Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria pro and IpadOS

Comments

• edited March 2020

I can’t use it because it doesn’t recognize more then 9 midi input I have more lot more than 9 midi input and no way to access my hardware.
    If any one has a clue or an adress to contact WaveMachine labs or any support address?
    Thanks

• @Jeezs said:
    I can’t use it because it doesn’t recognize more then 9 midi input I have more lot more than 9 midi input and no way to access my hardware.
    If any one has a clue or an adress to contact WaveMachine labs or any support address?
    Thanks

Their forum is:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/index.php

Their support page:
    http://auriaapp.com/Support/auria-support

• edited March 2020

This is what is fixed/added in up coming version.

• Added new MIDI enable button
    • Added Audio Unit side chain support
    • Added support for iOS 13
    • Fixed issue with AU plugins causing freezing when loaded into AUX slots
    • Fixed issue with track naming when dragging audio into Auria from the Files app
    • Fixed issue with AU plugins not being saved when freezing tracks
    • Fixed issue with zip file decompression
    • Fixed issue with restoring certain purchases
    • Added support for recording busses
    • Fixed issue with Audiobus names being cut off at the end
    • Fixed issue with Audiobus port assignments not being remembered
    • Added support for buffer sizes larger than 512 when using MIDI
    • Fixed issue with Lyra keyboard not defaulting to its specific track
    • Added support for Use Audiobus 3 (Audio only)
    • Fixed issue with Velocity Rescale
    • Fixed issue with dragging a stereo audio file into a track
    • Fixed issue with freezing / unfreezing causing CPU meter to peak
    • Fixed preset name issue when unfreezing an AU effect
    • Fixed issue with bus recording being mono only
    • Fixed bus recording latency issue
    • Fixed issue with AU plugins in AUX slots not receiving audio
    • Added side chain support for MIDI tracks
  • Update released!

• Is any sale for Auria Pro foreseen during this period? I'd love to buy it!

• Fingers fucking crossed and hope held high.

• @lsd87 said:
    Update released!

Anybody brave enough to try it. I am in a middle of a project. Kinda scare to upgrade. But on flip side I’d it fix all my crashes.

• edited March 2020

@ecou said:

@lsd87 said:
    Update released!

Anybody brave enough to try it. I am in a middle of a project. Kinda scare to upgrade. But on flip side I’d it fix all my crashes.

I'm going to get amongst it right now. Nothing to lose. I love Auria, but for several months have found it essentially (to me) unusable because of myriad constant crashes. To the point I deleted everything and started again. For now, I am holding my breath hopeful.

• @ecou said:

@lsd87 said:
    Update released!

I updated and loaded an old project and didn’t have any issues with it

• This new version should be much more stable than previous one for everyone since all major bugs have been fixed, so I don’t see any problem updating at this time. I’ve been beta testing it and it really works way better in my opinion.
    There are a number of other fixes that I wish the developer had included in this release, but unfortunately he has a daytime job and has very little time available for Auria.
    He promised to include all pending fixes for next upcoming update.

• edited March 2020

Haven't given it the full Formula One but have walked it gently round the block. Better so far :) Too scared to be my usual excitable self, but v. hopeful. Would be lovely to have Auria back in my DAW life...

• Thanks for the infos

• edited March 2020

Just updated to Auria Pro 2.240 in IPadOS 13.3.1. on my 2nd gen IPad Pro 12.9. I loaded up the demo song “Heartbeats”, (which has a nice mix of audio and midi), then liberally sprinkled a bunch of FabFilter and PSP plugins across the mix. Played around with things for about 15 minutes and everything seems to be working perfectly. Very encouraging, though of course, YMMV. :)

• @Rodolfo said:
    This new version should be much more stable than previous one for everyone since all major bugs have been fixed, so I don’t see any problem updating at this time. I’ve been beta testing it and it really works way better in my opinion.
    There are a number of other fixes that I wish the developer had included in this release, but unfortunately he has a daytime job and has very little time available for Auria.

+1

• @Rodolfo said:
    This new version should be much more stable than previous one for everyone since all major bugs have been fixed, so I don’t see any problem updating at this time. I’ve been beta testing it and it really works way better in my opinion.

Yeah, it’s hard work to develop and maintain such an app like Auria Pro!
    10 month since last update, but, time flies by when you’re an evening developer...

Thanks to Rim for continuing this amazing iPad DAW!

• Better, but still many odd crashes. Especially when adding FX (and therefore perhaps a different fault etc.). These problems are coming with loading old projects as well, so am going to reboot (again) and try some fresh work this morning...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Better, but still many odd crashes. Especially when adding FX (and therefore perhaps a different fault etc.). These problems are coming with loading old projects as well, so am going to reboot (again) and try some fresh work this morning...

It would be super helpful if you would list fx you are having trouble with and maybe screen record some setups that crash. RIM gets very few reports with specifics and so can't address those cases.

• @espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Better, but still many odd crashes. Especially when adding FX (and therefore perhaps a different fault etc.). These problems are coming with loading old projects as well, so am going to reboot (again) and try some fresh work this morning...

It would be super helpful if you would list fx you are having trouble with and maybe screen record some setups that crash. RIM gets very few reports with specifics and so can't address those cases.

Heard and understood.

• He was busy on a big update of drumagog. Hopefully Auria will receive a little more love on Rim this year.

• Such a welcome update, I always come back to the FF Saturn, Volcano, & Timeless plug-ins time & time again. I’ve been using my iPad to master audio files for my Octatrack machine.

• Still crashes on launch for me. Rim has the crash logs.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Still crashes on launch for me. Rim has the crash logs.

Hmmm. Out of (self)interest what os/machine are you on?

• Thanks for the feedback. I've just submitted a follow-up update to Apple that addresses some stability issues on newer iOS version. It should be available in the next day or two.

Rim

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Have not been haunting the Auria forum for some time, anyone have any clues or guesses as to there being an update in the pipe? Still having myriad sad probs over here in Austin etc.

There is an update being worked right now, if you have specific issues it would be a good idea to report them on the Auria forum.

Thank you Richard. It's a hard one, because I have many many different crashes (which I always send a note in about), but I don't know why I'm having them. It's essentially unusable for me currently. I am tempted to back up everything (not easy from where I sit) and delete/reinstall. But if there's a shot at an update in the next month or two I might wait and see etc. Frustrating (for me, me, me), because Auria in essence is absolutely my favorite DAW thing and also the one I know best/have invested the most time/money/hope into. Usual stuff...urgent and momentarily heart-breaking, but not on a par with someone having their roof blown off :)

There is a beta in process. RIM will add you to the list if you ask.

Unfortunately, most people of that have problems, don't seem to provide much in the way of specific information -- which makes it hard for him to know what is going on. A lot of people have no problems. And, at this point, there aren't many specific reports to help understand what is going on -- are the problems related to particular plug-ins or configurations, etc.

Clearly, there are issues but until some folks start providing some concrete information -- either recipes for reproducing bugs, or screen captures that show how the project is set up and demonstrate the crashes, he doesn't have much to go on. I sense that the built-in bug reporting feature is only marginally helpful -- I am not even sure if he is getting the reports or not.

I know it is frustrating for the people running into problems, but I think it is frustrating for the dev, too -- he really is trying to investigate and fix bugs but the reports he gets tend to be vague.

I hear you. And make no mistake, I am a believer in the product and the developer also.

I imagine it will be down to one or two very specific AUv3s, if you can at least identify those then it makes the whole process much easier.

Might well be. I run pretty much everything through AB and most of that that's incoming is IAA, BUT of course, AU3 effects thereafter often....will try some more testing/variations....

If you did a screen capture video that shows everything that you are using and shows what is launched and the AB session that might be very helpful. It might be something simple -- or it might be something that has a number of elements that are all related. It could well be related to IAA stuff, too.

If you get on the beta list, it would really help. I'd love to see these bugs nailed

I'll take a look. Thanks for the encouragement.

I’ve been having a ton of trouble with crashes in Auria Pro the past few months as well. And it’s not consistent issues, and it varies across lots and lots of projects. There is no consistent use of AUv3s or anything; some have no effects on them at all. I have things like: one project where there’s one track that I can’t delete, neither the track nor the audio file. Crashes every time. I have another where it crashes whenever I try to move an edge or change a fade. I have another where it crashes whenever I try to save to Dropbox (even though I do that with every project). Another where it happens if I try to add an effect (AuriaPro native, AUv3, IAA, doesn’t matter). The list goes on and on. I used to submit crash reports with specific info. I’ve tried at least five times to register for the forum, etc. One time I submitted a crash report, in response to the question: ‘what were you doing when it crashed?’ My answer was: “praying for an update”. Auria Pro is vital to me, so I’ve been soldiering through, and I eagerly await the update. Can’t say I’m thrilled with the support, but I’m still a devout fan and use it almost every day.

@JohnnyGoodyear My advice is to not delete / reinstall, particularly if you’ve bought any of the IRs. After you restore purchases, it won’t finish uncompressing and won’t finish re-installing. I finally figured out a workaround, which is to not restore purchases. Then re-purchase all the non-IR and non-Drumagog plugins, and say yes to reinstall for free. You just have to make sure you don’t accidentally re-purchase something you didn’t purchase in the first place (spent $30 on FabFilter Q2 because I’d forgotten that I bought an upgrade from v1). I saw on the forum that this is not an uncommon problem. If I had access to the forum, I’d have told them about the workaround.

I chalk it up to some deep-seated fight between my iPad’s (iPad Pro 2018 12.9”) inner workings and AuriaPro, since so many are blissfully unaware of these because it’s always been stable for them, across iPad versions and OS versions.

Someday soon, I’l be set free again.

• @mulletsaison said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Have not been haunting the Auria forum for some time, anyone have any clues or guesses as to there being an update in the pipe? Still having myriad sad probs over here in Austin etc.

There is an update being worked right now, if you have specific issues it would be a good idea to report them on the Auria forum.

Thank you Richard. It's a hard one, because I have many many different crashes (which I always send a note in about), but I don't know why I'm having them. It's essentially unusable for me currently. I am tempted to back up everything (not easy from where I sit) and delete/reinstall. But if there's a shot at an update in the next month or two I might wait and see etc. Frustrating (for me, me, me), because Auria in essence is absolutely my favorite DAW thing and also the one I know best/have invested the most time/money/hope into. Usual stuff...urgent and momentarily heart-breaking, but not on a par with someone having their roof blown off :)

Unfortunately, most people of that have problems, don't seem to provide much in the way of specific information -- which makes it hard for him to know what is going on. A lot of people have no problems. And, at this point, there aren't many specific reports to help understand what is going on -- are the problems related to particular plug-ins or configurations, etc.

Clearly, there are issues but until some folks start providing some concrete information -- either recipes for reproducing bugs, or screen captures that show how the project is set up and demonstrate the crashes, he doesn't have much to go on. I sense that the built-in bug reporting feature is only marginally helpful -- I am not even sure if he is getting the reports or not.

I know it is frustrating for the people running into problems, but I think it is frustrating for the dev, too -- he really is trying to investigate and fix bugs but the reports he gets tend to be vague.

I hear you. And make no mistake, I am a believer in the product and the developer also.

I imagine it will be down to one or two very specific AUv3s, if you can at least identify those then it makes the whole process much easier.

Might well be. I run pretty much everything through AB and most of that that's incoming is IAA, BUT of course, AU3 effects thereafter often....will try some more testing/variations....

If you did a screen capture video that shows everything that you are using and shows what is launched and the AB session that might be very helpful. It might be something simple -- or it might be something that has a number of elements that are all related. It could well be related to IAA stuff, too.

If you get on the beta list, it would really help. I'd love to see these bugs nailed

I’ve been having a ton of trouble with crashes in Auria Pro the past few months as well. And it’s not consistent issues, and it varies across lots and lots of projects. There is no consistent use of AUv3s or anything; some have no effects on them at all. I have things like: one project where there’s one track that I can’t delete, neither the track nor the audio file. Crashes every time. I have another where it crashes whenever I try to move an edge or change a fade. I have another where it crashes whenever I try to save to Dropbox (even though I do that with every project). Another where it happens if I try to add an effect (AuriaPro native, AUv3, IAA, doesn’t matter). The list goes on and on. I used to submit crash reports with specific info. I’ve tried at least five times to register for the forum, etc. One time I submitted a crash report, in response to the question: ‘what were you doing when it crashed?’ My answer was: “praying for an update”. Auria Pro is vital to me, so I’ve been soldiering through, and I eagerly await the update. Can’t say I’m thrilled with the support, but I’m still a devout fan and use it almost every day.

@JohnnyGoodyear My advice is to not delete / reinstall, particularly if you’ve bought any of the IRs. After you restore purchases, it won’t finish uncompressing and won’t finish re-installing. I finally figured out a workaround, which is to not restore purchases. Then re-purchase all the non-IR and non-Drumagog plugins, and say yes to reinstall for free. You just have to make sure you don’t accidentally re-purchase something you didn’t purchase in the first place (spent $30 on FabFilter Q2 because I’d forgotten that I bought an upgrade from v1). I saw on the forum that this is not an uncommon problem. If I had access to the forum, I’d have told them about the workaround.

I chalk it up to some deep-seated fight between my iPad’s (iPad Pro 2018 12.9”) inner workings and AuriaPro, since so many are blissfully unaware of these because it’s always been stable for them, across iPad versions and OS versions.

@WaveMachineLabs

• @mulletsaison said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Makes frustrating sense :)

And when confused and frustrated one looks for correlations of any kind and the fact that I also have a iPad Pro 2018 12.9” makes my conspiratorial heart pick up pace...

• @mulletsaison, I'm not aware of any issues with crashing like you describe, that's really surprising. If you come up with a consistent way to recreate any of these issues (starting from a new project and following exact steps to get to the issue), it would help me figure out what's going on in your case. I just released an update that addresses a few crashing issues with iOS 13.3.1 although it doesn't sound like they're related to what you're describing.

Rim

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mulletsaison said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Makes frustrating sense :)

And when confused and frustrated one looks for correlations of any kind and the fact that I also have a iPad Pro 2018 12.9” makes my conspiratorial heart pick up pace...

I hear you. I don’t know if it’s coincidence or correlation. I’d love it if it was the latter, because then I’d be hopeful of a solution.

@WaveMachineLabs would it help to send you actual project files? Again, it’s the lack of a consistent set of conditions that has been most challenging...

• edited March 2020

@WaveMachineLabs
    Just to say that I’ve also tried several times to join the forum but I have received no email.
    I love Auria Pro and use it every day, but I do have an issue with unwanted intermittent sustain when playing the keyboards in the app. Notes get « stuck » for a while, both with the drop-down keyboard and the keyboard in Lyra.
    Brilliant app, though. Thanks for creating it!