Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPhone Specific Question —What is the best AU IR/Convolution app for Guitar Cab IRs?

As the heading says, I want to use guitar cab IRs and I want to find the best possible AU for this purpose that works on the iPhone. Thanks!

Comments

• edited March 2020

@Audiojunkie said:
    As the heading says, I want to use guitar cab IRs and I want to find the best possible AU for this purpose that works on the iPhone. Thanks!

Rooms reverb .. thafnar..

This is acoustic .. but concept the same

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

https://apps.apple.com/app/thafknar-record-and-reverb/id572894725
    Not the prettiest thang in the world, but it’s lean and mean. Works for me. B)

• Yeah, ease of use is not the gui’s strong point. So is this the only thing currently available in AU for the iphone?

• It works fine. I don't see why people are so put off by the UI. It's no harder to work with than 100s of things we do every day without thinking about, such as using a microwave. In fact, once you get your IRs into it, it's simple as heck. Getting IR's into it isn't exactly intuitive, but it's not hard to do by any means.

I don't know of any other AU on iPhone. Impulsation may get iPhone treatment. Gospel Musicians hasn't said anything specific about Impulsation, but they did mention that they were working on iPhone versions of some of their synth apps, so maybe.

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Yeah, ease of use is not the gui’s strong point. So is this the only thing currently available in AU for the iphone?

It works great and is very CPU efficient (as far as convolution apps go). And the developer gives great support.

• +1 - the developer is great. The app is inexpensive. It works well. No complaints here.

• Well then, if the support is great, that means A LOT! :smile: I can always ask if I come up with a question. :smile: