Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg monologue

I have a korg monologue on the way next week, traded a bass that needed to exit my house for it. Any tips, tricks, thoughts, apps that go well with it or expand functionality, anything like that? I’m not thinking about things like loopers or DAW’s, I’m set in that department. Also, I have a behri model D and this should pair nicely with it.

I also have a puc+, so I’ll see how this synth gets along with geoshred, etc.

Semihollow hofner club bass copy got replaced with an old, fully hollow Japanese Hofner violin bass copy with a super comfy slim neck, and when the monologue was offered in trade for the club bass copy, that worked for me. I’ve been watching some videos of it and am excited, it’s definitely a different flavor than the moog.

Comments

• @mrufino1 said:
    I have a korg monologue on the way next week, traded a bass that needed to exit my house for it. Any tips, tricks, thoughts, apps that go well with it or expand functionality, anything like that? I’m not thinking about things like loopers or DAW’s, I’m set in that department. Also, I have a behri model D and this should pair nicely with it.

I also have a puc+, so I’ll see how this synth gets along with geoshred, etc.

Semihollow hofner club bass copy got replaced with an old, fully hollow Japanese Hofner violin bass copy with a super comfy slim neck, and when the monologue was offered in trade for the club bass copy, that worked for me. I’ve been watching some videos of it and am excited, it’s definitely a different flavor than the moog.

Take some time to play exclusively with the Monologue and its sequencer.
    That's what it's about. Be playful and see what its minimal synth engine can do nonetheless.

• edited March 2020

The basics

Tips and tricks

Love the monologue, thinking of getting a second one.

Would recommend grabbing Wilsonic from the AppStore so you can add ancient scales and make custom micro-tuning.

The scala files can be loaded via the Korg editor software on desktop.

• Ah, didnt know there was an editor, that’s a good start! I’ve seen that tips and tricks video already. And anything by marc doty is through, I’ll definitely be watching his videos.

I’ll check out wilsonic, don’t know that one.

And yes, good tip about the sequencer and trying things out that way, I will do that.

• Cool, good find! I do look forward to programming it myself, but always good to have starting points.

• Much of a drum machine as a bass Synth.

• @SpartanClownTide said:
    Much of a drum machine as a bass Synth.

Very true, on the hunt for a second one to use for bass/lead sounds!

• Get a marker and draw lines on the knobs. I got a silver edding 780, fits perfectly in the groove, no mess

• @branis said:
    Get a marker and draw lines on the knobs. I got a silver edding 780, fits perfectly in the groove, no mess

That looks useful!

• did the exact same thing with my Monologue. Edding 780 in the groove.

• And I just saw in the minilogue xd thread that taipei has a preset mapping for monologue, I’m going to have to check that out. I haven’t opened gadget in a while.

• My monologue arrived this afternoon, it sounds great, very different my model D (I expected that). It’s really fun right away, I’m glad I got it.