Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Thank you!!!!

• Wasn't expecting this!

Just wondering what features are unlocked by purchasing the full version?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Wasn't expecting this!

Just wondering what features are unlocked by purchasing the full version?

Saving songs and full audio export options.

• Cheers @benkamen

Like the idea of Patterning in my pocket, will give it a spin now!

• edited March 2020

Alas, no probability?

• edited March 2020

Sweet. Very usable on the small screen. Thank you @benkamen

• Yes, very usable! A total delight to play with. Sorry I didn't meant to be the guy who criticizes a new app the second it drops! Can I have a do-over? It's just that Patterning's probability is excellent. Although I guess it would be easy enough to make a beat and share to Patterning 2 on the iPad. Either way: BOUGHT.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Alas, no probability?

That’s easy for me to add. Will do in update.

• @benkamen said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Alas, no probability?

Amazing. Have just seen. Buying. Thanks for doing this Ben!

• @benkamen said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Alas, no probability?

thank you!!!

• been a pleasure beta testing this! the final release is great!!

• Nice surprise today - thanks.

Admittedly disappointed that we cannot create our own drum kits. The ease with which I can do that in Patterning 2 would be a godsend on the iPhone version.

That aside, I noticed that there is iCloud support but I don’t see where a folder has been created, even after saving a quick beat. How do we set this up or is that a placeholder in the Settings page for a future feature?

• Awesome I’m going to try it!

• Sorry but... I own both Patterning 1 and 2 and now I have to pay again for less features on iPhone and still no AUv3... ?

• sorry but as much as i enjoy patterning, i won’t pay a second time...

• Gladly payed for the phone version: takes work to make a phone UI this nice.

Thank you for your awesome apps!

• Before I buy I would want to to know what is different from the ipad version

• edited March 2020

This is a free app, the advantage is portability. Nobody is being forced into paying anything.

Owners of patterning 1 and 2 can now run 3 instances simultaneously. Not sure why that would ever be necessary but it’s possible now.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    This is a free app, the advantage is you portability. Nobody is being forced into paying anything.

Owners of patterning 1 and 2 can now run 3 instances simultaneously. Not sure why that would ever be necessary but it’s possible now.

Patterning 1 is gone from the App Store.

• @klattgalvin said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    This is a free app, the advantage is you portability. Nobody is being forced into paying anything.

Owners can still download and use it

• @klattgalvin said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

ya “owners” you had to buy it back in the good ol days

patterning 1 is the reason i bought my ipad 😎

that’s right @BlueGreenSpiral 3 patternings at one time! def not needed but i’m sure as heck going to do it 🤣

• @Zaubrer said:

@klattgalvin said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Owners can still download and use it

Not on IPadOS they cannot. Exporting audio no longer works functionally.

• I own 1 and 2 and purchased the unlock for the iPhone. It looks like a lot of work went into getting the core features of one of the deepest drum apps on iOS into a form factor that’s very usable on a phone. How many universal apps can you really say that about? I have a bunch I never use on my phone because they’re not scaled well for the small screen.

• Loving it thanks Ben!

• Congrats on the release @benkamen
    This will make it much easier to use Patterning during my commute :)

Not sure if it has been mentioned but there are two demo links in the menu. The one on the main screen directs to the demo, but the other (in the more section) seems to go to
    your youtube page (same as the YouTube link).

Also want to put my hand up for probability.

Thanks again!

• @DYMS said:
    Congrats on the release @benkamen
    This will make it much easier to use Patterning during my commute :)

Not sure if it has been mentioned but there are two demo links in the menu. The one on the main screen directs to the demo, but the other (in the more section) seems to go to
    your youtube page (same as the YouTube link).

Oops! Thanks :smile:

• edited March 2020

@benkamen
    Any chance for a horizontal orientation or a slide over mode for the iphone versions use on the iPad?

Do the various versions Patterning 1, 2 and phone share the same sample (download) library?

Great stuff and thank you.