Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Facetime with External mic?

This doesn’t seem possible as it uses the internal mic but maybe there is a trick. Has anyone done this?

Comments

• You should be able to use like, the ear buds with little inline mic. Audio quality should be better for the person on the other end, that way, because the mic is closer to your face, and there is no audio from the speaker in the room.

Not sure if you could use an audio interface, and say, a condenser mic, because, they have to do extensive processing on a known microphone and speaker type, position to make sure there aren’t feedback problems with the sound coming out of the speaker getting picked up by the microphone. Be interesting to know though, if you could stream direct audio from your interface to someone on the other end. The latency would likely be too much for jamming, but maybe one day!

• Pull up the control center, click on the circles with the arrow inside where it lets you stop/play Music, select the audio device you want to use. Try that. I don’t know if it will work, but it might. I have no way of testing this as I disabled FaceTime and I’m at work on break.

• edited March 2020

you could always get one of those splitter cables that splits mic and headphones from single plug. Then hook a mic via audio interfaces(or mixer, or mic preamp or what evers) output to it(and ofc headphone out of the splitter cable to your headphones or what ever you monitor with). Ofc you wouldnt get the best sound possible, but its a trick that would allow this

• Hmmm, yah would love to just get nice stereo sound from an audio interface piping through. Tried google hangouts but no dice there either.

• @ToMess said:
    you could always get one of those splitter cables that splits mic and headphones from single plug. Then hook a mic via audio interfaces(or mixer, or mic preamp or what evers) output to it(and ofc headphone out of the splitter cable to your headphones or what ever you monitor with). Ofc you wouldnt get the best sound possible, but its a trick that would allow this

Yes, piping line audio into the ipad’s Headset mic input isn’t ideal, you have to pad the audio way down, and then it goes through the mic processing. I’ve tried it with guitar, and it works, and it’s cheap, but the sound was notably altered.

• Would love to hear from folks who have made this work.

• edited March 2020

Well looks like the Zoom app supports audio interface input. Everything is massively crunched down and in mono but it works...