Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do you organize your apps? ...and samples?

Just curious. Is gadget a "DAW"? Is soundscraper a "synth"? Just curious how you maintain your apps.

Comments

• edited March 2015

some talk about this here:

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/110221/

that said, here's my current setup:

• @Zetagy Little bit like looking into a part of your soul right there....

• Nice collection there @Zetagy I especially like the apps sorted by developer!

• edited March 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear ...or my empty bank account.

• edited March 2015

I have one folder each for Synths, FX, and "Utilities". Within those three, I have my apps sorted by usage, nine to a page, in alphabetical order. Top shelf synths on page 1, etc. That way, I don't feel so overwhelmed by choices. Oh yeah, Gadget is a tough one, right now it is a Synth, cause it's an audio Source, and Soundscraper is an FX, but now that I have played it, it will go on the oddball Synth page.

• All of my samples live within Samplr. Anytune for sampling from the net, audioshare for precision trim and conversion.

• Audioshare is my central switch for samples and patches, though I archive the zips in GoodReader, which I used to download them if not mine. Otherwise one screen to rule them all ...

• edited March 2015

My arrangement is similar to Dwarman - and I like cats too!

• edited March 2015

My samples are split between Nanostudio and Audioshare. NS remains my main music making app so it doesn't make much sense to move it all to Audioshare just to reimport! Though my samples are mostly just drum kits and a few instruments. Apps are in folders like 'synths', 'recorders', 'effects'... I have a 'most used' sort of folder in my dock and an 'all in one' folder which has Gadget.

• I have a page with drum machines, page with samplers, page with FX, page with synths and a page with midi stuff.

On the toolbar I got AB, AS.

All samples are sent to Audio Share because AS works well with FileBrowser and then opened in various apps...
    But I am starting to worry that I have too many apps..."jack of all trades and master of none"... as the saying goes

• edited March 2020

Just curious about how others organize a lot of their applications, so I’m resurrecting this thread.
    Here’s mine:

I use one screen exclusively for music apps, but I categorize them into
    Instruments, D/AW/S, FX, MIDI, Utilities, Photos and Video (Top Row).
    Apps below the folderare my most frequently used apps or apps I’m currently testing ( for easy access).

Instruments for any IAA or AUv3 that isn’t a DAW/Audio sampling app, and can play sounds.
    D/AW/S for any app that is a DAW/Audio sampling app
    FX for all my effects
    Utilities for apps that aren’t AUv3 or IAA but do come in useful - metronome, link to useful websites
    Photos and Videos - For any application I use for video, picture, digital editing.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have slight feelings of shame seeing the neatness in this thread as I don’t organise - I’m more of a recall and search guy, though I occasionally have to folder a load up in order to clear back from the maximum pages :|

You wouldn’t want to see my computer desktop either, it’s quite a sight, but not as bad as my old producer’s...

• @BCKeys said:
    I definitely stopped filling my iPad with hundreds of apps and DAWs, I keep buying apps regularly to test and have fun but I prefer to master a few apps perfectly than getting lost in hundreds. Just my point of view, no offense, my minimalism is pathological 😁

None taken. Thanks for taking the time to explain your workflow.
    You’re right about having too many apps. It’s something I also try and control. And, Garageband is still my main DAW. I try and keep plugins and features that I will use (although a lot of my music is exploring ways to use tools I have).

• My files in audioshare are a complete shambles!!
    When i record something in AUM i never delete the file in audioshare even if i dont use it.
    It will get sorted this year, im determined.

• edited March 2020

@Small_paul1976 said:
    My files in audioshare are a complete shambles!!
    When i record something in AUM i never delete the file in audioshare even if i dont use it.
    It will get sorted this year, im determined.

I believe (lol). Audioshare to you is like Blocs Wave to me. Although you do have some time now🤔😁😀