Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 is on sale

$33.99 in AppStore

Comments

• Are the in-app purchases also on sale? And does anyone have opinions on which ones are worth getting?

• I'm thinking of getting Cubasis 2. Worth?

(Never thought I'd be saying this lol)

• It’s a great app, but it’s been superseded and won’t be getting feature upgrades, only maintenance updates. If that idea bothers you then best to hold out for Cubasis 3 once it’s stable and gets a few missing features.

That said, it’s mean a mainstay for years for none other than the likes of Jakob Haq and Doug.

• Are there features in C2 not found in C3”

• LFSLFS
    edited March 2020

@fattigman said:
    Are there features in C2 not found in C3”

Hi @fattigman,

Cubasis 3 is a full rewrite from scratch.

While the app includes almost all Cubasis 2 features, plus further improvements for many of them, Apple Pencil support and the MiniSampler edit functionality was missing.

In a few days, Cubasis 3.0.2 will be released, adding Apple Pencil support and bringing back the MiniSampler edit functionality, alongside several other improvements.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@fattigman said:

Hi @fattigman,

While the app includes almost all Cubasis 2 features, plus further improvements for many of them, Apple Pencil support and the MiniSampler edit functionality was missing.

In a few days, Cubasis 3.0.2 will be released, adding Apple Pencil support and bringing back the MiniSampler edit functionality, alongside several other improvements.

Best wishes,
    Lars

Thank you Lars. Looking forward to play with C3

• @ZoneTripper said:
    Are the in-app purchases also on sale? And does anyone have opinions on which ones are worth getting?

Making sure the sale is available in time, it is activated shortly before the announcements, which will follow tomorrow morning our time.

To answer your question: All instrument and plug-in in-app purchases are 50% off during the sale.

Best wishes
    & stay healthy,
    Lars

• @LFS A question. I´ve bought Cubasis 2016 and over the years the IAP:s. But my Q is if I buy the Cubasis 3 on my new iTunes account is it any chance to get the IAP transfered to that account?

Thanks in advance
    /Marcus

• @marcuspresident said:
    @LFS A question. I´ve bought Cubasis 2016 and over the years the IAP:s. But my Q is if I buy the Cubasis 3 on my new iTunes account is it any chance to get the IAP transfered to that account?

Thanks in advance
    /Marcus

Hi Marcus,

I would think the purchases has to use the same accounts.
    Here are the steps again:

• Make sure Cubasis 2.8.2 or better is installed on your iPad
    • Launch Cubasis 3 and open the in-app shop
    • Follow the instructions shown in the IAP Transfer pop-up

Important
    In some cases, it is required to open the in-app shop in Cubasis 2, once the app has launched itself (being triggered from the "Transfer" popup button).

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @fattigman said:

@LFS said:

@fattigman said:

Hi @fattigman,

Best wishes,
    Lars

Thank you Lars. Looking forward to play with C3

Hi @fattigman,

Hope you will enjoy, using Cubasis 3!

Best,
    Lars

• On the fence here. Even on sale, it is still a relatively pricey app.
    Honestly I'm quite happy with NanoStudio2, and the mass of AUv3 that I've purchase over the last few months.
    I read some pretty bad reviews on C3 especially with how buggy it is and the broken handling of AUv3 midi.
    Also I'm Using iPhone 8+ which is resource-limited.

• @LFS Is the sale price in Australia $52.99?

• @god said:
    On the fence here. Even on sale, it is still a relatively pricey app.
    Honestly I'm quite happy with NanoStudio2, and the mass of AUv3 that I've purchase over the last few months.
    I read some pretty bad reviews on C3 especially with how buggy it is and the broken handling of AUv3 midi.

Yes, also on the fence.

Cubasis 2 was much better before the latest updates, which was disappointing.
    If i could be sure that C3 get's totally fixed, i would continue to support Steinberg.

I heard the first time, that IAP can be transferred from C2 to C3, which is very good and increases the chance that i buy C3.

Anybody did transfer those IAP already? Does it work?

• @Thelast27 said:
    @LFS Is the sale price in Australia $52.99?

In Sweden the sale price isn't displayed just yet, so could be the same in Australia I guess.
    Either that, or Apple is going bonkers with their exchange rate brackets, but the current price in Swedish currency is what the "regular" price translates to.

• What about a sale price for updating from CB2 to CB3 ?
    Would love to make the jump, but paying for CB3 even at half price seems steep for a long time user
    Just wondering...

• @Thelast27 That sounds about right. It was about $80 full price. Love the Aussie App Store pricing....

• @Nicebutfun said:
    What about a sale price for updating from CB2 to CB3 ?
    Would love to make the jump, but paying for CB3 even at half price seems steep for a long time user
    Just wondering...

Sounds like you already got a lot of value from that “long time usage” Of C2 then.

• @tja said:

@god said:
    On the fence here. Even on sale, it is still a relatively pricey app.

Yes, also on the fence.

Cubasis 2 was much better before the latest updates, which was disappointing.
    If i could be sure that C3 get's totally fixed, i would continue to support Steinberg.

I heard the first time, that IAP can be transferred from C2 to C3, which is very good and increases the chance that i buy C3.

Anybody did transfer those IAP already? Does it work?

yes, very easy.

• You're right as usual Mr Bram
    Wasn't complaining, just asking
    The budget for apps has been blown this month
    Just thought there was no harm in asking

• @Nicebutfun said:
    You're right as usual Mr Bram
    Wasn't complaining, just asking
    The budget for apps has been blown this month
    Just thought there was no harm in asking

There's rarely harm in asking :)

• I'm looking forward to the next Cubasis 3.0.2 update!
    iPadOS13.4 will drop later today too :)

Had a few random crashes yesterday freezing AUv3's...
    It's not fully repeatable so it's likely iPadOS memory management as it went away after a reboot...

I'll be taking a serious look at the new 11" iPadPro with 6GB of ram & 128GB is enough storage for me :)
    (I've been and still am happy with a 64GB iPad Air 2).

The only downside with the Air 2 is that it's starting to show its age when using newer apps that push the CPU...
    (I skipped beta for one app since I could barely do two notes at once without everything crackling up with usable latency).

I'm happy with the Cubasis 3 purchase. It's a LOT smoother than Cubasis 2 ever was on the iPad Air 2...

• @Samu said:
    I'm looking forward to the next Cubasis 3.0.2 update!
    iPadOS13.4 will drop later today too :)

Had a few random crashes yesterday freezing AUv3's...
    It's not fully repeatable so it's likely iPadOS memory management as it went away after a reboot...

I'll be taking a serious look at the new 11" iPadPro with 6GB of ram & 128GB is enough storage for me :)
    (I've been and still am happy with a 64GB iPad Air 2).

The only downside with the Air 2 is that it's starting to show its age when using newer apps that push the CPU...
    (I skipped beta for one app since I could barely do two notes at once without everything crackling up with usable latency).

I'm happy with the Cubasis 3 purchase. It's a LOT smoother than Cubasis 2 ever was on the iPad Air 2...

The channel strip looks interesting. Does it sound as good as it looks?

• The big problem I still have is trying to load multiple AUv3’s. Three instances of Noir (which is pretty light from my understanding), two instances of Shockwave (probably fairly resource heavy granted), and some Dubstation 2 has a project completely unusable. All I get is random noise.

That being said, nothing beats the layout and overall flow. And I have yet to have a project break using the native plugins.

• @YourJunk said:
    The big problem I still have is trying to load multiple AUv3’s. Three instances of Noir (which is pretty light from my understanding), two instances of Shockwave (probably fairly resource heavy granted), and some Dubstation 2 has a project completely unusable. All I get is random noise.

That being said, nothing beats the layout and overall flow. And I have yet to have a project break using the native plugins.

This sounds pretty bad. What device are you using?

• @jolico said:

>

As far as I know the channel strip is the same as in Cubasis 2.

• @Samu said:

@jolico said:

>

As far as I know the channel strip is the same as in Cubasis 2.

I haven’t tested cubasis 2 either, because I’m only on iPhone

• @LFS does C3 have channel presets? We’re all spoiled by the mixer in AUM. The ability to save an instrument an all its effects as a channel preset and import it into another session is a huge time saver.

• @hellquist said:

@Thelast27 said:

In Sweden the sale price isn't displayed just yet, so could be the same in Australia I guess.
    Either that, or Apple is going bonkers with their exchange rate brackets, but the current price in Swedish currency is what the "regular" price translates to.

Hmm...now the price has changed in the Swedish store. It now costs the equivalent of $41 USD (compared to the $34 in the US which is the advertised sale price). Apples price "brackets" never cease to amaze me, as this is quite far from the 32% discount, regardless of how one counts.

• @Thelast27 said:

Hi @Thelast27,

In App Store Connect I see this price information Australia (AUD) $46.99.
    But being located in Germany I can't give you a guarantee here.

Best,
    Lars

• @god said:

@YourJunk said:
    The big problem I still have is trying to load multiple AUv3’s. Three instances of Noir (which is pretty light from my understanding), two instances of Shockwave (probably fairly resource heavy granted), and some Dubstation 2 has a project completely unusable. All I get is random noise.

This sounds pretty bad. What device are you using?

Happens on my iPhone 11 and iPad 7th gen. Granted not the most processing power but I can rock similar setups with Xequence 2 and AUM without any issues.