Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

4th Gen 2020 Ipad Pro 12.9 released

Comments

• Looks good, would love to see benchmarks on the new chip

• Yeah will likely upgrade to this one from my 2nd gen when I can afford it. Very happy about a 3d scanner being on it.

• edited March 2020

I have 3rd generation 12.9 and I'm happy. It is really good device. I don't see many differences with 4rd generation

• edited March 2020

Base models have double storage now so that's good, no more 64GB iPads :)

• I’d much preferred Covid scanner and virus tracking support B)

• Apparently it has 5 built-in microphones as well for improved audio quality :)
    But where's the headphone jack for latency free monitoring?!

• More info including annoying Apple promo video here:

https://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/

• They even claim pro audio with studio-quality microphones.

Sounds like the trackpad stuff will be iPad centric instead of just copying over the mouse experience. Let's hope that keeps encouraging good apps to be optimized for touch.

• Unfortunately my country's currency is crashing vs. USD, this may become expensive ...

• The new Magic Keyboard with the trackpad is $300 for 11", $350 for 12.9".

• Looks like a very expensive meh to me...

• Lets see how that chip handles audio

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Lets see how that chip handles audio

It has A12Z CPU not A13 (which is in latest iPhone models) ... they increased number of GFX chips (obviously AR performance is they primary goal)... based on fact it is same serie as A12 chip i guess performance for audio apps will be +/- same like 2018 PRO / 2019 MINI/Air models ...

• Anyone know what the maximum RAM is please? I cannot spot it...

• @dendy said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    Lets see how that chip handles audio

It has A12Z CPU not A13 (which is in latest iPhone models) ... they increased number of GFX chips (obviously AR performance is they primary goal)... based on fact it is same serie as A12 chip i guess performance for audio apps will be +/- same like 2018 PRO / 2019 MINI/Air models ...

Yeah I’ll just get a mini 5 then.

• Might hold off for the A13 revision when that drops.

• I love it how they evidence ‘backside illumination’ (whatever that means) but totally leave out Ram as if it wasn’t even a thing.

• edited March 2020

@Samu said:
    Apparently it has 5 built-in microphones as well for improved audio quality :)

>

Sounds like they’ve bumped up the audio hardware side of things. Haven’t tested the mics, but the speakers in the new MBP are incredible. Hopefully they’ll roll this across to all devices.

• @supadom said:
    I love it how they evidence ‘backside illumination’ (whatever that means) but totally leave out Ram as if it wasn’t even a thing.

Yeah it’s so annoying corporate marketeering, because it’s not a ”computer” (but it is).

• edited March 2020

I'm glad it's the A12Z. It's a good upgrade for those with lower spec iPads, but not significant for those with the 2018 model. Good change.

@Samu said:

They're trying to push their AirPods, and wireless as a standard for audio, while possibly solve the wireless latency issue with Bluetooth. Personally, I'm in favor of this change IF they can solve the wireless bluetooth delay.

• The new trackpad has a usb c port for charging the new iPad. I really wish they’d just give us two usb c ports and a headphone jack like the MacBook pros.

• No way in hell I would buy one of these keyboards, as Apple Smart keyboards have always started to become unreliable after about a year for me, both with 2nd and 3rd gen iPad pros...

• Lets hope the 12Z chip is no 12zzzzzz chip

• Uh and hefty price.

• @Samu said:

Interesting. I wonder if they are now as good as the ones in the 16" macbooks.

• edited March 2020

@Gavinski said:
    No way in hell I would buy one of these keyboards, as Apple Smart keyboards have always started to become unreliable after about a year for me, both with 2nd and 3rd gen iPad pros...

What happens? I would be interested in such a keyboard when i might get a new iPad because i could use them as midi input since i often use it and the tactile feedback already helps. What was broken? Too wobbly?

• @Samu said:

Headphone jacks are for cowards.

• @Clueless said:

@Samu said:

Interesting. I wonder if they are now as good as the ones in the 16" macbooks.

If it is it will take GarageBand to another level :)
    But still make monitoring a pita due to the damned BT latency.

For playback the 2nd Gen iPod Airs are quite ok but for real-time I just get frustrated...

And many apps sound like shit thru them, try Magellan 2 and it's sawtooth sounds like modulated FM wave with the wireless AirPods and smooth as silk with Lightning EarPods. (This is due to the compression that screws up high frequency content as there is no low-pass filtering done prior to encoding the audio for BT transmission).

• So my iPad upgrade I’ve had for like 2 months can’t use the new trackpad, outstanding move apple. Why not drop an Apple Pencil 3 that doesn’t infinitely drain the battery and make it so I can’t use that without upgrading too