Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW Akai MPC ONE Stand Alone

Comments

• @echoopera said:

@alecsbuga said:
    You do realize that p-locks Are essentially stepped automation. Which the MPC does. It has a step sequencer for automation too.

But it doesn’t offer the probability function of %play like the Elektron, MC707 and OP-Z kits do.

Or Deluge. True.

• @echoopera Thank you!

@alecsbuga said:
    You do realize that p-locks Are essentially stepped automation. Which the MPC does. It has a step sequencer for automation too.

Sure, but Elektron's method is faster. Plus precise values, copying and pasting, probability, trigless locks, etc.

MPC's automation looks great though.

• edited March 2020

would be overjoyed if it did have those features.... been begging dan since day one. Have there been some concrete rumors recently, from where?

a nice work around is to use blank layers to fake probability which can produce great results but the process and vibe does not feel the same at all to me... hoping for proper elektron cloning

• edited March 2020

@kobamoto said:
    would be overjoyed if it did have those features.... been begging dan since day one. Have there been some concrete rumors recently, from where?

a nice work around is to use blank layers to fake probability which can produce great results but the process and vibe does not feel the same at all to me... hoping for proper elektron cloning

Just a third hand rumor heard on Elektronauts from the gearslutz forum. :neutral: I'm not crossing my fingers.

• @alecsbuga said:

@echoopera said:

@alecsbuga said:

But it doesn’t offer the probability function of %play like the Elektron, MC707 and OP-Z kits do.

Or Deluge. True.

If you want this on iPad, use StepBud.

• What I'm doing as a test right now is feeding the Midi from the MPC One into Mosaic and then to the appropriate instrument(s) in AUM.

• Made a little setup movie today:

• edited March 2020

Managed to get another track out today...on the lower tempo moody side of things. Starting 4th Week of Shelter-in-Place...and just trying to keep my heart and spirit aligned with the beauty of the universe and all that God has given us.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe and are in good spirits. Peace, love and joy be with you all.

Here's a bit of head music for you while you focus on all the blessings and love in your life:

YouTube:

SoundCloud:

Feel free to download it and add to your collection. Last two tracks on SoundCloud are available for download.

Cheers!

• edited April 2020

any of you guys using this, any issues?

makes kits for bm2,nanostudio 2, and impc as well

• what a nice combo

• @kobamoto said:
    what a nice combo

It's how I use BlocsWave (being Launchpad app/hardware the Live performance counter-side).

• yep, it's been a minute since I used blocs wave but it's a workhorse!

• edited April 2020

I can see BlocsWave as perfect companion for any sampler. I think Ampify released it as a Circuit companion but now all of these are growing by themselves.

Did you get the Mpc One @kobamoto ?
    I get a win10 tablet as bargain and I‘m still figuring my set post-apocalypsis outbreak but this machine seems very well balanced...

• not yet, there's word of an update on the horizon i'm gonna wait see how it pans out.

• @kobamoto said:
    not yet, there's word of an update on the horizon i'm gonna wait see how it pans out.

What features are expected? Keep us posted!

• edited April 2020

more than anything I think disk streaming and a major midi update, but it looks like there will be some new instruments in addition to the drum synth they announced coming as well.... I have my doubts about the disk streaming, midi update, and new song arranger being in the next update but it would be fantastic if they surprised us all.... we'll see, my mpc live keeps me comfortably on the fence :)

• This update is killer! ONE as true brains of performance setup. Glad I got this little gem of an instrument/controller/performer

• looking good, what a little powerhouse the one is turning out to be, I wonder if Akai will regret coming out with the one so soon as its more like a mini X... I know electron lost some octatrack users to the Digitakt for sure, but I am sure glad both companies did it

• edited May 2020

I think Akai made the right decision on the ONE. Every time I looked @ the LIVE, I couldn't get over how freaky large it is...my set up won't accommodate another wide instrument, so the compact format attracted me out of the gate. All the features were a bonus, and this 2.8 update has me grinning for sure.

• @echoopera said:
    I think Akai made the right decision on the ONE. Every time I looked @ the LIVE, I couldn't get over how freaky large it is...my set up won't accommodate another wide instrument, so the compact format attracted me out of the gate. All the features were a bonus, and this 2.8 update has me grinning for sure.

'looks over at the mpc live :(
    haha, but you can't bludgeon an intruder with an MPC One , but yeah they hit a sweet spot with the one

• I think the MPC One, digitakt, and deluge would make such a nice trifecta side by side on a table

• Just grabbed a MPC One for my set-up. Really stoked about this 2.8 update! Especially the ability to use a USB hub and the expanded midi capabilities!👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

• @thatguysmitty said:
    Just grabbed a MPC One for my set-up. Really stoked about this 2.8 update! Especially the ability to use a USB hub and the expanded midi capabilities!👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

were did you find one?

• That was a great update , hoping for disk streaming next . Regardless if it will be implemented, decided to sell Live/push2 .
    Has anyone tried Link over Ethernet with an ipad ?

• @kobamoto said:

@thatguysmitty said:
    Just grabbed a MPC One for my set-up. Really stoked about this 2.8 update! Especially the ability to use a USB hub and the expanded midi capabilities!👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

were did you find one?

I got lucky because someone returned one to purchase the MPC X...so I was able to purchase it as “open box” at a reduced price with full warranty.

• @Korakios said:
    That was a great update , hoping for disk streaming next . Regardless if it will be implemented, decided to sell Live/push2 .
    Has anyone tried Link over Ethernet with an ipad ?

I’ve tried it with the MPC One tethered to my MBPro’s Ethernet. The only thing that puzzled me was that in order for the link between the iPad and the MPC to be active, I had to have a link enabled program running on the Mac (Ableton or Maschine...I tried both). I couldn’t get it to link up with just my iPad and the MPC. Maybe I’m doing something wrong....but, I couldn’t figure it out.

• @thatguysmitty said:
    I’ve tried it with the MPC One tethered to my MBPro’s Ethernet. The only thing that puzzled me was that in order for the link between the iPad and the MPC to be active, I had to have a link enabled program running on the Mac (Ableton or Maschine...I tried both). I couldn’t get it to link up with just my iPad and the MPC. Maybe I’m doing something wrong....but, I couldn’t figure it out.

I think this might be because your MPC and iPad are on different networks. If your MPC is connected to your MBP via Ethernet port, it is creating an Ethernet network with the MPC. If the iPad and MBPro are on a wi-fi network, then they are on a separate network and Link is what is allowing them to sync across the two networks... Maybe?

• @thatguysmitty said:

@kobamoto said:

@thatguysmitty said:

were did you find one?

I got lucky because someone returned one to purchase the MPC X...so I was able to purchase it as “open box” at a reduced price with full warranty.

I know the good stuff but I would love to know what you don't like about it if anything?

• 2.8 update for MIDI is pretty incredible. Sorta fulfill's the promise of that USB host port and then some. Hoping 2.9 will include MIDI instrument definitions so that you can load up your Volca Keys 'Instrument' and have all of the CCs mapped and named something useful. I've hoped that since the Live launched but with the 2.8 update, feel like the just have to do it. :) Like, in honor of their own work on 2.8!