Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FRMS - Granular Synthesizer from Imaginando

FRMS (pronounced frames) gives granular synthesis a musical edge by mixing it with subtractive and FM synthesis to produce a wide variety of possible timbres. From heavily-dense ambient drones, to glitchy mechanical beings, turn simple sounds into complex evolving soundscapes, with up to four layers of synthesis in any combination.

FRMS is available for Windows, Mac OS, iOS and Android. All versions use the same high-quality audio engine and support Imaginando Cloud Sync, so you can go granular on the go!

Features:

• 3 synth engines, 4 layers per voice
  • Granular, Subtractive, FM
  • 8 FM modes, layers as operators
  • Granulate Samples or Live Audio
  • Up to 20 grains per layer
  • 1 modulation matrix per layer
  • 2 EG’s per layer
  • 1 filter per layer and a master filter
  • 8 voices polyphony
  • 4 LFO’s with 5 modes
  • Arpeggiator with 5 modes
  • Delay and Reverb FX as layer send
  • High Quality Sample Bank
  • Built-in Audio Recorder
  • MPE Compatible
  • Ableton Link

https://www.imaginando.pt/products/frms

Comments

• Not yet available on iOS I believe

• Soon on iOS?

• Jesus. That looks incredible.

• Ah, I was on my iPhone cause I thought it was universal. Are there plans for that since the website states iOS and iPad OS seperately?

• Also do my regular reminder to everyone that Imaginado do great videos on sound design. One of the best free resources out there.

• Dammit, I’m a sucka for granular synths

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Dammit, I’m a sucka for granular synths

Same here lol probably will get it after I tried the free desktop version

• I really like it, powerful, flexible and straightforward!

• I'm playing on Desktop and...

FINALLY!!! First time that I played a Granular Synth and found some beatiful and new.

I just sliced some 0-coast samples and add two layers of FM.

Amazing.

• Have not gotten this yet, but states built-in audio recorder so I suppose it can also be inserted in the FX slot in AUM to allow it to record audio?

• FRMS (pronounced frames) so name it Frames, developers pfft.

• Looks great - is it AUV3 ?

• Bought it❤️

• is great.
    but quite cpu heavy.
    only 1 voice on iPad air 1.
    4 voices on iPad air 3 and no problems...

• Randomiser is great, yes AUv3 included, not an AU effect though.

• Bought. Looking forward to investigating it - Imaginando is a really great developer.

• This is really excellent @sinosoidal

One little defect I found. Click on the 'solo' button when hosted in AUM and it craps out completely.

I can see this taking a lot of my attention for the next few weeks.

• @waka_x said:
    is great.
    but quite cpu heavy.
    only 1 voice on iPad air 1.
    4 voices on iPad air 3 and no problems...

This is also the reason why one should not buy the new iPad but wait for 2021!

• @Zaubrer said:

Ah, I was on my iPhone cause I thought it was universal. Are there plans for that since the website states iOS and iPad OS seperately?

I’d like to know this too..

• @Samu said:
    Have not gotten this yet, but states built-in audio recorder so I suppose it can also be inserted in the FX slot in AUM to allow it to record audio?

No, doesn't appear for the effect slots in AUM.

• edited March 2020

This is really good, but I'm not sure how you record into the input or use custom samples...seems like this is impossible for now
    Edit: ok standalone records in

• edited March 2020

How do you load your own samples? I can only choose from Factory samples or System > Recordings. I checked the manual but this is only for PC/Mac I am afraid.

• @Jocphone said:

@Samu said:
    Have not gotten this yet, but states built-in audio recorder so I suppose it can also be inserted in the FX slot in AUM to allow it to record audio?

Too bad, means sampling can only be done in stand-alone?!
    Hope that will get fixed in a future update, preferably with multi input support.

• if anyone figures out how to load one owns samples
    pls explain here :)
    thanks

• @Carnbot said:
    This is really good, but I'm not sure how you record into the input or use custom samples...seems like this is impossible for now

We must be missing something, if this plugin does not allow you to load your own samples its useless for me.

• edited March 2020

@stellaremodular said:

@Carnbot said:

We must be missing something, if this plugin does not allow you to load your own samples its useless for me.

Maybe there’s a way, not sure yet, can’t see a folder in the Files app, hopefully @sinosoidal will add this if not :)
    But you can record with the standalone, just not sounds from the same iPad for now I think.

• Does AU state saving with own (imported) samples work - is the correct patch reloaded ?

• @Samu said:

@Jocphone said:

@Samu said:

Too bad, means sampling can only be done in stand-alone?!
    Hope that will get fixed in a future update, preferably with multi input support.

Yes. Recording in the effects slot would be cool.

What would multi input would bring us? Surely we can do that routing in AUM or another host anyway?