Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Basic Audiobus question

I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is yes, but I want to be sure. Right now, I use AUM for all the things. The only thing that bugs me is that I can't easily get audio from AUM directly recorded into Borderlands or Samplr. Instead, I need to record the audio and then dump them in. Am I correct in thinking that I can do that with Audiobus? My understanding is that I could have AUM send the audio to AB, then it goes from AB into Borderlands or Samplr in real time. From there, I can either apply AU FX via AB itself, or feed it back into AUM for my normal sequencing/fx/recording stuff?

With the latter idea, I assume that I can send audio out of AUM on one buss in to AB, and then back into AUM on another buss, that way I avoid a feedback loop, correct?

Thanks!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

but ... you can do it in AUM. Just start Borderlands first, then add to an FX slot in AUM.

• BenBen
    edited March 2020

You can open AUM in the input slot of AB and open your DAW in the output slot.
    Assuming either of those are available as Output. (Don’t own either.)
    Sorry, can’t answer the second part of your question.

• @wim said:
    but ... you can do it in AUM. Just start Borderlands first, then add to an FX slot in AUM.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Hoooooly moly. Glorious!

• @slicetwo said:

@wim said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Hoooooly moly. Glorious!

Yep. got lost in it for over an hour after double-checking it worked before I wrote that. B)