Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SDS-x — Simple Drum Sampler - FREE for a while

quite good app!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sds-x-simple-drum-sampler/id1468026221

SDS-x is the easiest way to play drum samples live!

SDS-x is a "nine pads" style drum module that lets you easily use samples alongside your drum kit. There is no more need to buy expensive hardware or waste time menu diving!

Features:

Samples

• SDS-x comes fully loaded with over 100 samples, each thoughtfully recorded and edited by Simple Drum Samples

• Import your own sounds from the Files app to expand your sample library

• Compatible file types: wav, mp3, aiff, and caf

Pads

• SDS-x has nine pads, each with two sample layers

• Custom name and color for each pad

• Control over sample pitch and level

• Per pad controls for: pan, FX send, trigger mode, sample loop, mono/poly, mute group

• Trigger modes: one-shot, gate, toggle

• Velocity sensitivity option and controls

Perform

• Four FX types: delay and reverb (send), high pass and low pass filters (master)

• Control pad levels and effects sends with the in-app mixer

• Pads can be triggered with MIDI, so you can plug in a pad controller and play with sticks!

• Full screen pads mode for improved experience on smaller devices

• Hard pan option for metronome to run click and samples to FOH on separate channels

Workflow

• Use one of the 20 (and counting!) factory kits or easily make your own

• Drag and drop samples from your in-app library onto a pad to load the sample

• Intuitive XY pad for controlling FX parameters

• Double tap and long press actions for most controls to speed up workflow

• Share user kits via AirDrop, iMessage, and more

• Audiobus 3 and IAA compatible. Play or sequence SDS-x alongside your other music apps!

Practice

• Includes a simple metronome with tap tempo

Comments

• Five minutes of fun and I have to say this is great. I wouldnt have got it if it wasnt free and now I feel guilty.
    App store review should fix that!

• Wow love it!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Thank you!

• I tried this but there is no velocity which makes it less useful to me. Is there a way to turn velocity on?

Thanks

• @yowza said:
    I tried this but there is no velocity which makes it less useful to me. Is there a way to turn velocity on?

Thanks

You can always use Velocity Filter (Blue Mangoo) to add velocity

• For those who have Patterning or EG Pulse (or iMaschine or iMPC Pro), is there any reason to have even a free app like this?

• Low latency.

• @yowza said:
    I tried this but there is no velocity which makes it less useful to me. Is there a way to turn velocity on?

Thanks

Right above the drum pads is a lock icon. Click on it and it will unlock the pads for editing. Click on the pad you want to edit and scroll down the list of options until you get to "Velocity" then turn it on.

• edited March 2020

Exactly what I thought then I downloaded it.❤️😳

@ExAsperis99 said:
    For those who have Patterning or EG Pulse (or iMaschine or iMPC Pro), is there any reason to have even a free app like this?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    For those who have Patterning or EG Pulse (or iMaschine or iMPC Pro), is there any reason to have even a free app like this?

It is normally $12.99.
    I grabbed it just in case I may find it useful in the future.