Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPadOS and iOS 13.4 out now

Trackpad support and iCloud Drive folder sharing, not sure what else of interest....

Comments

• iOS 13.4

Memoji

• Nine new Memoji stickers, including Smiling Face with Hearts, Hands Pressed Together, and Party Face

Files

• iCloud Drive folder sharing from the Files app
    • Controls to limit access only to people you explicitly invite or grant access to anyone with the folder link
    • Permissions to choose who can make changes and upload files and who can only view and download files

Mail

• Always-visible controls to delete, move, reply to, or compose a message in conversation view
    • Responses to encrypted emails are automatically encrypted when you have configured S/MIME

App Store with Apple Arcade

• Universal Purchase support enables the use of a singular purchase of a participating app across iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
    • Recently played Arcade games appear in the Arcade tab so you can continue playing on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
    • List view for See All Games

CarPlay

• Third-party navigation app support for the CarPlay Dashboard
    • In-call information appears on the CarPlay Dashboard

Augmented Reality

• AR Quick Look supports audio playback in USDZ files

Keyboard

• Predictive typing support for Arabic

This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:

• Adds status bar indicator to display when VPN has disconnected on iPhone models with all-screen displays
    • Fixes an issue in Camera where the viewfinder may appear as a black screen after launch
    • Addresses an issue where Photos may appear to use excess storage
    • Resolves an issue in Photos that may prevent sharing an image to Messages if iMessage is disabled
    • Fixes an issue in Mail where messages may appear out of order
    • Addresses an issue in Mail where the conversation list may display empty rows
    • Resolves an issue where Mail may crash when tapping the Share button in Quick Look
    • Fixes an issue in Settings where cellular data may incorrectly display as off
    • Addresses an issue in Safari where webpages may not be inverted when both Dark Mode and Smart Invert are active
    • Resolves an issue where text copied from web content may appear invisible when pasted when Dark Mode is active
    • Fixes an issue in Safari where a CAPTCHA tile may display incorrectly
    • Addresses an issue where Reminders may not issue new notifications for an overdue recurring reminder until it is marked as completed
    • Resolves an issue where Reminders may send notifications for completed reminders
    • Fixes an issue where iCloud Drive appears to be available in Pages, Numbers, and Keynote even when not signed in
    • Addresses an issue in Apple Music where music videos may not stream in high quality
    • Resolves an issue where CarPlay may lose its connection in certain vehicles
    • Fixes an issue in CarPlay where the view in Maps may move away briefly from the current area
    • Addresses an issue in the Home app where tapping an activity notification from a security camera may open a different recording
    • Resolves an issue where Shortcuts may not appear when tapping on the Share menu from a screenshot
    • Improves the Burmese keyboard so punctuation symbols are now accessible from numbers and symbols
  • Nice! Thanks for posting this.

• Proper mouse and trackpad support too (will test with my Air 2 once it's downloaded, too slow internet today).

• Updated my Air 3.

Quickly started some project in Cubasis 3, nanostudio 2, AudioBus and AUM.
    Seems to work.

• tjatja
    edited March 2020

I hate it already.

They replaced the Safari "Open in new Tab" on long-pressing a link with a simple "Open", which is the same as simply tapping the link.

You now need "Open in Background" instead, which is only the second option, not the first anymore.

What a stupid change.

• edited March 2020

@tja Oh no I use that all the time. No way to switch in Safari Settings? (My fingertips are too wide for the 2-finger open in new tab.)

• tjatja
    edited March 2020

@Sequencer1 said:
    @tja Oh no I use that all the time. No way to switch in Safari Settings? (My fingertips are too wide for the 2-finger open in new tab.)

Not sure if we understand each other.

It looks like this now:

• Oh okay, just need to reset muscle memory. Thanks! :)

• I just two-finger tap on the links to open in the background in a new tab, still works just fine...

• Can't do the 2-finger tap, super wide fingertips. Years of acoustic guitar I guess. :)

• tjatja
    edited March 2020

@Samu said:
    I just two-finger tap on the links to open in the background in a new tab, still works just fine...

OMG.

Hearing that the first time.... :o

I still don't like those multiple choice variations for a user interface.

But such things would be great as additional option that can be configured.

Going to try this, but as it seems, it can only work on links that are long enough?!?
    Then better a menu on long press, in my book.

Anyway, many thanks for this relevation!

EDIT: I disabled additional gestures in the settings, so this does not seem to work - which is great for me.

• I can report that IOS 13.4 has now fixed all the problems I was having with my Line 6 SonicPort VX.

• And does mobilepod unlock and work?

• @tja I just checked. In Safari Settings, disable 'Open New Tabs in Background'. That should restore 'Open in New Tab'.

• Ahhh, many thanks, @Sequencer1
    Going to check those options.

Still don't understand why "Open" is there and why it is on the first row.
    Maybe because of cursor support and mouse?

Earlier, it looked like this:

• The mouse and keyboard feature is excellent... I mean for a feature that should have been available on the release of the first iPad, its great.

It really is a welcome feature, I can see myself using this quite a lot when i need to get more computery work done.

• @Hmtx said:
    The mouse and keyboard feature is excellent... I mean for a feature that should have been available on the release of the first iPad, its great.

It really is a welcome feature, I can see myself using this quite a lot when i need to get more computery work done.

I did not yet test 13.4 with Mouse and Keyboard.
    What exactly changed compared to the last iPadOS?

• @tja I didn’t use it very much on the last version. It was technically an “accessibility” feature and had to be set up deep down in the Settings. The cursor was a huge button that essentially acted like a finger tap on the screen, it just was not a very smooth process.

The new 13.4 feature is much more advanced, feels and works like regular mouse support. The real test will be to see how it performs inside a Remote Desktop setting. ...haven’t tried that yet

• edited March 2020

How is memory management? Updating IOS versions is almost as stressful as going out into public these days 😳 Any of our music apps broken with 13.4 yet? Gonna hang tight myself and watch for a while before upgrading. Thanks to the brave souls who are early adopters of these new releases 👍

• @Pierre118 said:

• Universal Purchase support enables the use of a singular purchase of a participating app across iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV

Does this mean the end of the situation where if you've already bought a Universal App, you get the roulette wheel of it saying it's going to charge you when you download it on another device, before then saying it's free?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@Pierre118 said:

Does this mean the end of the situation where if you've already bought a Universal App, you get the roulette wheel of it saying it's going to charge you when you download it on another device, before then saying it's free?

I hope so.....

• So I play touchscreen keys a lot in my music workflow, is there any annoying bullshit gestures or anything of that nature that is going to open some function I don’t want while I’m trying to play?

• Downloading the update now. Thanks for the update.

• I have installed ios 13.4 today. I have kept my devices on Ios 12 so far because of the line 6 devices bug.
    Now I want to use IOS 13 New features including reading and lmporting files from hard drives via USB 3 camera adapter. I have plugged a mobile battery as prescribed but when I plug one of my hard drives or Usb Keys none are recognized; there is no icon related to these devices appearing into the files app.
    What am I doing wrong ?
    This is so frustrating. Please help me!

• @Johnba said:
    I have installed ios 13.4 today. I have kept my devices on Ios 12 so far because of the line 6 devices bug.
    Now I want to use IOS 13 New features including reading and lmporting files from hard drives via USB 3 camera adapter. I have plugged a mobile battery as prescribed but when I plug one of my hard drives or Usb Keys none are recognized; there is no icon related to these devices appearing into the files app.
    What am I doing wrong ?

What 'Format' are your devices formatted as?
    If it's NTFS it's a no-go due to licensing issues, use exFAT instead...

• @Samu said:

@Johnba said:
    I have installed ios 13.4 today. I have kept my devices on Ios 12 so far because of the line 6 devices bug.
    What am I doing wrong ?

What 'Format' are your devices formatted as?
    If it's NTFS it's a no-go due to licensing issues, use exFAT instead...

Thanks a lot Samu, my man !!!!!
    It works now !

• @Pierre118 said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Pierre118 said:

I hope so.....

Universal to iOS and OSX.

• @animalelder said:

@Pierre118 said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Pierre118 said:

I hope so.....

Universal to iOS and OSX.

No way. This is awesome.
    Although I expect app developers to increase the price of apps because of this.
    Better get all Fab Filter plugins (lol).

• lol @Samflash3 I forgot about the Apple TV OS, that might be included as well. But I am guessing that this is going to be mainly games and productivity apps for a while until a brave dev like FAC or Bram decides to try.

AUv3 plugins can be used in a few apps like Logic and GarageBand. I guess we will see!