Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flow - multi-track midi sequencer/looper for Mozaic - UPDATE w/CC automation, strumming & ratcheting

124»

Comments

• @Peblin said:

@crifytosp said:
    @Peblin I understand that a double tap will delete a step or part. can’t quite grok removing a single voice from a chord.
    can it be done? I tried to follow ur instructions..

Sorry, I was confused... Flow doesn’t support removing a single voice :( I haven’t figured out how to put that feature into the UI. What I typically do is to set the voice all way down to C-1 using the part edit mode. C-1 is usually not audible in most synths/mixes :smile:
    Tap a step, then the part you want to change, then SHIFT to access the part editor.
    I might treat C-1 as ”don’t play voice”/deleted in the future unless people really really need that note.

@reasOne said:
    i don’t know if i’m doing something wrong or if it does not sync with the host but i cannot get the timing right on live recording to match up with the metronome, i play a note as the metro clicks but it isn’t captured right.... and it appears the white pad that follows the step is playing /moving in time but the notes hit the wrong pad or off the beat . one loop that i did record as step input drifted way off beat as i was messing with the settings...i put a note on every 4 but it was way off time with the metronome after a few minutes

I’ll check and see if I can reproduce the ”drift”. Does this only happen when you fiddle with settings at the same time?
    Flow is pretty naive/optimistic when it comes to timing and if there are UI events that cause it to miss a beat it will miss it forever since it doesn’t listen to events like OnNewBeat/OnNewBar. I’ll probably change that in the future so that internal timing is re-synced every bar with the host but if I remember correctly these events weren’t really reliable in the early days of Mozaic so I removed any attempts I did then from the code.

hey man, well i felt like i was having great luck / timing when i first loaded it up. then i decided to explore the options a bit more and that’s when i started to notice the riff was not in sync with aum.
    i cleared all the events and tried to record again with the off result so i closed aum and stared a new session. same thing. maybe my ipad needs a reboot... i’ve not much time to get back to it since but i am going to reboot and launch it today, and report back
    it’s a great script tho i had a lot of fun jamming with it, very strait forward much appreciated to have in ios!

• Photon has these independent playback controls for every pad. Which can be midi mapped in AUM.
    This is like fugue but with midi control of all the things that are great in fugue, but still are non existing.
    Its like a realtime version of Fugue this way if you copy the same pattern to multiple pads.
    This is like a Enso for midi. But Photon is not really a good option for looping in a creative flow.

@Peblin

Would be great if Flow could do this and also have knobs or sliders to control these values for every pattern.

• @tpj said:
    Photon has these independent playback controls for every pad. Which can be midi mapped in AUM.
    This is like fugue but with midi control of all the things that are great in fugue, but still are non existing.
    Its like a realtime version of Fugue this way if you copy the same pattern to multiple pads.
    This is like a Enso for midi. But Photon is not really a good option for looping in a creative flow.

@Peblin

Would be great if Flow could do this and also have knobs or sliders to control these values for every pattern.

Interesting idea, thanks. Unfortunately I have very little time to spend developing Flow these days, and it seems as if Drambo is about to drop a significantly improved sequencer in the not-too-distant future that might feature many of these things. I realise Drambo isn't really offering the "immediate" / OP-Z style workflow that Flow has - yet, but with a few additions it might.

right @giku_beepstreet ? :smile: