Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Roland Go:mixer... PRO!

That’s where the Go:Mixer Pro comes in. It’s a stereo in/stereo out interface to phones and smartphones and computers, but it’s also a mixer. (It’s a standalone mixer, too, and you might even wind up using it just as much as that.)

You can connect and mix multiple inputs (9 channels in, 2 channels out):

Two 1/8″ stereo line inputs (for other mobile gadgets, a drum machine, a synth, whatever)
Two 1/4″ instrument inputs (two mono or one stereo pair)
Guitar/bass instrument 1/4″ jack input
Minijack plug-in mic (for a lapel mic, etc.)
One XLR/jack combo mic connection with phantom power

Pics.

Details.
http://cdm.link/2018/07/your-smartphone-needs-a-pocket-mixer-roland-gomixer-pro-review/

Comments

• Looks like no CCK is needed to connect this one which is always nice, less dongles but no way to charge at the same time unless the iPhone is on a tilted wire-less charger :)

• edited July 2018

So close to being awesome. I really wish it was a usb hub as well. Notation came close to my needs with the audiohub but lacks proper inputs. The only Interface that checks all my boxes is the Arturia Audiofuse but it’s too expensive.

• @Approach said:
    So close to being awesome. I really wish it was a usb hub as well. Notation came close to my needs with the audiohub but lacks proper inputs. The only Interface that checks all my boxes is the Arturia Audiofuse but it’s too expensive.

I've got the Steinberg UR-242 and I'm happy with it :)
    Sure it needs wall-power so that might disqualify it for some use-cases.

• @Samu said:
    Looks like no CCK is needed to connect this one which is always nice, less dongles but no way to charge at the same time unless the iPhone is on a tilted wire-less charger :)

The onboard batteries will help mitigate iOS device drainage, though, right? Not charging the device, but at least addresses the drainage issue.

I think this one is interesting, although the Zoom U44 has a lot of the same ground covered for way less $$$.

• edited July 2018

I'm reading 9 inputs yet I only see 5 volume controls and I'm fairly sure one is for the master volume. For those yet to invest in a cck that will be a money saver. You will end up with one for the midi controllers and hub eventually!

The Yamaha AG-06 can do more than this, excellent effects onboard, separate monitor output, 3 switchable modes for the audio interface on the mixer panel and great drivers make it a Swiss Army knife. it just needs USB powerbank for mobile use.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I'm reading 9 inputs yet I only see 5 volume controls and I'm fairly sure one is for the master volume. For those yet to invest in a cck that will be a money saver. You will end up with one for the midi controllers and hub eventually!

The Yamaha AG-06 can do more than this, excellent effects onboard, separate monitor output, 3 switchable modes for the mixer panel and great drivers make it a Swiss Army knife. it just needs USB powerbank for mobile use.

The other inputs are two 1/8 inch stereo inputs- control the volume on the device

• No Midi or Charging of IOS hardware, missing opportunity , but still a decent unit.

• I reviewed the original Go and found it to be poor quality all round. From what I’m reading, this one looks better. It could hardly be worse though.

• edited July 2018

@mistercharlie said:
    I reviewed the original Go and found it to be poor quality all round. From what I’m reading, this one looks better. It could hardly be worse though.

Good review, I was considering getting the original Go. Wish I’d seen your review earlier, but fortunately didn’t get one in the end anyway. Not sure if the ‘Pro’ version fixes the issue of dry signals out, bypassing the fx.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

The Yamaha AG-06 can do more than this, excellent effects onboard, separate monitor output, 3 switchable modes for the mixer panel and great drivers make it a Swiss Army knife. it just needs USB powerbank for mobile use.

The other inputs are two 1/8 inch stereo inputs- control the volume on the device

I had realised this, just seems a missed opportunity not to have volume on the unit itself. I can't imagine adjusting volume on iOS devices and the mixer dials at the same time would be much fun!

• Price: $169.99 USD
    Pros: Sturdier. Battery Powered. Phantom 48V.
    Cons: The addition of Battery and XLR do add to the size of the machine vs the 5-input Go:Mixer at $99. The battery does NOT power the IOS device.

• edited March 2020

I used a Go Mixer Pro to record this demo of the RM-1N fuzz reverb.

Violin -> Condor Preamp/EQ -> RM-1N -> Retrofier MCM amp (line out) -> Go Mixer Pro

Unfortunately the documentation is quite poor and it's difficult to get help on using this thing.

• rcfrcf
    edited March 2020

With so many musicians using multiple mobile devices, it's about time they considered making 4x4 versions of these mini mixer/audio interfaces. I want to be able to live record my two iDevices onto separate pairs of stereo tracks; a single stereo mix of multiple input devices isn't particularly useful to me.

• edited March 2020

@rcf said:
    With so many musicians using multiple mobile devices, it's about time they considered making 4x4 versions of these mini mixer/audio interfaces. I want to be able to live record my two iDevices onto separate pairs of stereo tracks; a single stereo mix of multiple input devices isn't particularly useful to me.

Have a look at the tc helicon blender.

https://www.tc-helicon.com/Categories/Tchelicon/Mobile/Mixers/BLENDER/p/P0CPR#googtrans(en|en)

• Most definitely @rcf

Alesis had a fairly compact multi-out mixer in the past. The Soundcraft signature MTK-12 is tempting and very affordable for what's on there but not exactly portable.

• Thanks @BiancaNeve, however, it looks to me like the mixing section is 12x8, but used as a usb audio interface it only supports 12x2? I have used the Zoom U-44 but I'm not keen on having to rely on the capsule extra for the 2nd two inputs.... and it's not a mixer. ;-)

• @rcf said:

Thanks @BiancaNeve, however, it looks to me like the mixing section is 12x8, but used as a usb audio interface it only supports 12x2? I have used the Zoom U-44 but I'm not keen on having to rely on the capsule extra for the 2nd two inputs.... and it's not a mixer. ;-)

In the video they are recording different devices into different tracks in GarageBand

• rcfrcf
    edited March 2020

@BiancaNeve said:
    In the video they are recording different devices into different tracks in GarageBand

Great stuff; it does appear to work. I'm just a little confused by their terminology, as in the first link they definitely describe it as a 12x2 usb audio interface?

On viewing the demo video again they say at 12 seconds in, that it's capable of making a multitrack stereo recording? It's not clear what was actually recorded because they didn't show it at the end of the video (3 separate tracks of audio or 1 stereo mix of 3 audio inputs)? It needs clarification, but definitely interesting...