Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Maybe this app it's out there, I hope it's out there

Hi, I consider myself a novice in the app realm, and I'm sure some of you can help me!
I'm a drummer, and I'm using the ipad as the only "electronic/digital" device for my solo set, mostly for live effects/ live sampling, no drum machine, no pre-made samples.
Aum3, Borderlands, anything from Amazing noise, iVoxel and some effects app (delay et similar) are my way to go, but I'm looking for something that will have this features:

-ability to set and control whichever/some parameters over time (e.g.: reduce the attack from 600 to 20 in 15 minutes, or add reverb from x to y over z minutes, reduce the volume in 3 minutes)
-maybe set a gate level that when it's hit/reached triggers some sounds or action
-randomize what just described above
-doesn't need no ableton link, best case scenario also no external hardware
-it's does not need to talk directly to each app (that will be very hard I guess), it can be a "general" effects to be applied at the end of the chain right before the output

Basically my need is to have something autonomous that works by setting it in advance or at any point of a live performance, that allows me to keep on playing in a creative and challenging way, since I don't want to stay all the time with the hands on my ipad!
I really have no idea if what I'masking is impossible/possible/already done/naiive, but I find this forum helpful so many times already, maybe you can help me also with this one!

Comments

• edited March 2020

I would set up something like this with Nanostudio 2 and Obsidian.
    The attack, reverb amount and volumes can all be automated on a track without notes being played. You can then record inside Obsidian and play live and all the knobs are moved automatically while the song cursor moves forward.
    Obsidian also has several LFOs that can generate random waveforms either hard-stepped or smoothly changing.

• @rs2000 said:
    I would set up something like this with Nanostudio 2 and Obsidian.
    The attack, reverb amount and volumes can all be automated on a track without notes being played. You can then record inside Obsidian and play live and all the knobs are moved automatically while the song cursor moves forward.

So basically it means to record into a pre setted sequencer right? (I mean nanostudio2 has a sequencer structure If i'm not mistaking...). That's one approach I didn't consider actually, thank you, I'll try it! maybe one little drawback in this solution is the slowness of the process? (Maybe it's just me not being good with sequencers in general, that's why I'm looking for something simpler somehow)

• Another more flexible option would be miRack. Audio in/out, MIDi control and a bunch of recorders, processors, sequencers, modulation sources...

If you take the time then you should be able to build a custom environment that does everything you need, and it runs even on an iPhone 😃

• got it but miRack it's waaay to complex for a simple boy like me :'( ...I need something quick and easy I guess , that's why I'm looking for a single app or similar!