Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

While we're all cooped up inside, here're some Loopy Pro updates

Comments

• @wim said:
    I'm really sad about no MIDI looping. :|

I'm sure I'd buy an Underwater Yodeling app just because it's @Michael. But I'd say I need another audio looper just about as much.

I didn't say no MIDI looping! I'm just gonna probably do it after the initial release.

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@Michael said:

@wim said:

I'm sure I'd buy an Underwater Yodeling app just because it's @Michael. But I'd say I need another audio looper just about as much.

I didn't say no MIDI looping! I'm just gonna probably do it after the initial release.

I know. But I still feel the same. Don't need it. Will get it. Will love it. Will still be sad until MIDI looping comes.

• @wim said:

@Michael said:

@wim said:

I know. But I still feel the same. Don't need it. Will get it. Will love it. Will still be sad until MIDI looping comes.

Hehe - okay. I'll try not to drag my feet too much on it.

• I new the sad puppy eyes I was making earnestly into the webcam would work. o:)

• Well, I’m not sad at all. I produce quite a lot of music with Loopy HD, and the prospect of a Loopy with expanded production capabilities is exciting to say the least. This is my most anticipated app.

• Thank you!!

• @wim said:
    I new the sad puppy eyes I was making earnestly into the webcam would work. o:)

Some of your finest begging there. I do hope he can effectively add MIDI too.
    It would go along way towards making a loop-based DAW with a mixer interface.

I personally would like a limited product that commits to road map features like Nanostudio used to get revenue and then ship the iPhone and an eventual audio recording feature. Waiting for all 3 means we'd still not have Obsidian to
    use now. I'd take an Audio Loopy Pro now and start making stuff. But I'm a
    live keyboard music builder by nature and a Looper allows for a lot of "takes" to get cleaner productions.

@Michael's word is good enough... "I'll add it." Sell me something soon.

This feature request loop happen with the @Blue_Mangoo "Amp Sim" and we're still waiting but they made an open/free beta to allow work to proceed.
    But they also have concerns about ROI and Time to Break Even.

• edited March 2020

I'm also very conscious that it's been nearly six years since I announced the start of development (blame Audiobus and my son!), and I just wanna ship soon 😄

• @iammane said:
    Can someone explain this for the totally uninitiated?! Admittedly I never tried Loopy... but damn this UI is gorgeous!!! So my curiosity is piqued lol

Never tried Loopy?..... :o .... Quick!..... Quick!.... Call The Guards!.... Call The Guards!...... Call The Militia!...... :D

• @Michael said:
    I'm also very conscious that it's been nearly six years since I announced the start of development (blame Audiobus and my son!), and I just wanna ship soon 😄

Why not just implement it inside Audiobus? It will give a new life to it and maybe less work for you?
    In the end if you are going to implement AUv3 plugs and routing... could be even more integrated if done directly inside it? I know is not going to happen but I can imagine that marvel in my mind...

Anyways it will be an instabuy whatever you drop Sir :hatsoff:

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@Michael said:

Why not just implement it inside Audiobus? It will give a new life to it and maybe less work for you?
    In the end if you are going to implement AUv3 plugs and routing... could be even more integrated if done directly inside it? I know is not going to happen but I can imagine that marvel in my mind...

Anyways it will be an instabuy whatever you drop Sir :hatsoff:

I’ve been thinking in the same way!

• Really looking forward to this, @Michael. Hit me up if you do a beta with AB users!

• Looking good - Multiple outs for AUM and apeMatrix I hope in the AUv3 version?

• Exciting!
    Am I understanding this correctly: we will have the ability to open and use Loopy Pro, record external audio, use AU effects all without using a host- audiobus, aum, cubasis etc??

• @Michael said:

@wim said:

Never mind the MIDI looping, what about the Underwater Yodeling?

:)

• @Deskscape said:

@Michael said:

@wim said:

Never mind the MIDI looping, what about the Underwater Yodeling?

:)

That seems like a hardware rather than a software issue.

• @VinylDinosaur said:
    Looking good - Multiple outs for AUM and apeMatrix I hope in the AUv3 version?

Yeah probably.

@hibjshop said:
    Exciting!
    Am I understanding this correctly: we will have the ability to open and use Loopy Pro, record external audio, use AU effects all without using a host- audiobus, aum, cubasis etc??

Yep - Loopy Pro itself is a host.

• @Michael said:
    Yep - Loopy Pro itself is a host.

I never thought I'd want another Host app but one that sync's loops? and would have sync'ed MIDI on it's roadmap. MUST HAVE. Release the beast ASAP. "Pro-Lo" Mega-thread.

People are saying it will support FaceID with Wink-to-Start/Stop transports... I shit you.

3D touch will use the 3rd D for Modulation control.

You can network Clusters of IOS devices and they will all sync to the "Michael Master Clock" (MMC) and share presets using Bank Robbing Technology.

Please feel free to make up anticipated features so Michael can support a massive Roadmap of uncommitted ideas.

• 3D touch will use the 3rd D for Modulation control.

Funny you should mention it, I was actually thinking about this, before I realised that 3D Touch is no longer a thing

• @Michael said:

3D touch will use the 3rd D for Modulation control.

Funny you should mention it, I was actually thinking about this, before I realised that 3D Touch is no longer a thing

I thought it might be too "on the nose" as a joke. And "Funny you should mention it" isn't a literal LOL. More of a head scratcher about accidental truths. Back to writer's room.

Apple's new iPad Pro has a touch pad so there will in a lot more stuff to contemplate in future music UI's.

• One looper to rule them all... the final looping app ever build 💪🏼

• edited March 2020

And here's Loopy hosting an AU as part of an effect preset (in a chain with an EQ). The parameters of the AU can be bound to X or Y on the effect pads on the main screen (as many parameters as you like bound to XY), and controlled via a MIDI controller too.

Loopy will automatically load and manage multiple instances of the AU so it can apply it via multiple sends and inserts, as needed.

• Ship a 1.0 ASAP and keep adding enhancement/updates for the first 6 months. Get paid early for the work. It could be a massive hit even without MIDI Looping and a commitment to add it is enough for most. Waiting for it just delays income. My opinion.

• @McD said:
    Ship a 1.0 ASAP and keep adding enhancement/updates for the first 6 months. Get paid early for the work. It could be a massive hit even without MIDI Looping and a commitment to add it is enough for most. Waiting for it just delays income. My opinion.

This is pretty much my default position, yeah. Release early and often. It is a balancing act, though - the response vis a vis MIDI looping is strong enough to make me wonder if lots of folks will see the launch and say "Oh, another audio-only looper, how underwhelming" and neglect to pay further attention when it actually arrives.

• Yep, listen to @McD for once. I mean it, only this time. No more, no less

@Michael said:

@McD said:
    Ship a 1.0 ASAP and keep adding enhancement/updates for the first 6 months. Get paid early for the work. It could be a massive hit even without MIDI Looping and a commitment to add it is enough for most. Waiting for it just delays income. My opinion.

This is pretty much my default position, yeah. Release early and often. It is a balancing act, though - the response vis a vis MIDI looping is strong enough to make me wonder if lots of folks will see the launch and say "Oh, another audio-only looper, how underwhelming" and neglect to pay further attention when it actually arrives.

• @Michael said:
    :D

I think you are right Michael. With the App Store dynamics, it is wise to wait for the MIDI Looper if it can be implemented in not too much time. That first wave of purchasers determines so much of people’s notion and MIDI looping will be such a big deal, it might be worth waiting.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Michael said:
    :D

I think you are right Michael. With the App Store dynamics, it is wise to wait for the MIDI Looper if it can be implemented in not too much time. That first wave of purchasers determines so much of people’s notion and MIDI looping will be such a big deal, it might be worth waiting.

I do tend to see the "total IOS market" as the same thing as the forum and I could be way off on how to release for maximum benefit with essential features. I'd buy it with either approach but maybe it would cost @michael dearly with bad press, poor reviews or
    an impression that it's not a "game changing" app.

I'm sure @Micheal has a better sense of IOS market dynamics and will do the right thing for his family. Now if Jimmy Fallon uses it with Billie Eilish on the "Tonight Show" then @Michael would be twice blessed.

• Pretty sure it will be a “game changing” app for me, with or without MIDI looping.

This discussion has been closed.