Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Tracks + Explorations: MPC One + iPad Music

edited March 2020 in Creations

Howdy AB Family:

Over the last couple months I've been having a good time using the MPC One to sequence my gear and my most beloved synths on the iPad. So far I have about 13 tracks posted on YouTube, and thought that I'd share them in a new thread. You can find most of these tracks shared in a few other threads, but I thought I'd centralize it all in one creation thread here.

As I get more comfortable with the workflow of the MPC One, I am starting to use a lot of it's onboard instrumentation and effects to play alongside the iPad. The two most recent tracks in the playlist are doing just that, and for some reason, it just feels right and makes the combo of the MPC One+iPad feel like the right toolkit for the type of music I make.

Anyhoo, since we all have some time on our hands, I thought I'd clean up my YouTube channel a bit, and organize it as well...and well, the new playlist can be found here:

MPC ONE + iPad Music:
Thx!

Many thanks to @Spidericemidas for the great patches on most of these tracks, and also thanks to @richardyot for his sweet NS2 Patches. Your sharing makes creating music a lot more interesting.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Cheers,
echo opera

Comments

• I enjoyed that. Thanks.

• edited March 2020

The video to this is very much like my kasina mind machine! Good stuff!

• edited March 2020

Thanks @LinearLineman @MrSmileZ for giving it a viewing. Just trying to keep my Sheltering -in-Place- Sky out of reach so i have something to yearn for during these times.

• Flightless Charms - Beautiful work! The vid and the music together are so mesmerising. I really enjoyed it. Youโ€™ve really found your style, a hardware combo and workflow that is causing you to produce all this amazing stuff! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’•

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Flightless Charms - Beautiful work! The vid and the music together are so mesmerising. I really enjoyed it. Youโ€™ve really found your style, a hardware combo and workflow that is causing you to produce all this amazing stuff! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’•

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.

Hereโ€™s a little overview of how i set things up using the setup:

• @echoopera said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    Flightless Charms - Beautiful work! The vid and the music together are so mesmerising. I really enjoyed it. Youโ€™ve really found your style, a hardware combo and workflow that is causing you to produce all this amazing stuff! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’•

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.

Hereโ€™s a little overview of how i set things up using the setup:

Thatโ€™s a very nice compact setup. I like it. Thanks for the walkthrough, man. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Thank you sir :)

• edited March 2020

Another day in the cave WFH on multiple fronts. This thing is starting to gel with me in a very big way. Thanks as always for giving it a listen.

Hope everyone is doing well:

Here's an Audio Only track you can download as well:

• edited March 2020

Managed to get another track out today...on the lower tempo moody side of things. Starting 4th Week of Shelter-in-Place...and just trying to keep my heart and spirit aligned with the beauty of the universe and all that God has given us.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe and are in good spirits. Peace, love and joy be with you all.

Here's a bit of head music for you while you focus on all the blessings and love in your life:

YouTube:

Feel free to download it and add to your collection. Last two tracks on SoundCloud are available for download.

Cheers!

• edited April 2020

Just created a Playlist of some of my most recent tracks...a nice mix of MPC One compositions and new Drambo jams. As always, thanks for listening :)

https://soundcloud.com/policarpo-wood/sets/memories-of-flow

• Had a good day on the MPC One today and thought I'd share. The two percussive tracks are on the MPC One, while the synths are all on the iPad. I have all audio being routed and mastered into the MPC One and then out to the iPhone.

Many thanks for watching:

• Been a few minutes since I used the MPC One. The release of the Retro units made me dust off the ONE and have it sequence a little song at lunch.

I composed this track using a combination of F9 instruments, KitMaker converted Maschine Kits and Aparillo/Quanta combo with mastering on the iPad.

The ONE is a great little sequencer.

As always, thanks for listening:

• And as alwaysโ€ฆa nice little video to accompany the track ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’•

• Good stuff!. ๐Ÿ™Œ
    So what are you liking better, MPC one or Maschine+ ?

• edited May 2021

@tahiche Many thanks for listening and watching.

I like them both. They're different instruments and both have pros and cons...but either choice is a great one for sequencing.

• Iโ€™m Gassing hard for that new Retro edition, haha
    But I was going to save for the new iPad...

• Another little jam from lunch today.

All synths and drums on MPC with exception of an instance of Factory and DRC on the iPad. Mixed/Mastered in AUM using my usual recipe of ToneBoosters and Klevgrand stack:

• edited May 2021

Keeping on the renewed energy with the MPC One...here's another track to get your Weekend Going!

• edited May 2021

Decided to use the MPC One to sequence some kit in Ableton and really liked where this ended up and hope you do too ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผโ„ข๏ธ

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/wS8vAkLwKCfah8TM9

I know it isnโ€™t iPad enabled but thought Iโ€™d share nonetheless ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’•