Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mazetools Mutant by Ectoplastic

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1483123496

Description:

EXPERIMENTING TROUGH INTUITIVE CONTROLS
All interactions are recorded and played back in loops, similar to musicians, who work with loop machines. Embedded in various soundscapes, the interaction is based on 6 instruments. Each gives you 4 controllers for rhythmic impulses, timing-details, filters and effects like chorus and echo.

MULTIPERSPECTIVE - SWITCH THE POINT OF LISTENING
In Mutant you can switch between 8 variations of your created musical piece that differ in chords, speed and pitch. Seven cubes with different acoustic environments and styles give you further diversity. Save your sessions by taking easily snapshots of your states and record your performance to an audio file.

COLLABORATIVE - EXPERIMENT AND JAM TOGETHER
Meet in hyperspace, make music together and discover the different perspectives on one and the same piece of music. Log into the same Wifi and collaborate across all platforms.

MAZETOOLS - CREATIVE FUSION
Experience music in a unique way - Mazetools stands for a special kind of creativity, that can build a connection between the magic of the moment and the conscious reflection of progress. You don’t have to be a musician - Mazetools invites you to experiment on a journey through the world of sound.

ECTOPLASTIC LABORATORY
Our small team works permanently and with great passion to improve the quality and add new functions! Follow us in your social network or subscribe to the Mazetools newsletter, if you like to be informed about further developments, upcoming features and new tools!

Comments

• Interesting but I suppose that this app has 0 connectivity like the other developer’s app.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Interesting but I suppose that this app has 0 connectivity like the other developer’s app.

probably not.
    it looks like it’s cool and fun but i do not ever get much long term fun from these apps that cant connect .
    hopefully we are wrong

• I pre- ordered this mutant 😎

• for me, not everything needs inter-connectivity.

i say this because there are many standalone apps that i really, really enjoy. This is a personal preference and pleasure

the position paper than runs along side what is really just my experience and pleasures would be:

Old school inter-connectivity (the Roland boxes etc, guitars, keyboards etc, not to mention symphony orchestras) meant a group of people playing together, or one person playing items serially. New school inter-connectivity on laptop and especially iOS grew up alongside the lack of it. Standalone software may be more rare on laptop, and maybe the wish for it on iOS comes out of preferred laptop style workflows. iOS may be uniquely suited to standalone stuff, where developers like the mazetools folks and many others seek to exploit the touch and graphic possibilities of the platform, in a way creating "pure" iOS music soft.

End of polemic/digression.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    iOS may be uniquely suited to standalone stuff, where developers like the mazetools folks and many others seek to exploit the touch and graphic possibilities of the platform, in a way creating "pure" iOS music soft.

>

By all means exploit the touch and graphic possibilities, but why, after this many years of progress, would you not integrate properly with the rest of the iOS music ecosystem ?

• I wonder if the engine is different from Soniface, sounds very similar. It could be a more simplified app of the same engine, in which case I’ll pass, but if there’s any significant difference I’ll probably pick it up :)

• @gsm909 said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    iOS may be uniquely suited to standalone stuff, where developers like the mazetools folks and many others seek to exploit the touch and graphic possibilities of the platform, in a way creating "pure" iOS music soft.

>

By all means exploit the touch and graphic possibilities, but why, after this many years of progress, would you not integrate properly with the rest of the iOS music ecosystem ?

They want to do it, but it’s not easy because it’s all built in Unity like Soniface. Hopefully they’ll get around to it.

• @gsm909 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

>

Yes, for me at least AB3. Most of my fav. standalone have it.

• It looks similar to Soniface?

• It looks to me like they learned at least some lessons on what works well etc. Even that last sonic face update was lightyears better with no crashes and WAY better sets demos or whatever those colored donuts are. Not iced like Lala lab.
    If they just nail this graphic idea in a way that looks promising and MIDI or auv3... Wooot from oceans

• I felt maztools sonic face tried to do TOO much! And just the scriaben color organ was enough if properly explained with the interface.....

• Closes to background directly after the logo loads on my Air 1. I’ve let the dev know

• Just bought it and it works. So good sounding app. I don’t know what I’m down but I will try to learn for sure. Unfortunately it is an island. No connection at all.

• @Charlesalbert an island indeed ! But i like everything else, having a blast, such nice layout and sound ! Now, i would really wish we could use it inside aum ...

• looks lovely, eta sample import?

• Show stopping bug here, no sound from speaker and audio interface, only headphones.
    Looks nice, but Soniface is deeper. Wish you could tweak the sounds.

• Does it have scales and bpm or is it all totally random?
    What’s the variety of sounds like?

• Is there something like fullscreen support? I was thinking about using it with a projector on a wall or something. Could look really nice ;)

• edited March 2020

so does this thing work lol getting a bad vibe here... and any audiobus connectivity?

• @reasOne it works fine here

• @mlau said:
    @reasOne it works fine here

that is good! does it connect to audiobus or aum?

• edited March 2020

@mlau said:

is it working through the ipad speaker or audio interface for you?

• @reasOne no it does not, i wish it would ...
    @Carnbot yes

• @Carnbot said:
    Show stopping bug here, no sound from speaker and audio interface, only headphones.
    Looks nice, but Soniface is deeper. Wish you could tweak the sounds.

no sound tweaking 😬 lol maybe that’s ok i dunno yet the drums sounds cool

• @mlau said:
    @reasOne no it does not, i wish it would ...
    @Carnbot yes

thank you man!

• @reasOne said:

@mlau said:
    @reasOne no it does not, i wish it would ...
    @Carnbot yes

thank you man!

Sound tweaking through effects, but not the raw sounds as far as I can see....

• edited March 2020

Dev has advised me that it is a RAM issue and will not work on Air1. Said to request a refund

Bought the Steam version in PC, looks and sounds fantastic on the large screen and studio monitors

• @Carnbot said:
    Show stopping bug here, no sound from speaker and audio interface, only headphones.

Ok, have a workaround for this bug, it’s only happening when the ipad has sounds disabled (mute in the control centre).