Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sorting playlist in the dreaded iTunes

I hate iTunes, but it's all I have on this Mac at the moment. Just tried dragging a few mp3's of various artists into the playlist, but it automatically sorts the tracks alphabetically.

Searched the web, Apple help is useless, and it seems there was an option in previous versions to sort 'manually', as they're dragged across, but that's no longer there. I can sort by album, date, genre etc. etc., but not drag them into place manually.

Ridiculous, that the most basic functionality isn't there - I'm hoping I'm missing something - any ideas?

If not, anyone know of a safe, free alternative?

Thanks

Comments

• Are you using iTunes or the new music app that comes with Catalina?

• edited March 2020

@YourJunk said:
    Are you using iTunes or the new music app that comes with Catalina?

Ah, just iTunes - didn't know about the music app - is that any good?

Ah hang on, no I'm using 'Music', that must be the app...

• When you go to edit the playlist, there should be the little hamburger menu thing on the right to drag and drop. Do you have that?

• edited March 2020

@YourJunk said:
    When you go to edit the playlist, there should be the little hamburger menu thing on the right to drag and drop. Do you have that?

Yes got that..I can order the tracks in that window (history), but it just ignores the order in the main list on the left...

Quite amazing that Apple have actually managed to replace iTunes with something worse.

• @MonzoPro said:

@YourJunk said:
    When you go to edit the playlist, there should be the little hamburger menu thing on the right to drag and drop. Do you have that?

Yes got that..I can order the tracks in that window (history), but it just ignores the order in the main list on the left...

I’m not in front of my MacBook now but there should be a “sort by” that says something like playlist order or sort order.

• edited March 2020

@YourJunk said:

@MonzoPro said:

@YourJunk said:

I’m not in front of my MacBook now but there should be a “sort by” that says something like playlist order or sort order.

Yeah there is, if you right-click, but it has every single option you can think of, except allowing me to add tracks as they're added across, or sorting manually, and won't let me manually arrange them in the window.