Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"One Finger Glass" created with a Mozaic Script in beta

McDMcD
edited March 2020 in Creations

I created Mozaic script to automate 4 harmonized melodies.
The music was created by manipulating Mosaic GUI Knobs for:

1. PPQN
  2. Transposition
  3. 4 Note Lengths
  4. 4 Volumes
  5. 4 Rates to Create Poly Rhythms
  6. Forward or Reverse Sequencing Option

The MIDI notes is can modify the sequencer function but this example is static based up a fixed sequence array.

I'll put the script up when I get the Knobs labeled better and add a couple more options to the GUI like Strum for the chords maybe and a scale selector so a piece can shift between major, minor, pentatonic on the fly using the same melodic shapes. And maybe a knob to select from a few built-in melodic patterns.

It's a tribute to the music of Phillip Glass and can also provide Steve Reich like ostinato productions
that morph over time.

Comments

• Ooh, I’m liking this , very useful and impressive... looking forward to experimenting!
    Keep up the excellent work @McD !

• Sounds great @McD I’ll definitely give this a Wurlitzer

• @McD said:
    I created Mozaic script to automate 4 harmonized melodies.
    The music was created by manipulating Mosaic GUI Knobs for:

1. PPQN
    2. Transposition
    3. 4 Note Lengths
    4. 4 Volumes
    5. 4 Rates to Create Poly Rhythms
    6. Forward or Reverse Sequencing Option

The MIDI notes is can modify the sequencer function but this example is static based up a fixed sequence array.

I'll put the script up when I get the Knobs labeled better and add a couple more options to the GUI like Strum for the chords maybe and a scale selector so a piece can shift between major, minor, pentatonic on the fly using the same melodic shapes. And maybe a knob to select from a few built-in melodic patterns.

It's a tribute to the music of Phillip Glass and can also provide Steve Reich like ostinato productions
    that morph over time.

Sounds groovy, what Moziac Script did you use?

• Really choice stuff. I'd look forward to trying out the script.

• Nice dude

• @Toastedghost said:
    Sounds groovy, what Mozaic Script did you use?

I'm in the process of writing it now. I'll put in on PatchStorage as a "work in progress" in a few days when I have all the 22 knobs defined.

• @id_23 said:
    Ooh, I’m liking this , very useful and impressive... looking forward to experimenting!
    Keep up the excellent work @McD !

Thank you for giving it a listen. I appreciate the feedback.

• @Krupa said:
    Sounds great @McD I’ll definitely give this a Wurlitzer

Great. I'd like to hear what people can make with it when it's done.

• @Scarred_Archimedes said:
    Really choice stuff. I'd look forward to trying out the script.

Thanks. I hope it's as fun for you as it has been test driving it.

• Really nice, I like it. Would love to try the script

• edited March 2020

Steve Reich is a huge inspiration. Awesome. Thanks. I’m gonna try it out. Let us know!

• A big part of Reich’s thing is phasing where two similar or identical parts play simultaneously but rhythmically out of phase with each other. Not sure I hear that in this script yet maybe with two instances going out of phase with each other. Regardless this very a cool script!

• @yowza said:
    A big part of Reich’s thing is phasing where two similar or identical parts play simultaneously but rhythmically out of phase with each other. Not sure I hear that in this script yet maybe with two instances going out of phase with each other. Regardless this very a cool script!

Good point. There are some settings with this current instance where the poly rhythms
    can give that ostinato feeling of Reich's music to my ear. It's probably better not to label this tool as something other than a 4 voice harmonically aligned pattern generator.

At one point I sent one of the voices into "Factory Synth" with an Arp-based preset and then the note length knob would dial in these short multi-note segments. That really opened up a lot more complexity in the mix. But making a demo would have been misleading and made someone wonder what knob did THAT.

Thanks for the listen. I know our ears are valuable resources.