Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sunvox and Bluetooth Keyboard

I am wanting to get into tha Tracker workflow and hoping I can use my Logitech BT keyboard to flex with sunvox. Anyone having luck with this?

Comments

• It's supposed to work now, but I haven't tried it (have same keyboard). Will try with an apple one when I get a chance.

• @cian said:
    It's supposed to work now, but I haven't tried it (have same keyboard). Will try with an apple one when I get a chance.

I’ll be pokin around a bit more next time I get a chance. Thanks!

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

Works here, but maybe not like you might hope. You can input notes with it, which is good for triggering samples and laying down basic notes in patterns, but not so much for recording any expressive playing.

However, since iOS doesn’t have a separate sense of key-down and key-up as PC and Mac keyboards do, you can’t sustain notes. Holding down a key results in multiple repeated notes rather than a long note. This is because Sunvox has no way of knowing from the operating system how long you’re pressing a key, so it only re-triggers as the key press messages keep coming in from iOS.

Also, I don’t think it will work in the AU version, only in the IAA/Standalone version.

Sunvox has many keyboard shortcuts that are also useful beyond inputting notes, though. Many of them are F1, F2, type keys, which some keyboards handle better than others.