Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid: Tips, Tricks, Tutorials, Demos... and Preset sharing.

I thought we could use a specific thread about specific tips and such about Pure Acid by JimAudio... you know, the details, the nitty gritty stuff. And if you have presets you’d like to share, Pure Acid has the ability in the Utilities section of the Settings menu. Post ‘em here.

For other chat, feature requests, bug reports, bug requests 😛, etc. please see the main thread here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34910/pure-acid-by-jim-audio-this-is-the-best-news-ever/

Share the loves! 🌈💀🎧💕

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pure-acid/id1481283602

Batting first... TSTR!

Comments

• edited November 2019

Here are the things it took me a few tries to figure out and may help others just starting:

1. Long press a pattern to initiate 'chained pattern' mode, then drag across all the patterns you want to chain.
    2. Select a pattern then turn the control dial to set the number of repeats when chaining patterns (see #1 above).
    3. Drum fills are great fun, but note you can only put them in edit mode when play is stopped. NB - once a fill has been selected you can always resume play to put it in continuous loop and use tap record to record your fill in real time.
    4. In the drum module, the Total Acc button is used to set global accent for all notes playing on selected steps. Set which steps it should be active on and use the control dial to set how much accent to apply (thanks @R_2). Note - I think a better name for this feature would be position accent
    5. Some of the presets include cheeky 'ghost' drum notes (eg triplets) that appear between the 16th steps. The only way to remove these ghost notes is to enable erase mode and hold the corresponding percussion key down.
    6. It’s not (currently) possible to shift octaves on the piano keys, but if you transpose the current step +/- an octave (or 2) the keyboard will also shift up or down to match the range.
    7. More soon...
    1. me too...? I can’t figure it out
    2. If you touch exactly between the keyboard and the upper module, a small keyboard is displayed with which you can scroll the main keyboard's pitch. Then it disappears by itself.
  • @tk32 said: In the drum module, the Total Acc button is used for... [I'M STILL WORKING THIS OUT - CAN ANYONE HELP?]

Total accent raises the volume for all drums on selected steps. But its default value is 0, so you have to use the dial to hear it work.

• This is from the description, I thought it might be handy to post it here. I liked the results- but I was never sure what was actually happening.
    Var - randomizes accents, slides, octaves but leaves note pitch intact.
    Shuffle - randomizes notes order only, but leaves all notes intact.

• Thanks for all the helpful tips so far. Good stuff!

Little demo of the looper. Lotsa fun for fills and such.

• edited November 2019

Pure Acid Goes Ape! Using two instances of ApeFilter on Pure Acid. Mind your volumes, can get very loud at times. I used TWO limiters on the AUM chain, and it still gets wild and wooly. Lotsa techno fun!

• edited December 2019

Here’s a demo of Pure Acid being run through Sugar Bytes Wow filterbox. Mind your volumes. Despite a limiter, it gets screechy.

• edited March 2020

Ok, the new release is out now and allows multi-outputs. It’s great of course. I had some difficulties finding where to set the output busses so here are some pics if it can help

• I have no tips, I just wanted to post this.

• _ki_ki
    edited March 2020

@cuscolima You forgot to mark the MFX -> buttons on FX A + B, these allow to route the effects to one of the new busses instead :)

• @_ki said:
    @cuscolima You forgot to mark the MFX -> buttons on FX A + B, these allow to route the effects to one of the new busses instead :)

In fact, I haven't found these buttons...can anyone publish a picture with them highlighted in red ?

• edited March 2020

@cuscolima said:
    In fact, I haven't found these buttons...can anyone publish a picture with them highlighted in red ?

Look at the Chorus pedal - to the right of the word Chorus = MFX - push on this to change outputs..

• @royor said:

@cuscolima said:

Look at the Chorus pedal - to the right of the word Chorus = MFX - push on this to change outputs..

Great, thanks

• Tip: LFO at 11 o’clock with the rate around 7 o’clock gives a really nice, smooth transition. Sounds like you’re just gradually manipulating the cutoff knob. Gives it a very classic acid feel.

• The undo button is good for giving your acid jams some consistency. You can play a saved pattern that you are well happy with for say eight bars, hit variation/shuffle and let it play for another eight then undo will revert it to the original saved pattern, then repeat etc.

• @robosardine said:
    The undo button is good for giving your acid jams some consistency. You can play a saved pattern that you are well happy with for say eight bars, hit variation/shuffle and let it play for another eight then undo will revert it to the original saved pattern, then repeat etc.

Nice.

Is there a way to automate this so that it does this automagically on every eighth bar for example?

• I don’t see those buttons exposed as AU parameters, so I can’t see how that could be done.

• @tk32 said:

1. Some of the presets include cheeky 'ghost' drum notes (eg triplets) that appear between the 16th steps. The only way to remove these ghost notes is to enable erase mode and hold the corresponding percussion key down.

If you hold down “step edit” the notes will appear and you can edit them.

• I guess PA still has no MIDI out option? Any idea how to achieve having separate bass layer for e.g. sub bass playing the same notes? Only idea that came to my mind is to use different sequencer, e.g. Rozeta bassline and feed both instances of PA (or even other synth for second layer) with it. But it's a pity as it'd be nice to have everything in PA if possible.
    Thank you for any clever ideas :)

• Just got a midi out update :)
    This is really good now, very useful little sequencer.

• @Carnbot said:
    Just got a midi out update :)
    This is really good now, very useful little sequencer.

I know right. Can use that Bass sequencer out now...

• I inky had chance for a quick play but it goes nicely with agonizer...

• edited December 2020

Ohhhh my goodness. Using the baseline sequencer in a midi track in AUM, to sequence AK 808 is brilliant! Dam I love using this sequencer inside pure acid to drive other synths. it’s extra special on basslines... loving this update! Thanks!

• It’s Rozeta Bassline’s big brother.

• edited December 2020

It’s a creeper... Drum Computer and Pure Acid are like, Bread and Butter... they go well together..

• @RajahP said:

It’s a creeper... Drum Computer and Pure Acid are like, Bread and Butter... they go well together..

That was exactly what I was hoping for🤘🏼

• @RajahP said:

... and that’s one of the reasons I need a new iPad 🎄

• The MIDI out works perfectly for sequencing the Roland Boutique TB-03. 😀

Peace \/
    chisel316
    www.youtube.com/chisel316

• Haven’t picked this up yet, something I’m curious about and can’t find... Is there a way to have the drums stay muted when switching between presets?

• @Model10000 said:
    Haven’t picked this up yet, something I’m curious about and can’t find... Is there a way to have the drums stay muted when switching between presets?

You can save presets with the drum sequencer switched off, or with the drums muted, or with an empty drum pattern.