Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your favorite delay app?

What ya got? Was thinking about getting the fd-1

Comments

• Bleass Delay. Easy to use, quick, great results.

I like most of the others too, but...

• edited March 2020

Re-1 sounds incredible. It also eats up my iPad battery.

• We have some really fun delays on iOS. I use Kosmonaut the most. Last night I used Phase Delay Array in a track and it was just the ticket. Dubstation is always a go to as well.

• Oh, and FD-1 is really creative as well. Highly recommended!

• Yeah kosmonaut is wicked, more than enough for me

• I really like the Yale Delay, but it’s non-standard.

• go to delays..
    bless delay
    re-1 tape machine
    kosmonaut
    ultratap
    phasedelayarray

• Ambient then Ultratap

Else for fun .. then U2ish dub delay

Clip for your reference
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrcfm38hjg1xrfu/Gainstage clip 6 with dub delay.wav?dl=0

• Drambo because its release has a a delay up to several years ;)

• You have made me dig back. Modley and ApeDelay are most excellent as well.

• I’m actually really liking the Nembrini Audio analog rack delay lately. It’s really nice on vocals when used subtilely. Gives em that extra magic to cap it off. Plus it’s free.

• @Clueless said:
    Drambo because its release has a a delay up to several years ;)

ziiiiing 🤣

• Dubstation 2 is my delay of choice.

• All of them. Most used: Dubstation, Bleass, FD-1.

• Agree, all I have tried, depends on situation. Currently loving Modley for general use, YaleD and Dedalus for ambient .

• For some reason over the past few days I’ve been reading about hardware analogue delays, tape delays, BBD delays, etc. Including the Boss Space Echo RE-20 thing.

• UltraTap
    Kosmonaut
    BLEASS Delay
    The holy trinity lol

• Kosmonauts looper is also a big big selling point. It’s my favorite easy way to capture short musical passages for saving in AUM. It’s not transport linked so editing needed for perfect loops, but damn if I haven’t sprouted a lot of seeds in that fertile ground

• edited March 2020

Oh i really love BBD delays. One very good is coming soon to iOS as part of a delay, reverb saturation FX (at least thats what the developer says). Actually it will be then my favorite iOS delay.

• Is there not also a way to use Model 15 app as FX because this is actually my favorite iOS delay. It has the best analog flavor for me. Model D delay together with the bender is even better. Can i use Model D as FX?

• One that’s being left out is TapDelay. Koz is awesome, but it’s been mentioned.

TapDelay is super unique for a number of reasons:
    The number of heads/taps
    The very playable filter in the feedback path
    The fact that when you use external midi control, you can set the level for each tap’s l/r level
    It’s got amazing sound that’s really controllable via bias, saturation,hiss and wow

If TapDelay had Kosmonaut sound on sound it would be perfect.

Kosmonaut would be perfect if there was more control other than just LP/hp in the feedback path

In third place has to be Modley. A tweaker’s dream.

Honorable mention to Dedalus for pure delay insanity...

• I frequently go back to AUFX:Dub.

• TB ReelBus has some great tape delays

• edited March 2020

1 = Fabfilter Timeless 2 (used in AUM/Audiobus via AUX send/return to Auria Pro) and 2 = Modley

• @Clueless said:
    Drambo because its release has a a delay up to several years ;)

Hello? Is there the Burn Unit? Please come quick...

• @Clueless said:
    Is there not also a way to use Model 15 app as FX because this is actually my favorite iOS delay. It has the best analog flavor for me. Model D delay together with the bender is even better. Can i use Model D as FX?

For Model 15 you have several templates (under Templates, duh) that allow you to use it in the FX slot in AUM etc. Model only feeds it’s own output into its exter Input, sadly.

• edited March 2020

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Clueless said:
    Is there not also a way to use Model 15 app as FX because this is actually my favorite iOS delay. It has the best analog flavor for me. Model D delay together with the bender is even better. Can i use Model D as FX?

For Model 15 you have several templates (under Templates, duh) that allow you to use it in the FX slot in AUM etc. Model only feeds it’s own output into its exter Input, sadly.

Thank‘s. I actually find the Moog delay is the best on iOS. Hard to say why but it has just cojones. And like i said together with the bender followed by a good reverb it would make a fantastic FX suite right now.

• I put a video demoing both my MDP mixer setup and the two delays I recommend in my Ugly Baby thread here:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/764877/#Comment_764877

• For what it's worth, I picked my fav delays because most of what I do or care about is drum machine/rhythmic/techno in nature.

I'm sure I'd pick diff. favs for more "melodic" stuff with longer note releases, etc.