Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your favorite delay app?

Comments

• bleass delay is my favorite delay. ever. I've owned countless pedals, vst's, and own nearly every ios delay. Bleass delay is hands down my favorite

• Delays are one area in IOS I’m finding hard to compete with my hardware delays (Eventide and TC Electronics), but so far for me in IOS it’s Modley and Eventide Pitch Factor.

• K7D is a great tape delay! Preamp sounds awesome

• @jolico said:

Queensland rail???
    Lots of delays?

Took me some time too ;) well played mate haha

• @jolico said:

Queensland rail???
    Lots of delays?

Quite good actually, better than the old commute into London for sure!

• +1 on nembrini rack delay. don't underestimate that thing. gives a nice atmosphere to guitars, vocals, ...
    other that that, re-1, bleass, dubstation

• Dubstation was my main go to. Now it’s Dub.

• The Delay Rack in Drambo allows you to place fx into its feedback loop. So you can create things like a delay + bit redux, where each cycle of the feedback loop gets more bit crushed. Or the same thing with a phaser in the loop, where the phasing gets more intense with each pass. You can even place AU effects into the feedback loop. This makes it one of the most flexible delays on IOS, imo.

A 2nd favorite is the newish Yukawa multitap delay.

• @aleyas said:
    The Delay Rack in Drambo allows you to place fx into its feedback loop. So you can create things like a delay + bit redux, where each cycle of the feedback loop gets more bit crushed. Or the same thing with a phaser in the loop, where the phasing gets more intense with each pass. You can even place AU effects into the feedback loop. This makes it one of the most flexible delays on IOS, imo.

I’m my, oh my. I need to try this setup. Is there a patch that gets you started?

• @gusgranite said:

@aleyas said:
    The Delay Rack in Drambo allows you to place fx into its feedback loop. So you can create things like a delay + bit redux, where each cycle of the feedback loop gets more bit crushed. Or the same thing with a phaser in the loop, where the phasing gets more intense with each pass. You can even place AU effects into the feedback loop. This makes it one of the most flexible delays on IOS, imo.

I’m my, oh my. I need to try this setup. Is there a patch that gets you started?

It's pretty simple to set up. If you're using AUM, just place Drambo mFX in the fx slot. From there, add the DELAY RACK module, found under the 'processor' section. Inside the delay rack will be a +. Click the + and you can add as many additional modules as you like - probably best to start with something noticeable like bitcrush, chorus, or reverb.

If you want to put AU fx in the delay loop, you need to use Drambo standalone. Same process.

Really fun and flexible way to create your own dream delays!

• @aleyas said:

@gusgranite said:

@aleyas said:

It's pretty simple to set up. If you're using AUM, just place Drambo mFX in the fx slot. From there, add the DELAY RACK module, found under the 'processor' section. Inside the delay rack will be a +. Click the + and you can add as many additional modules as you like - probably best to start with something noticeable like bitcrush, chorus, or reverb.

If you want to put AU fx in the delay loop, you need to use Drambo standalone. Same process.

Really fun and flexible way to create your own dream delays!

Modley allow the same kind of workflow.

• Apedelay rocks

• Wanted to throw out a suggestion for what has become my top iOS delay...the Nembrini Delay 3000.

I love the features and ideas, and sound, of many of the others like Bleass and RE-1 and Ultratap, but to to me the Delay 3000 is so much “bigger” and 3D sounding than anything else when compared side by side (and def not just for guitar). Its like the FAC Chorus of delays 😎

• edited January 2021

Lofionic

• @marmakin said:
    Wanted to throw out a suggestion for what has become my top iOS delay...the Nembrini Delay 3000.

I love the features and ideas, and sound, of many of the others like Bleass and RE-1 and Ultratap, but to to me the Delay 3000 is so much “bigger” and 3D sounding than anything else when compared side by side (and def not just for guitar). Its like the FAC Chorus of delays 😎

Yes, it really is a great delay. I did a vid on it some time ago.

• edited January 2021

If I’m just slapping on a delay BLEASS. It’s quick to dial in.
    Modly if I want some texture
    Kosmonaut for the randoms
    Ultratap for effect sounding effects
    Delayrium, apeDelay, and Yukawa for insanity

K7D is lots of fun too

• For weird stuff (like automating the playback speed) I’ve been using Gauss and Enso with short loops

• So hard to choose a fave. It really depends on the situation. For a very very clean and simple but great sounding one I like tfx echo a lot. Yukawa is great fun. Midi echo is fabulous. Reelbus.

• Yukawa is great for rhythmic delays, also TTAP for craziness, but often very pleasant craziness.

• edited January 2021

PSP have a great delay in Auria, can’t remember the name now tho. Speaking of, I want FabFilters Timeless2 as an AUv3. 🙏

• edited January 2021

Timeless 2 no contest

I'm still not satisfied with a quick AU go-to without opening Auria, but Kosmonaut is the one I always default to. Nembrini might be the one with the best sound quality, but I'm still in the habit of going straight to the bram. You guys might want to check your ears in comparison on Dubstation...it sounds pretty crappy and lacks the clarity of most of the delays listed. @Gavinski exposed this for me in one of his videos a while back. I know it's intended to be somewhat dark and analog-y, but it goes way too past that into drab and muted for me to use it anymore.

I wish that Lunar Lander would get released soon, seemed like it was mentioned in beta several months ago. I'm also curious to see how much they charge for it. Will they break the $20 barrier for an effect? Dare to go $30?

• @ChrisG said:
    PSP have a great delay in Auria, can’t remember the name now tho. Speaking of, I want FabFilters Timeless2 as an AUv3. 🙏

Ooh yeah, that one's nice too. Shame I have to clunk through Auria to get the best of iOS delays.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I wish that Lunar Lander would get released soon, seemed like it was mentioned in beta several months ago. I'm also curious to see how much they charge for it. Will they break the $20 barrier for an effect? Dare to go $30?

They said $10 in December, I’m also eager for it

• @j_liljedahl's new AU3FX:Dub is really good and creative delay. If you love AUM, you should buy it to show some respect for the quality of his code. His AU3FX:Space is also a great super creative Reverb.

MAKE SURE TO GET THE AUv3 version with the "3" in the app name. The AUFX are the older IAA capable versions.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/au3fx-dub/id1542042948

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/au3fx-space/id1540779621

• @McD said:
    @j_liljedahl's new AU3FX:Dub is really good and creative delay. If you love AUM, you should buy it to show some respect for the quality of his code. His AU3FX:Space is also a great super creative Reverb.

MAKE SURE TO GET THE AUv3 version with the "3" in the app name. The AUFX are the older IAA capable versions.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/au3fx-dub/id1542042948

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/au3fx-space/id1540779621

Yes both are very good and great results. I heard that EOS 2 & Dubstation has some codes from Valhalla and both are in my next buy

• Speaking of Valhalla... I love their Delay... are there any ios apps that offer similar reverse and diffusion stuff?

As for my favorite iOS delays Kosmonaut, TB ReelBus, Tape Pro, Modley...