turn the Glitch ON/OFF when sending continuous data the AU Parameters Glitch Start or End. I have exposed all three parameters and you can map Glitch ON/OFF so you can mimic the behavior of touching the Glitch button up top, and then dragging the pad with a midi controller. I actually during the development had removed the Glitch Button, because I had deemed it as not necessary, then about 3/4 of the way through the beta added it back, people wanted a latch mode for Glitch in the UI to act like it does when mapping the AU Parameters.

As for the backwards Y that is mostly because UI on iOS Y is backwards, I was going to change and invert this, but then I mapped it to a knob, and having the knob to the left which sends smaller values making the Glitch micro loop length smaller made sense to me, and larger to the right.

In the future I think I will add a toggle in settings to invert Glitch End data for the AU Parameter just have to be careful I don't do it for the UI as well.

• @distraub said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    @distraub

Another thing with this:

Is that intended?

Let me explain how the X/Y pad works behind the scenes.
    It uses 3 AU Parameters, when you touch it, it turns Glitch ON/OFF on.... then as you drag X is sent to Glitch Start (location of the micro loop in the buffer) and Y is sent to Glitch End (length of the micro loop)

When automating this you are sending to those parameters discreetly, and it is completely disconnected from the UI. I don't have a way to know intent or know that you want to turn the Glitch ON/OFF when sending continuous data the AU Parameters Glitch Start or End. I have exposed all three parameters and you can map Glitch ON/OFF so you can mimic the behavior of touching the Glitch button up top, and then dragging the pad with a midi controller. I actually during the development had removed the Glitch Button, because I had deemed it as not necessary, then about 3/4 of the way through the beta added it back, people wanted a latch mode for Glitch in the UI to act like it does when mapping the AU Parameters.

As for the backwards Y that is mostly because UI on iOS Y is backwards, I was going to change and invert this, but then I mapped it to a knob, and having the knob to the left which sends smaller values making the Glitch micro loop length smaller made sense to me, and larger to the right.

In the future I think I will add a toggle in settings to invert Glitch End data for the AU Parameter just have to be careful I don't do it for the UI as well.

I think what you've done makes sense. This allows an LFO to keep modulating the Glitch Parameters and then you can "drop into" glitch mode when you like; I just did some experiments making a "bouncing ball" type effect with synched LFOs. And I agree that small values to the left on a knob makes intuitive sense.

The one thing I would love to see is a way to change the Reverse setting to different behaviors. Right now it just reverses the entire buffer, that can frequently be useful, but I would, personally, rather have reverse affect the other play modes. E.g. you have a Loop going, and pressing Reverse, reverses just that loop. You have a Sequence going and Reverse reverses the individual steps in the sequence. Please consider that option!

• @aplourde said:

The one thing I would love to see is a way to change the Reverse setting to different behaviors. Right now it just reverses the entire buffer, that can frequently be useful, but I would, personally, rather have reverse affect the other play modes. E.g. you have a Loop going, and pressing Reverse, reverses just that loop. You have a Sequence going and Reverse reverses the individual steps in the sequence. Please consider that option!

This is something I wrestled with during the development and the beta. I would love to see the same thing as well, but during testing and making content, reverse on the entire buffer was super useful. Making each mode reverse their contents instead of reverse overriding everything but Glitch would take some open heart surgery to complete, and I had to make the decision of getting the app out, with that function like it is. When added I will definitely need some toggle option settings to keep it like it is now vs having reverse change the mode you are in to reversing the audio in that mode. Trust me I thought long and hard about that one.

Ideally once this is implemented the pattern sequencer we would need a way of indicating play direction for each step.

• @distraub said:

@aplourde said:

This is something I wrestled with during the development and the beta. I would love to see the same thing as well, but during testing and making content, reverse on the entire buffer was super useful. Making each mode reverse their contents instead of reverse overriding everything but Glitch would take some open heart surgery to complete, and I had to make the decision of getting the app out, with that function like it is. When added I will definitely need some toggle option settings to keep it like it is now vs having reverse change the mode you are in to reversing the audio in that mode. Trust me I thought long and hard about that one.

Yeah, I have no doubt that order of precedence for these features was a big headache!

Ideally once this is implemented the pattern sequencer we would need a way of indicating play direction for each step.

Per-step controls would be next-level amazing! But I was just suggesting a global control, so the rhythm / pitch of your sequence is maintained, but the individual steps are reversed.

• Well deserved.

• @drcongo said:

Well deserved.

That is awesome, thank you. Which country is that?

• Oh yeah!! Congrats.

• @distraub its great. I have to actively work on NOT putting it in everything ;)