Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fun with Effectrix and Riffer

I thought I would have a play with Riffer in infinite mode triggering Effectrix scenes via midi. Rather fun!

Comments

• Wow, so much sound from one sample! Really enjoyed that.

• @RJB said:
    Wow, so much sound from one sample! Really enjoyed that.

Cheers. The sample is a beat I made in SeekBeats. It’s just a little use case test really. I was just curious about the midi trigger function in Effectrix. There is a lot of potential there in sending a constantly changing sequence at it.

• Clever idea. I wouldn’t have thought of that ever so thanks for sharing.

• edited March 2020

Could you explain a little more about how this is done? What a cool effect! (I get how to route the midi in AUM, just not how to configure riffer and effectrix)

• @gusgranite said:
    I thought I would have a play with Riffer in infinite mode triggering Effectrix scenes via midi. Rather fun!

An interesting way of having a fiddle I hadn't thought of, thanks.... :)

• @Pitje said:
    Could you explain a little more about how this is done? What a cool effect! (I get how to route the midi in AUM, just not how to configure riffer and effectrix)

Sure. Bit of a longer video here that might help. Make sure you use the midi version of Effectrix. You just select each midi trigger key and add the FX yo7 want (I just randomize each one in the vid). Then set the timing you want in Riffer, keep the note range the same as the Effectrix midi notes, set it to infinite looping mode and randomize away (or not!). The FX is over cooked in this video but you get the idea.

• Nice
    I liked that a lot
    Thanks for sharing

• 👍

Any other FX you can do this with, I wonder? Turnado?

• I just had a mess with flux but didn’t get that far yet...

• Thank you! Really helpful :)

• Thank you for the tip! Had fun with this setup.

• @Pitje said:

All you need is an AUv3 sequencer like Atom, BeatHawk, Riffer, Fugue Machine etc. and route its MIDI output to the Effectrix input.

@gusgranite said:
    👍

Any other FX you can do this with, I wonder? Turnado?

Thesys also has MIDI triggers for sequencing tricks, Egoist can launch slice patterns and hit individual slices over MIDI (like Virsyn ReSlice). Dunno about Turnado, I think it requires a sequencer that can send MIDI CC (like BeatHawk).

But basically AUM can route MIDI CC, notes and program change messages to any AUv3 parameter so you can build Effectrix-like AUM sessions if you have the appropriate AUv3 plugins. It's just much more fiddly than using Effectrix.