Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Endlesss coming soon - AppJAM

Been testing this for a long time now, I know there are some others in AB forum in there a fair amount too. Looking forward to release and hopefully some more Forum OGs and newbs will come play too. This is a Jam that I think gives a good snapshot about what Endlesss is and unexpected musical turns that get taken when jamming live with others that don’t happen on your own

Comments

• Endless first than Drambo!

• Kool! I remember when Gaz Williams was talking about this a while back - Should be noice 😉🐬🚀

• Have been enjoying Endlesss for the last few months too, is great fun. Excited to see it finally unleashed on the world!

• There are times I listen to Spotify after spending some time in Endlesss and I say to myself "this is cool but not nearly as cool as some of the jams in Endlesss". Now, granted, that's not every jam on Endlesss as there are some that are still "evolving" into something cool. But pretty cool that a collaborative music app is challenging my listening on Spotify.

• @lukesleepwalker yeah I am finding myself listening to evolving jams in the car now and stuff coming out of Endlesss as good or better to listen to than alot of albums getting put out these days by established electronica peeps

• edited March 2020

i have the beta but i get so confused with it haha like once you press a button the loop starts and can’t find a way to edit it or hear/test a sound first without it becoming a permanent part of my loop...i feel like i’m missing something coz normally i’m good with this stuff.
    no sound auditions?
    no way to delete some crappy patterns?

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    @lukesleepwalker yeah I am finding myself listening to evolving jams in the car now and stuff coming out of Endlesss as good or better to listen to than alot of albums getting put out these days by established electronica peeps

Exactly!

• edited March 2020

@reasOne said:
    i have the beta but i get so confused with it haha like once you press a button the loop starts and can’t find a way to edit it or hear/test a sound first without it becoming a permanent part of my loop...i feel like i’m missing something coz normally i’m good with this stuff.
    no sound auditions?

You can always "go back" to a previous riff if you mess something up. It is possible to delete riffs but I don't see a lot of that in practice. Most people just keep moving. It's all about getting in a flow and letting things happen, rather than painstakingly crafting each individual piece. I could be wrong but I think this emphasis on "flow" is the reason that the resulting music is so creative and excellent.

All this said, it's not going to be for everyone.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@reasOne said:
    no sound auditions?

You can always "go back" to a previous riff if you mess something up. It is possible to delete riffs but I don't see a lot of that in practice. Most people just keep moving. It's all about getting in a flow and letting things happen, rather than painstakingly crafting each individual piece. I could be wrong but I think this emphasis on "flow" is the reason that the resulting music is so creative and excellent.

Yah the Endlesss flow is totally liberating. The editing and crafting can come later on desktop for me when mixing stems together. I really hope it all pans out for me once it is released (subscription price / core feature set) as it could transform my whole approach to music.

• thanks that makes sense. i can’t finger out how to start with a blank canvas... when i press new riff it just creates a new riff of a loop that some one else made. i got it to do it one time but dunno how.
    basically you don’t preview the sounds you just press n pray 🤣 i get that but it is kinda weird to not even know if it’s going to be a piano or string lol

• @reasOne said:
    thanks that makes sense. i can’t finger out how to start with a blank canvas... when i press new riff it just creates a new riff of a loop that some one else made. i got it to do it one time but dunno how.
    basically you don’t preview the sounds you just press n pray 🤣 i get that but it is kinda weird to not even know if it’s going to be a piano or string lol

Have you updated to the latest version of the beta? If you delete the version you have and then update to the latest version, it includes an onboarding flow that I think might help you grok the basics.

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@reasOne said:
    no sound auditions?

Yah the Endlesss flow is totally liberating. The editing and crafting can come later on desktop for me when mixing stems together. I really hope it all pans out for me once it is released (subscription price / core feature set) as it could transform my whole approach to music.

Stereo ins and/or AU hosting support is also necessary for me to make Endlesss central to my workflow. But if I could take stuff that I'm noodling on on my iPad/iPhone into a jam in Endlesss and then bring the stems back out? I hate the idea of subscriptions, but that is one that I would def consider, assuming it's a reasonable amount.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@reasOne said:
    no sound auditions?

Stereo ins and/or AU hosting support is also necessary for me to make Endlesss central to my workflow. But if I could take stuff that I'm noodling on on my iPad/iPhone into a jam in Endlesss and then bring the stems back out? I hate the idea of subscriptions, but that is one that I would def consider, assuming it's a reasonable amount.

I think subscription is inevitable given the server upkeep situation that is central to what I assume is most of the appeal for most people. (For me I would be pretty much just as tickled using it solo and offline but whatever, I never matter ;) ) Stem import or stereo recording is a must for me to subscribe for anything more than a couple dollars. I don't really see how AU support could work very well and think it could be a dev pit that drags the rest down.

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Been testing this for a long time now, I know there are some others in AB forum in there a fair amount too. Looking forward to release and hopefully some more Forum OGs and newbs will come play too. This is a Jam that I think gives a good snapshot about what Endlesss is and unexpected musical turns that get taken when jamming live with others that don’t happen on your own

I really appreciate it!

• just updated thanks got it now